Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 12:54 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbaby View Post
i think the bottom line is this: zimmerman is going to jail for killing an innocent child like a dog. the evidence is too strong against him for him to just walk. he did too many things wrong that night to include taking someone's life. and why did he do this: because he didn't think he belonged in his neighborhood. zimmerman said, "this guy looks like he is up to no good", but the truth of the matter is, is zimmerman was the one who was up to no good. his a$$ is where he belongs and trust this, he won't be leaving for a long, long time. end of story.
I agree that is the likely outcome and barring actual physical evidence to support the notion of self-defense, it will be justice to hear the announcement of his jail term. This charge means at the earliest, he leaves a jail cell around 2037. In his 50s.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:55 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

As far as physical stature....Martin was more imposing than Zimmerman....
Why? Because he was taller?

Or is there another reason?

In my opinion, the person with the gun automatically becomes the one who's the more imposing.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:57 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, I watched it. I was once married to a guy who was 5'9" and 160#. He was a lot skinnier than GZ.
You might want to rinse those "bubbles" out of your eyes...

Old 04-12-2012, 12:58 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,533 times
Trayvon Martin's mother doesn't HAVE to say anything....just sit back and martyr.

She already has the NAACP, Sharpton, Jesse and the NBPP along with other radical goons to carry out the social dirt.

9,701 posts, read 5,119,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's not the issue!!!!! Trayvon is dead why is this hard for you to grasp?

I agree if Trayvon was alive and charged with assault he could use the SYG defense.
so if I tried to rob you at gunpoint and you fight back (under SYG) to the point that you're now in a dominant position, I'm within my rights to shoot you, under syg?

18,358 posts, read 26,516,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I agree that is the likely outcome and barring actual physical evidence to support the notion of self-defense, it will be justice to hear the announcement of his jail term. This charge means at the earliest, he leaves a jail cell around 2037. In his 50s.
If the report Martin attacked him first is correct, he's walking a free man after the trial (if a judge doesn't toss the charge first). Doing stupid things has consequences. Martin shouldn't have turned around and attacked Zimmerman.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Why? Because he was taller?

Or is there another reason?

In my opinion, the person with the gun automatically becomes the one who's the more imposing.
Yes, because he was WAY taller....and he was NOT frail as first reported....AND perpetuated by the morons on the blogs and forums...

Martin would have to have known he had a gun!

it's not like Zimmerman pulled it out waving it....if Zimmerman was flaunting his gun and really wanted to kill the dude that bad he would have shot him comfortably from where he was.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:01 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,830,155 times
My dad used to drink in clubs all over Europe and Russia during the war...he said...don't be concerned abut the big scary guy that might hurt you...watch out for that little guy who is vicious and shifty..He had a friend who was a little fellow..He would walk in and pick out the biggest bad ass and beat the crap out of him...size has nothing to do with how dangerous a person might be or not be. I don't even know why people bring this up.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I don't even know why people bring this up.
Easy, because it gives their agenda superpowers....

Old 04-12-2012, 01:04 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Not the majority but a significant number and the wider community does nothing to condemn them. Also the predominate culture in the African American community glorifies criminality, is anti-education and debases their women. So I think even most Blacks whether criminal or not are complicit in the degredation of African Americans.
If you mean joining in with your constant bashing of blacks on a discussion forum I can see why you would say that, but in real life people who actually care do hold open discussions about the issues that you mentioned. Making generalizations and condoning racism on a discussion forum solves nothing.

Quote:
Well his twitter profile was laced with racial and myscoginist slurs. I don't know what college he was planning on attending with 3 suspensions in a year but I guess it's possible.

I'll cop to marijuana smoking. I was suspended once when some black kid got mad about one of my verbal comebacks. He decided to respond physically and I handled it.
And you graduated and went to college, correct?

Quote:
I don't dismiss it. It lends a reason as to why Zimmerman was hyper vigilant about neighborhood safety and wanting to be a cop.

I'm not a GZ supporter. Search through the first threads on this topic I said he should be charged with murder. Then more facts came out and I changed your mind., How can you convict him by dismissing his claims of self defense?
I saw you say that you hope that he's exonerated in the part 4 thread. Only a supporter would say that. I haven't convicted him, I wanted an investigation, an arrest and a trial. In my same post that you quoted, I said that if the evidence shows that he acted in self-defense, so be it.

Quote:
I'v never done that. I feel for the parents but they have ginned up some of this and more importantly they are in bed with a polarizing figure, Al Sharpton. The attacks come with the association.

I do think Martin was a wannabe thug. Last Sunday was the first time I've been to mass in about 10 years.
And this justifies his death or robs him of the right to protect himself, because you think he is a wanna be thug?

Quote:
Why does any criticism of Black culture mean you hate Blacks?
It doesn't when it comes from the heart, but you do not come across as someone who cares. There are basically two types of people who constantly criticize people based on race. Those who love and those who hate, not too many between. If my mother tells me about myself, I know it is out of concern and love. If someone who has never had anything nice to say about me and I don't get along with, tells me the same thing, it is probably just to make me feel bad. When it comes to blacks, you are unforgiving, judgemental and prejudice. Why would anyone take what you say as anything other than hatred? People keep bringing up Bill Cosby. I have no issues with what he said. I know that it came from a good place, you and some others here - not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies