Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 04:36 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,838,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
If Zimmerman is charged with murder in Florida, Obama will quietly lose white votes across America.

Zimmerman is becoming a scapegoat for black rage.
I choose to not believe the vast majority of White America is indeed, that stupid. Because, that.... that's just an extraordinary amount of stupid.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
I would hope it would be because of issues that really impact us, the sliding economy, high gas prices, worse housing criris in history, with no help in site, unemployment, things that matter most to getiing a sluggish economy thriving once again, but honestly improving, and not any friggin jive talk.
Sincerely improving, and not just improvising.
Good policies that makes sense, and that most americans agree with.
I would hope it would be because mature people do not want another 4 years of this terrible growth, when we have been hearing now for years it is better, to hell it is.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:42 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,838,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
It's all about politics. That's why the Failure-In-Chief fueled the racial divide by blabbering about how Trayvon "looked like" his kid.

Every time Oblama is presented with the opportunity to unify the country, he fails miserably. Trayvon Martin's case is just the latest in a long list of Oblama's missed opportunities.

What do you think Obama should have said about the case to unify the country? Since you know what is wrong, you must know what is right.
I'm curious how you would've handled it, if it was you, and you had to be Presidential.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:52 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
What do you think Obama should have said about the case to unify the country? Since you know what is wrong, you must know what is right.
I'm curious how you would've handled it, if it was you, and you had to be Presidential.
The President has two legitimate options:

1. Stay out of it.

2. Tell everyone to calm down, back off, and let the justice system work.

He picked #3, the worst option: pick sides before the facts are in and further polarize people. He did the same thing earlier in his Presidency (prejudged a situation) and it led to the beer summit.

Look, I didn't vote for Obama. But I did have HOPE that the election of someone not white would help this country start to put some of our racial divisions behind us. He has completely and totally failed in that regard. When it comes to race, there is virtually no difference between Obama and Al Sharpton. They're both pandering race hustlers.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 PM

37,891 posts, read 41,990,657 times
Quote:

1. Stay out of it.

He picked #3, the worst option: pick sides before the facts are in and further polarize people.
That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Obama's complete statement falls along the lines of #2 and that's clear to an unbiased ear.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:11 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Well zimmerman didn't care about that, so why should we?
Because we're better than Zimmerman.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:30 PM

994 posts, read 725,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
It's appalling that people are angry Zimmerman is being charged.

After all, he's innocent until proven otherwise, right? If he's innocent, let him say so in court, and let the prosecution present their evidence he's lying.
It's not THAT he's being charged, it's WHEN he's being charged.

I doubt anybody would be upset if Zimmerman had been charged intially. Or even soon after it happened. But he wasn't. The fact that he's being charged six weeks later in the middle of a media firestorm gives the appearance that the charges are based on public pressure rather than justice.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:35 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Obama coming out for Trayvon may alienate the Hispanics because of Zimmerman , as the blacks started out like a lynch mob and Obama didn't say a thing against it.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:38 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:

1. Stay out of it.

He picked #3, the worst option: pick sides before the facts are in and further polarize people. He did the same thing earlier in his Presidency (prejudged a situation) and it led to the beer summit.

Look, I didn't vote for Obama. But I did have HOPE that the election of someone not white would help this country start to put some of our racial divisions behind us. He has completely and totally failed in that regard. When it comes to race, there is virtually no difference between Obama and Al Sharpton. They're both pandering race hustlers.
Obama only comes out for his own.. his liberal side or for the blacks.. remember the black professor and the police officer.. the police acted stupidly was Obama's thought of the day.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:42 PM

802 posts, read 564,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama only comes out for his own.. his liberal side or for the blacks.. remember the black professor and the police officer.. the police acted stupidly was Obama's thought of the day.
Anyone remember this? It almost led to a mistrial.

The Palm Beach Post - Google News Archive Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies