Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 02:07 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
This isn't going to end well... Bad law... Court is the proper venue for dealing with cops you think misbehaved...
Dead men don't make very good witnesses. How does someone "deal with" a bad cop in court if the cop killed them while entering their home illegally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,739,291 times
Quote:
They were? I would be interested in reading about indiana's problem with cops searching houses without warrants or in situations in which a warrant is not required.
I've been here 5 years, and I've not gotten the impression it's a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Doesn't sound like a good law to me.

"The new law allows citizens to use deadly force against police officers they think are illegally entering their homes."

I see a lot of dead cops and a lot of "I thought" defenses.
Not a hotbed for rational thought in many parts of this state. Lots of hot tempers, lots of guns, lots of minimally educated dolts.

The cops here know this all too well, which is why so many of them are understandably worried.

All it takes is a neighbor calling about a domestic disturbance, police arriving at the scene and, upon hearing sounds of someone being violently assaulted, have reasonable cause to enter...at which point the abusive party (unaware the police were summoned) fires a few rounds. Brilliant.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:58 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,634,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Is this a rhetorical question? How is it possible that you have missed hundreds of stories from the last decade alone about incompetent cops busting the wrong door down and shooting all of the people and dogs they find inside. What about early morning "no knock" raids with cops dressed in black wearing masks breaking into the house with sleeping people inside that can't tell whether they are being arrested or kidnapped. Once again, the cops make sure that they shoot any living thing that dares move once inside.
And most of these no knock raids by men dressed in all black like a criminal are drug related. Imagine if America had the sense to see that the war on drugs has been a complete failure and has actually CAUSED far more violence and death than it prevented.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:21 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
The governor risks losing the LE vote. Is illegal entry by police so much of a problem in Indiana that it warrants a law that could get them blown away? There already is a law against illegal entry or else it wouldn't be considered illegal. So, why this law?

all this bill does is force the cops to knock on the door which they should be doing in the 1st place to serve a warrant.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:02 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
all this bill does is force the cops to knock on the door which they should be doing in the 1st place to serve a warrant.
I like the part on the cop shows where they first knock and say "Police, Search warrant" and then proceed to bash the door down 2 seconds later.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I like the part on the cop shows where they first knock and say "Police, Search warrant" and then proceed to bash the door down 2 seconds later.

fair notice at least. they would need something to pull the door out of my frame, because a police ram wont do it.
special made, 800 pound front and back security doors with the hinges built into the door.

I had to have a small crane come in to get them into place when they were installed.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:38 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,045,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Dead men don't make very good witnesses. How does someone "deal with" a bad cop in court if the cop killed them while entering their home illegally?
How many people in Indiana have been killed by a cop who entered their home illegally?

Old 04-15-2012, 12:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
How many people in Indiana have been killed by a cop who entered their home illegally?
Why don't you do your own research?

Old 04-16-2012, 01:06 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
One is too many.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,921,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

Even better is when the cops beat an unconcious person while yelling "Quit resisting".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies