Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,439,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Again, for the tenth time:
I have been all over, and blacks generally don't like me, nor do I care for them. The reason my half sister didn't have the problems I did is because SHE'S ALL BLACK! She is a pure, dark skinned member of the "African Master Race," while I'm "the mongrel" and blacks treat me as such.

And again: if white people treat me badly because of my skin, that's racist...if blacks do it, then "I just don't understand the black community" or "it's a misunderstanding."

I'm not "attacking" the "black community", just saying that I have NOTHING IN COMMON WITH MOST OF THEM...I despise hip hop and modern R&B, that's all they listen to. I prefer metal, classical, rock, folk, electronic music, New Wave etc, they don't like that stuff. My favorite cuisine is Dim Sum, they all eat FRIED SOME crap like pig's feet and neck bones in collard greens, which I was raised on but NEVER COULD STAND. They like clothes and basketball, I don't care what I look like unless I'm working and don't watch sports. I flip through books by H.P. Lovecraft and Neil Gaiman, they flip through books of rolling papers etc.

I have nothing in common with the average black and don't care to have to deal with them simply because of a shared African origin ages ago. I may have been raised in "da hood", but I am not of "da hood" and have no desire to see any of those kind of people again.
Your bias and stereotypes MAY be the exact reason black people don't like you. Your statement that we only listen to hip hop and R&B is not true. I don't think all white people listen to rock and country which I like.

We all like FRIED pig feet and neck bones blah blah blah so and other cultures like rice, insects and dog. What is your point? We see thousands of fans on TV at hockey, baseball, football and basketball. I guarantee you they aren't all black. We flip through books of rolling paper? You have real issues.

I don't think it's only black people that don't like you. Even if all that you are saying is true, so what? That has nothing to do with people liking you or not. I have white and Asian friends that like certain kinds of foods that I don't eat, I don't listen to Asia music or I'm not interested in soccer. But at the end of the day, they are the greatest friends in the world because of our differences and we learn from each other. If you had a good personality, Come back and tell us how many black people like you then!

Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 PM

496 posts, read 484,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Your bias and stereotypes MAY be the exact reason black people don't like you. Your statement that we only listen to hip hop and R&B is not true. I don't think all white people listen to rock and country which I like.

We all like FRIED pig feet and neck bones blah blah blah so and other cultures like rice, insects and dog. What is your point? We see thousands of fans on TV at hockey, baseball, football and basketball. I guarantee you they aren't all black. We flip through books of rolling paper? You have real issues.

I don't think it's only black people that don't like you. Even if all that you are saying is true, so what? That has nothing to do with people liking you or not. I have white and Asian friends that like certain kinds of foods that I don't eat, I don't listen to Asia music or I'm not interested in soccer. But at the end of the day, they are the greatest friends in the world because of our differences and we learn from each other. If you had a good personality, Come back and tell us how many black people like you then!
Great entry....I'm a musician and love all kinds of music except country. Yes I'm white but I just cannot stand country music. Thats just me.

Anyway with all the talking and idea's about what and who is inclined different ways...heres a break for a change.....now this guy ok...is south Korean and the piece is written by Chopin, a Polish gentleman. The interesting thing is that the Europeans are very tough on Asian performers and guess what?

This gentleman plays this piece better then any recording known to man.

Better then Horowitz and Rubinstein yet...he's south Korean. He makes about 6 mistakes which no one will hear unless pro's.....my point is...all the racial junk has almost everything to do with WHO you spend your time with NOT VALUE ....so I know its tough but stay away from folks who start drawing these ridiculous lines( not remarking toward anyone just a thought. anyway...enjoy a huge performance. If no one likes then I don't care, did my best in the sharing and thats all any human can, or in fact does do

( give it time if it is, to be... nothing worth anything comes right away.

[2/4] Chopin Piano Concerto No.1 (1st)-[Sunwook Kim] - YouTube

Last edited by peter-1; 04-28-2012 at 12:02 AM..

Old 04-27-2012, 11:54 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,079,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
You know many blacks say I act white and do not fit into the norm for most black people. I have a different taste in music for anybody, I speak very different, and have different interest than most other blacks. But never did I once feel the need to stop being black.

Truth is I know white society, as a whole, will not accept me anymore than black people will. You have to go your own way in life and stop worrying about what ignorant people of ALL RACES say about you. Just live your life and stop worrying about this stuff, geez.
This is an example of a delusional black person. You can sit there and believe what white people say about you doesn't matter. They still are the majority, and how they see you matters a lot. I expect white people to live in fantasy world, but not blacks folks. That is just stupid what you said and naive.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:09 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,600,875 times
Quote:

I agree with most of what you are saying here. But many times, even when you do have a good personality, being around toxic people is not good for anyone. After a while many people will become like these toxic people that brought them down and thus end up doing the same to others. The OP is proof of this in him saying "he is no longer black". Sounds like he wants nothing to do with his blackness.

I have also experienced many of the same things the OP has, to a lesser extent. But never once did I ever feel the need to distance myself from things that were perceived to be black. If the OP feels the people he is around is toxic then it is time for him to change his circle. Do not try to be a real life version of Imitations of Life.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:18 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,600,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
This is an example of a delusional black person. You can sit there and believe what white people say about you doesn't matter. They still are the majority, and how they see you matters a lot. I expect white people to live in fantasy world, but not blacks folks. That is just stupid what you said and naive.
*SIGHS* Apparently you took my post the wrong way, there was nothing naive about it. If I sat around worrying about all the things some stranger said about me who cannot help me in life, I would get nothing done. I could care less how white people who are not putting money in my pocket view me, and black people as well for that matter. The OP is proof of people who let little petty stuff get to them without a useful solution, him posting a long rant in this forum. I know many whites do not have a favorable view of us. Too many blacks worry about what ALL white people think of us. Even if it is a broke white man with no money and influence on society.

Last edited by Beliciano; 04-28-2012 at 12:34 AM..

Old 04-28-2012, 01:41 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,991,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Again for the Upteenth time. Black Americans in this country are not pure at all. lol
For the ten thousandth time, I will post the same link again:

Quote:
Another way to approach the question is to group together all the whites and blacks in America and calculate their mean degree of admixture. Shriver's data shows that on average, they would be about 12 or 13 percent African.
Quote:
According to Shriver, only about 10 percent of African-Americans are over 50 percent white.
Race Now: #2: How White Are Blacks? How Black Are Whites? by Steve Sailer for UPI; Mark. D. Shriver, admixture, genetic, gene, race, miscegenation, African-American, passing, Sally Hemmings

Basically what I'm saying is that identity is three parts: genetics, cultural, and how people perceive you.

I am over 50% European, meaning only ten percent or less of black people share my DNA (when you subtract the biracials who, like Obama and you are suggesting, identify only as black, those numbers will go down even further)

So I am ethno-genetically different from 90% of blacks.

Culturally, again, I am not all black: how many blacks spent time with their FROM THE OLD COUNTRY Italian grandparents? How many had the Sicilian seven fishes at Christmas time? I grew up around blacks mostly later in life, but some of my earliest memories were of my Italian kin.

And how do people perceive me? Again, I don't look black. I look like a brown Dominican or maybe Indian or Bengali or dark Arabian. I have black people asking me if I speak English all the time...how many times does that happen to the average black? And also, for the tenth time, blacks and whites both treat me differently than the would a full member of either of their races.

I am not white, never claimed that, but neither I, nor any mixed person, is black either. Fortunately, your views are becoming obsolete as more of us mixed race people are born every year. Soon, we'll be considered by all what we always were: a distinct group with a distinct experience, just like the Coloureds of South Africa, the Pardos of Brazil and the Mulattoes of Africa and the Caribbean.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/us...pagewanted=all

In the end, I am not black and not white: I'm mixed and I'm proud. Just like white America had to deal with black pride, blacks are going to have to learn to accept mixed pride, whether they like it or not.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
The OP is proof of people who let little petty stuff get to them without a useful solution, him posting a long rant in this forum.
So, someone posts about blacks treating him poorly because of his race, and it's "little stuff"...someone posts about whites treating him poorly because of his race, and that's "racism"

What if the tables were turned and I said I didn't want anything to do with white people and rejected my white blood, would you say the same thing? I NEVER said I reject being HALF black, only that I am only HALF BLACK, and hence I am not really black by any rational measure and neither are the other mixed people in America and the world.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:48 AM

Quote:

By "they all" I mean all the ghetto people I lived around...and when people talk about modern black culture that is EXACTLY what they are talking about, being ghetto. If you're not ghetto and speak proper English, eat healthy etc you are no longer "authentically black." Read some Thomas Sowell, he says the same thing...

...but I guess this fellow here is another "self hating black man" huh?

He Talk Like a White Boy: Joseph C. Phillips: Amazon.com: Books

Old 04-28-2012, 09:02 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,439,652 times
Quote:
By "they all" I mean all the ghetto people I lived around...and when people talk about modern black culture that is EXACTLY what they are talking about, being ghetto. If you're not ghetto and speak proper English, eat healthy etc you are no longer "authentically black." Read some Thomas Sowell, he says the same thing...

...but I guess this fellow here is another "self hating black man" huh?

He Talk Like a White Boy: Joseph C. Phillips: Amazon.com: Books
Listen, there is no defense to self hate. Don't expect support and when you don't get that support, try to defend it.

Let's be honest here. I live around a lot of Asian people. They came from Asian as international students to go to Duke and UNC for medical school. Some of them ended up bringing their grandparents and parents. When Japanese girls show any attract to white or black men, they are looked at as betraying their culture. They are falling into the Americans trap and not honoring there country according to other Asians.

Most of them I've meet have told me they were required to go to medical school after college. If they didn't continue medical school when attending Duke or UNC that are talked about by the other Asian students for going into IT or education.

My point is don't try to play this victim! Cultures judge each other all the time. Asian, Hispanic, Indian, fat, ugly, pretty, gay people are judged. I have a new flash for you. As long as you live you will always have someone that doesn't accept you. Talk to the innocent kids that are getting bullied because they are gay and committing suicide because they are "different" and can't help who they are. You should NEVER be a role model to any kid because what would you teach them? Should a gay person hate straight people now because of a few straight people. Your reasoning is not justified no matter how you twist it.

As far as being ghetto, your post is the most ghetto garabagei I've read. Keep your self hate away from children.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:24 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,567,099 times
Quote:
For the ten thousandth time, I will post the same link again:

Race Now: #2: How White Are Blacks? How Black Are Whites? by Steve Sailer for UPI; Mark. D. Shriver, admixture, genetic, gene, race, miscegenation, African-American, passing, Sally Hemmings

Basically what I'm saying is that identity is three parts: genetics, cultural, and how people perceive you.

I am over 50% European, meaning only ten percent or less of black people share my DNA (when you subtract the biracials who, like Obama and you are suggesting, identify only as black, those numbers will go down even further)

So I am ethno-genetically different from 90% of blacks.

Culturally, again, I am not all black: how many blacks spent time with their FROM THE OLD COUNTRY Italian grandparents? How many had the Sicilian seven fishes at Christmas time? I grew up around blacks mostly later in life, but some of my earliest memories were of my Italian kin.

And how do people perceive me? Again, I don't look black. I look like a brown Dominican or maybe Indian or Bengali or dark Arabian. I have black people asking me if I speak English all the time...how many times does that happen to the average black? And also, for the tenth time, blacks and whites both treat me differently than the would a full member of either of their races.

I am not white, never claimed that, but neither I, nor any mixed person, is black either. Fortunately, your views are becoming obsolete as more of us mixed race people are born every year. Soon, we'll be considered by all what we always were: a distinct group with a distinct experience, just like the Coloureds of South Africa, the Pardos of Brazil and the Mulattoes of Africa and the Caribbean.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/us...pagewanted=all

In the end, I am not black and not white: I'm mixed and I'm proud. Just like white America had to deal with black pride, blacks are going to have to learn to accept mixed pride, whether they like it or not.

Honestly, I think that your anger stems from not being around a diverse group of Black Americans because there is nothing "unusal" or "exotic" about your racial background to me. Granted, I was born and raised in Los Angeles amongst in a community of middle/upper class Black Creoles and Blacks.

So forgive me if I'm wrong but the picture that I'm getting is that your intellectual Black American father married your Italian (or Italian American) mother and raised you in a lower/working class Black neighborhood (ie the ghetto).

But you are an adult now. You have the power to live wherever you so desire so I am not understanding the anti-Black women rants. You control whether or not you want to live in an area that has "ghetto" Black people, "barrio" Latinos or "trailer park" White people...or if you want to live in a more upscale area. No one is stopping you. Move to an area where you don't have to encounter those whom you dislike. Its easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.