Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 05:27 AM

674 posts, read 698,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Only in America would yellow+blue=different color of blue

Anywhere else on Earth its yellow (white) + blue (black) =
'insert local word for mixed here" (green)
But in America, it's yellow and blue make a different color of blue.

Good news is, things are changing and soon, the whites AND the blacks will have to accept us. Most of the younger mixed kids coming up know they aren't black and will never be fully accepted by black society, anymore than they'll be fully accepted by white society. So, the simple solution is to create an identity of our own, whether the blacks like it or not.
Several of the posters you are arguing with have admitted they are less than half black in this or other threads. Their identification as black prevents them from admitting that you have made an honest, logical decision. They see the truth in the mirror every day. Hearing from you will not reverse years of lying to themselves.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:53 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Telling a mixed person like me to go to Brazil or something is like telling black people to "go back to Africa"

We should be accepted HERE in our OWN COUNTRY as neither white NOR BLACK.

Good news is, things are changing and soon, the whites AND the blacks will have to accept us. Most of the younger mixed kids coming up know they aren't black and will never be fully accepted by black society, anymore than they'll be fully accepted by white society. So, the simple solution is to create an identity of our own, whether the blacks like it or not.
I said that since you hate it here so much, you might enjoy being somewhere. Btw....in South Africa I'd be coloured too. So would lots of so-called "full blacks" in the Diaspora.

Big deal.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Several of the posters you are arguing with have admitted they are less than half black in this or other threads. Their identification as black prevents them from admitting that you have made an honest, logical decision. They see the truth in the mirror every day. Hearing from you will not reverse years of lying to themselves.
Dahomey,

I have already told him the African Americans are a mixed race. Most of the black people in this country have clear admixture when you actually place them next to a pure African and compare.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:45 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
I don't think that the ignorance of African heritage/history is the issue as much as the fact he comes on a forum and denigrates a whole group of people based upon the actions of a few. This is something that whites have been doing for decades and then have one of your own (even at 50%) do it is ....well aggravating as hell.

Personally, I can care less how someone feels about themselves but to continue something that our oppressors once did (and still do in some cases) is another issue altogether.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:43 PM

835 posts, read 1,041,116 times
Quote:

Press release: Outright discrimination against Coloured community nothing new

Even though they are in another country...there are a people who are neither black, nor white, and are discriminated against by both, and hence I feel a connection to them. Just as all people of black African descent felt about apartheid, I feel about what the coloureds face in SA today...but I have yet to hear ONE SINGLE SOLITARY full black Afro-Aryan so much as sigh and say "yeah, it is wrong what the blacks are doing to them." But I forgot, all blacks love us mixed race people
Why do they have to say anything? Do you expect a full bread white to say "Yeah, it's wrong what the KKK is doing?

I wouldn't expect someone white or black to say something. You shouldn't have to denounce something someone does just because they are in your race.

You can't say sorry or really talk on something you have nothing to do with. I don't know why you keep clumping all blacks in one group like they all stick together.

"But I forgot, all blacks love us mixed race people"

Nobody ever said that. But, not all blacks hate mixed people like you are trying to pass on.

You keep associating hate for mixed people with the AA population. You act like it runs only in the AA population. You claim you understand that other races do it too but you seem to want the blacks to look extra guilty. You want to point them out the most.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 PM

674 posts, read 698,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Dahomey,

I have already told him the African Americans are a mixed race. Most of the black people in this country have clear admixture when you actually place them next to a pure African and compare.
Sure most black Americans are actually mixed though most of them have more West African blood than the OP.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Sure most black Americans are actually mixed though most of them have more West African blood than the OP.
I am not going to completely discount the OP's experience because I do not know what his life experiences have been. But I will say that his experience as a biracial person is not the same as every other biracial person's experience.

The main problem that I have with his position is that he wants to be viewed as an individual, based upon his own merits and not be viewed as a stereotype. Understandable. However, he turns around and bashes Black Americans (and Black American women specifically) in the process. Not understandable.

I grew up on the West Coast in a community that is predominantly middle/upper middle class Black and Black Creole. Having light skin or being bi/multiracial was not an anomaly or unusual so I can't relate to the OP's feelings of being ostracized. But I think that he does himself a great disservice to "demonize" either side of his ancestry. He should instead simply exert more of an effort in finding a circle of friends who have had a more diverse, broader "Black" experience in America.

Also, I must add that he is not the first person to believe that he can wish away all of his problems by attempting to distance himself from who/what he is...but those people usually end up quite "lost."

Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Telling a mixed person like me to go to Brazil or something is like telling black people to "go back to Africa"

We should be accepted HERE in our OWN COUNTRY as neither white NOR BLACK.

You have been created by God in his image. You are one of a kind and very rare. No one is like you. No one. You were known in the womb and so intricately made. Know this and it will go well with you.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:57 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Dahomey,

Again, that is NOT TRUE:

"Earlier, cruder studies, done before direct genetic testing was feasible, suggested that African-Americans were 25 or even 30 percent white. Shriver's project is not complete, but with data from 25 sites already in, he is coming up with 17-18 percent white ancestry among African-Americans. That's the equivalent of 106 of those 128 of your ancestors from seven generations ago having been Africans and 22 Europeans."

"According to Shriver, only about 10 percent of African-Americans are over 50 percent white."

Race Now: #2: How White Are Blacks? How Black Are Whites? by Steve Sailer for UPI; Mark. D. Shriver, admixture, genetic, gene, race, miscegenation, African-American, passing, Sally Hemmings

In other words, only about ten percent of "blacks" are as mixed as I am, and fewer still have experience with living non-black relatives.

Plus, a lot of the difference in appearance stems from mixture of different groups in Africa, not just Europeans.

What I am getting at which seems to be hard to understand is this: mixed race people in America, like EVERYWHERE ELSE, have more in common with each other than with either other group. To say that the biracial experience is the same as the black experience is absurd: I have YET to meet a dark skinned black who was called "wet back" by another dark skinned black because he was mistaken for Latino.

Genetically, culturally, etc, mixed people have more in common with each other than with either blacks or whites, and our experience is not the same as the black American experience. Every other place on Earth understand this but in America, as usual, things as backwards.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:01 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I don't think that the ignorance of African heritage/history is the issue as much as the fact he comes on a forum and denigrates a whole group of people based upon the actions of a few. This is something that whites have been doing for decades and then have one of your own (even at 50%) do it is ....well aggravating as hell.
I never said all blacks were like this, I only said that blacks discriminate against mixed race people too and everyone seems to think that back in "the hood" they're all sitting with their mixed "brothers" and "sisters" singing the rap remix of Kumbaya. I have had whites and blacks hate me because of the way I was born, and I have had whites and black accept me...how hard is that to understand?

Quote:
Personally, I can care less how someone feels about themselves but to continue something that our oppressors once did (and still do in some cases) is another issue altogether.
Unless the oppressor is black, than it's okay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies