Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 11:59 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You said "people" which translates to plural...more than one. I asked you how many.

There are also the issues surrounding "eyewitness testimony". There are thousands of sites that discuss some of the problems with it.

The Problem with Eyewitness Testimony
The Problem With Eyewitness Testimony

Professionals take the possible shortcomings of eyewitness testimony into consideration. Was the witness drinking prior to "witnessing" the incident, does the witness wear glasses, proximity of witness to crime scene, etc. These are just examples of technical issues as there will also be a character reliability check of the witness.
Wow, you and others here have it all covered and refuse to support and critisize anything that might support Zimmerman. But Trayvon is an angel.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:59 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
What are you smoking? Read, if you are having difficulty, don't comment.
I KNOW you didn't write that, but you looked it up because the witnesses that saw what happened.......you didn't want to believe them, how pathetic is that.
Wow - that's a pretty unnecessarily rude response to the poster, don't you think?

Old 04-15-2012, 12:02 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Wow, you and others here have it all covered and refuse to support and critisize anything that might support Zimmerman. But Trayvon is an angel.
I have not made a definitive statement either way. There are variables that Zimmerman sympathizers refuse to acknowledge. They are the ones that have decided the outcome and speak as if they were at the scene of the crime. You really have it backwards.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I stand by what I said, the Sanford police say there were no witnesses to the beginning of the fight.
Probably before they interviewed anyone.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:11 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I've seen 2 different individuals who claim they saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman before the shot was fired. Now answer my question, have you read any witnesses claim that Zimmerman was on top of Trayvon beating him before Trayvon was shot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You've seen them? You were there?
Are you one of the eyewitnesses? Were you there? Do you know what was on either GZ's or TM's mind? Do you know either of them personally?

Wait let me answer that for you...The answer is a resounding NO...

We're all on here theorizing, editorializing, speculating and trying to have a discussion based on very limited facts and lots of hearsay...frequently your condescending comments derail and take the discussions off-topic...you're "amusing" at best...Instead of the constant snarkiness why don't you just answer Backspace's question...

Old 04-15-2012, 12:11 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Probably before they interviewed anyone.
Actually, the FBI were doing the interviews, at least up until the point when the Prosecuter brought charges.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:12 PM

32 posts, read 24,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Wow - that's a pretty unnecessarily rude response to the poster, don't you think?
I've been reading for about an hr. now, this sickofnyc is the rude one. I'm glad to see that someone gave it back to him or her.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Ive been aware of this since I was a young teen and watched "Twelve Angry Men". It's an elightening look into the mind of jurors that are deciding a murder case based on "eyewitness" testimony. The characters are fictional, but the premise is very accurate. Unreliability of this type of testiomoy is ubiquitous and studied by the experts. Get an education!
When you have more than one witness that saw pretty much the same thing, I would say it is pretty reliable testimony.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I have not made a definitive statement either way. There are variables that Zimmerman sympathizers refuse to acknowledge. They are the ones that have decided the outcome and speak as if they were at the scene of the crime. You really have it backwards.
You haven't made a definitive statement either way, I beg to differ.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I affirm that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies