Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 08:04 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Thank you. I don't mind people disagreeing with me as you do. I have a problem when people bring in speculation about things that haven't even been released in the media.
I'm astonished someone does not know this. It's been on every station, including local newscasts, all networks, all talk shows, with the exception of ESPN. I heard it live on MSNBC (a brief summation), and someone posted the pdf about 1 hour later.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I just watched Anderson Cooper's interview with Trayvon's mother, brother and attorney.

I can't help but feel sad for these people, especially the mother who's clearly a very uneducated woman who is doing whatever she can to turn her son into a pay check. She admitted earlier today that this was likely an accident, I'm sure she was quickly corrected by everyone involved because she changed her tune real quick about that.

Their attorney is an embarrassment to the legal profession, he's got a hard time speaking in complete sentences and he's got dollar signs in his eyes.
Please tell me that you don't have kids?

Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Harvard Law prof.: Charges against Zimmerman won

Old 04-12-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I still don't know, and will wait for more evidence to come out, but the more I see and hear about his case the more I lean towards Zimmermans guilt. There are just some things bugging me;

- Zimmerman and his Dad's story including the phrases "homie", "you're going to die tonight", and "you got me". 'Homie' maybe, I don't know how they talk in Florida, but that's something I haven't heard around here since the 90's. The other phrases sound like complete BS.

- Zimmerman's website. It just seemed weird, like he's got some mental problems.

- The fact that the prosecutor went with 2nd degree murder. That tells me she has some pretty damning evidence that we don't know about. I think it's the autopsy/ballistics report. I remember working on a guys truck who used to be a cop, and him telling me a story about these cops that got busted for a bad shooting because the bulletholes in the skin didn't line up with the bullet holes in the muscle on 2 suspects with their arms at rest, and they were able to determine from that, that the suspects had been shot while they had their hands up. I think they found something like that on Martin that busts Zimmerman's story.

- Zimmerman's 2 original attorneys dumping him the day before he was arrested. They may have been aware of the new evidence.

- The fact that Zimmerman hasn't apologized. Even if it was a justified shooting, any decent person would apologize knowing Trayvon was doing nothing wrong and his actions, deliberate or not, lead to the death of a 17 year old, especially after all the dignity and class the Martin parents have shown.

But I don't know. Maybe Zimmerman is that confident that he wasn't in the wrong and that his defense is solid, and as the facts come out they might surprise me. But as it stands right now, for me, he's looking more cold hearted and guilty by the day.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:09 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's obvious you're not following this case analytically thus discussing it with you is a waste of time for me.

By the off chance you are being sincere the prosecution listed the basis for the probable cause to charge Zimmerman today.
I read the report. What is in it that we didn't already know? What of my post did you feel was inaccurate?

Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
LOL! The video tape sure showed a damaged George, with at most a Boo Boo . Not even a bandaid. No blood on any article of clothing. Oh the miracle.
The video backs up Zimmerman's account of what took place, he was treated and cleaned up at the scene so he wouldn't be walking into the police station with a bloody head. His injuries are visible on the video, of course many people want to downplay the level of his injuries but that's not for us to decide by using a low quality police surveillance video.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I'm astonished someone does not know this. It's been on every station, including local newscasts, all networks, all talk shows, with the exception of ESPN. I heard it live on MSNBC (a brief summation), and someone posted the pdf about 1 hour later.
Like I said to the other poster, what's in this report that we didn't already know? I read the f'n report, I saw no NEW information.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:12 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Please tell me that you don't have kids?
I do have kids and if one of my kids attacked someone and had the capability to cause serious harm or death to someone I'd probably understand them feeling in fear for their life. Nobody wants to see their child shot but our laws aren't based on emotion.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:12 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
The video backs up Zimmerman's account of what took place, he was treated and cleaned up at the scene so he wouldn't be walking into the police station with a bloody head. His injuries are visible on the video, of course many people want to downplay the level of his injuries but that's not for us to decide by using a low quality police surveillance video.
Hard to say whether his head sported a Boo Boo or a bald spot.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I know it's harsh but given the fact that the mother has gone through the process of trademarking the name and saying "I am Trayvon" I can't help but think that she's partially in this for the money and sees this as opportunity to get a large check.
Let me just say that when your child is murdered making money off of it is the last thing that you would think about. Unless of course you are Joe Jackson.

She wants justice for her child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies