Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 10:55 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
People? How many actual eyewitnesses were there? And you do realize that eyewitness testimony is not always reliable and credible...don't you? It is up to, what I assume is the FBI at this point, confirming the reliability and credibility of any witness claims.
Somewhere, buried in one of these voluminous threads, is a link from the Orlando Sentinel where the Sanford poice say there are NO eyewitnesses to the beginnng of the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I've seen 2 different individuals who claim they saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman before the shot was fired. Now answer my question, have you read any witnesses claim that Zimmerman was on top of Trayvon beating him before Trayvon was shot?
You've seen them? You were there?

Old 04-15-2012, 10:56 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
Thanks sickofnyc you made me laugh..........betcha if there were eyewitness testimony saying they saw GZ on top of TM beating him up, you wouldn't be looking up " problems w/ eyewitness testimony".
Nice going ............LOL
Bad reading comprehension skills? I did not write the article. I was all for an arrest until all evidence is gathered, presented and if warranted, a fair trial. The Zimmerman sympathizers just wanted to quash the wheels of justice and due process of law because Zimmerman was a gun owner and therefore a hero. Too bad you were disappointed that The Constitution works after all.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:01 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Somewhere, buried in one of these voluminous threads, is a link from the Orlando Sentinel where the Sanford poice say there are NO eyewitnesses to the beginnng of the fight.

Quote:
Another resident who identified himself as John contradicted Cutcher's account. He remembered Martin being on top of Zimmerman.

He told the Orlando TV station WOFL that a guy wearing red yelled to him, "Help! Help!"

"I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said. "And then when I got upstairs and looked down, the person that was on top beating up the other guy was the one laying in the grass. I believe he was dead at that point."

What witnesses say in the Trayvon Martin case - Page 3 - CNN

Old 04-15-2012, 11:07 AM

I stand by what I said, the Sanford police say there were no witnesses to the beginning of the fight.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:

Which is key. No one, with the exception of GZ, knows what transpired prior to his being on the ground. If GZ said "Excuse me son, but I'm the Neighborhood Watch volunteer and you don't look familiar. Do you live here? Can I help you? Just trying to keep everyone safe."

I don't think TM would have taken offense or felt intimidated by that scenario. We can safely assume that that is not what started the altercation. Something else certainly did.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I stand by what I said, the Sanford police say there were no witnesses to the beginning of the fight.
I agree. Just adding this as a reminder that we have a witness to an element of the fight.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Bad reading comprehension skills? I did not write the article. I was all for an arrest until all evidence is gathered, presented and if warranted, a fair trial. The Zimmerman sympathizers just wanted to quash the wheels of justice and due process of law because Zimmerman was a gun owner and therefore a hero. Too bad you were disappointed that The Constitution works after all.
Trayvon's mom said he was "mouthy". The fact of the matter is you don't know if Zimmerman did not say some variation of what you just posted. Trayvon walked towards him so he must not have been that scared. He was a short distance from his home he could have easily out run Zimmerman safely home.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:20 AM

96 posts, read 81,738 times
Quote:
What are you smoking? Read, if you are having difficulty, don't comment.
I KNOW you didn't write that, but you looked it up because the witnesses that saw what happened.......you didn't want to believe them, how pathetic is that.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Trayvon's mom said he was "mouthy". The fact of the matter is you don't know if Zimmerman did not say some variation of what you just posted. Trayvon walked towards him so he must not have been that scared. He was a short distance from his home he could have easily out run Zimmerman safely home.
How do you know what was in Trayvon's head? How do you know he could easily have outrun Zimmerman safely home? How, how, how?

Old 04-15-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
What are you smoking? Read, if you are having difficulty, don't comment.
I KNOW you didn't write that, but you looked it up because the witnesses that saw what happened.......you didn't want to believe them, how pathetic is that.
Ive been aware of this since I was a young teen and watched "Twelve Angry Men". It's an elightening look into the mind of jurors that are deciding a murder case based on "eyewitness" testimony. The characters are fictional, but the premise is very accurate. Unreliability of this type of testiomoy is ubiquitous and studied by the experts. Get an education!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies