Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 12:52 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
This is a Stand Your Ground law against cops. Trust me if the cops bust into your house, you take a few of them out and survive, your going to be arrested and charged. This just provides another roadblock the DA must overcome to prove their charges against you have merit.

Hopefully this will give pause to aggresive agencies to ensure they have their **** together before serving a no knock warrant.
lol at the idea that you are going to survive after taking out a few cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 01:04 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
If you had read the article you would realize this in response to the Indiana Supreme Court stating that people don't have the right to refuse entry to cops who they believe are in their home illegally.
Unreasonable search and seizure. No knock warrants are unconstitutional and anyone forcing entry into a private residence should expect to be shot. Anyone, including violent criminals can yell "Police" and break down your door.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:05 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
lol at the idea that you are going to survive after taking out a few cops.
True, but maybe your wife and children will survive which might not be the case if they were criminals impersonating police..

Old 04-13-2012, 01:17 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Anyone, including violent criminals can yell "Police" and break down your door.
That's a very good point.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:39 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,045,246 times
Quote:
Indiana Governor Signs Bill Allowing Citizens To Use Deadly Force Against Police Officers Into Law | Addicting Info

GOOD!! Way to many dirty cops get away with crap because they think they can do what they want behind that badge. I am so happy this was made law.
This isn't going to end well... Bad law... Court is the proper venue for dealing with cops you think misbehaved... Although, I bet Indiana swat teams are going to be getting a big budget bump... I actually liked Mitch Daniels for a while there, but this is just stupid.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:21 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
The governor risks losing the LE vote. Is illegal entry by police so much of a problem in Indiana that it warrants a law that could get them blown away? There already is a law against illegal entry or else it wouldn't be considered illegal. So, why this law?
I can remember three incidents in this area recently alone of LEO just busting down someone's door and walking in w/o warrents. They claimed probable cause.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:07 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,045,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I can remember three incidents in this area recently alone of LEO just busting down someone's door and walking in w/o warrents. They claimed probable cause.
Well, police do not always need a warrant to enter your house.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:12 PM

136 posts, read 85,630 times
So they will get shot in Indiana for doing so. It is MY house not theirs. I could care less what their law states. If I didn't invite you in my home don't even think about coming in. Thats trespassing at the very least.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:41 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Whooee! How retarded is this? Make a law that says it's alright to shoot a cop because you got a problem with cops entering private homes with less than legitimate reasons.

TSA goons can stop you, search you, butt-f**k you but hey let's make a law that says it's ok to shoot cops who bust down your door. Give up your liberties on the one hand but shoot a cop because we know some of them misbehave but do nothing about it.

Wouldn't the logical approach be to firstly attempt to stem the tide of illegal behaviour by cops?

Old 04-14-2012, 07:15 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Indiana Governor Signs Bill Allowing Citizens To Use Deadly Force Against Police Officers Into Law | Addicting Info

GOOD!! Way to many dirty cops get away with crap because they think they can do what they want behind that badge. I am so happy this was made law.
I completely agree with this law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Is this a rhetorical question? How is it possible that you have missed hundreds of stories from the last decade alone about incompetent cops busting the wrong door down and shooting all of the people and dogs they find inside. What about early morning "no knock" raids with cops dressed in black wearing masks breaking into the house with sleeping people inside that can't tell whether they are being arrested or kidnapped. Once again, the cops make sure that they shoot any living thing that dares move once inside.
And THAT is exactly why!

No, I don't do anything that would warrant them breaking down my door but they HAVE gotten the wrong information or address before. If someone busts in to my house, I don't want to be tossed in the slammer with the key thrown away because I thought I was being robbed or worse and didn't realize it was cops. Sorry, but if someone busts in to my house, I'm not going to sit around asking questions, I'm going to fricken protect myself because I will think, without a doubt, that I'm about to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies