Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 11:33 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Why would he even want to keep his Harvard Law transcripts from being released? He graduated Magna C.u.m. Laude, which is basically top 5-10% of the class, and was President of the Law Review.
Perhaps he doesn't want written records to come out, showing that he attended Harvard (or his previous college, Occidental) on a foreign-student scholarship?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:37 AM

26,586 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
.... showing that he attended Harvard (or his previous college, Occidental) on a foreign-student scholarship?
as has been pointed out before, obama would not have been eligible for federal student loans ( that we have seen he has paid from his tax returns ) if he was enrolled as a foreign student.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:45 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
He wouldn't have completed law school in 3 years if he kept dropping classes. Also, no one who graduates Magna C.um Laude and becomes President of the Law Review at Harvard Law is going to have a ton of incompletes. That's reserved for students that can't do the work, are on the verge of failing, and have no other option than dropping the class.

So no, that's not it.
You are making an assumption for which you have no facts ( i.e. Transcript).

Old 04-13-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Dude, hate to break it to you, that video wasn't yesterday.
anybody have any idea when this clip took place?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
we know that he graduated magnum c.m laude and that he was the president of the harvard law revue.

do you think it's probable that a person could attain those titles with multiple incompletes ?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:55 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
We know he graduated within three years.

We know he graduated Magna c um Laude.

What facts do you think are missing?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:59 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
we know that he graduated magnum c.m laude and that he was the president of the harvard law revue.

do you think it's probable that a person could attain those titles with multiple incompletes ?
I have no proof that he didn't anymore than you have that he did. It may not be probable but it is definitely not out of the question. What if the incomplete(s) were in subject(s) that would cast a bad light on his abilities as President? In that view, it could be only one key incomplete.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I have no proof that he didn't anymore than you have that he did.
the fact that he graduated in under 3 years.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
I have no proof that he didn't anymore than you have that he did. It may not be probable but it is definitely not out of the question. What if the incomplete(s) were in subject(s) that would cast a bad light on his abilities as President? In that view, it could be only one key incomplete.
When you go to college, or to law school, in order to graduate you have to complete a certain number of credits. When you have an incomplete in a course, you don't get credit for taking the course. In a degree-program that takes three years, you would be hard-pressed to take more than one or two incompletes, and still meet the credits requirement to graduate. In essence, you would have to add additional semesters in order to meet the credits requirement.

I don't know what subject in law school that you think would cast a bad light on Presidential abilities. One course juxtaposed against the many he completed very successfully? Because you do know that Magna c-um Laude means he was very successful academically. High honors. You know that, right?

Old 04-13-2012, 12:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I have to defend Fox News on this one. Fox News did not report this. A shock jock on a conservative talk show aired by Fox News made this unsupported allegation. There has been no evidence brought forward to defend this allegation. And Fox News Network explicitly states it's not responsible for the opinions and statements made by commentators on these talk shows, which are not news, but entertainment. The Fox News program is separate from the entertainment talk shows, like The Five or O'Reilly Report or the Mike Huckabee show.
Agreed. That's why I absolutely NEVER put any cred. in youtube videos. That one made it look like FOX reported that Obama spent 200K to keep his records sealed. When I got on FOX' website, it wasn't there. Then I read more carefully, FOX reporter. I hope she gets fired. For what? For implying FOX was reporting this. She should have said she was speaking for herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies