Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 05:41 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I have no problem with this since the alternative was getting physical with her. Sounds like she was having a out of control fit.
The alternative was "getting physical"?

What are handcuffs, spiritual?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 05:48 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The alternative was "getting physical"?

What are handcuffs, spiritual?
I mean physically restraining with your body, or several bodies. And then staying that way until someone came for her. If she was really out of control then a cage might have been better, or locking her in a closet, but people tend to frown on that too. She wasn't hurt and that's all that matters.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:37 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
It doesn't seem like the school had much choice but to call the cops. In this day and age, teachers and schools can-and have- been sued for restraining violent students. Many teachers won't even go so far as to attempt to medicate a sick child lest they get slapped w/ a lawsuit. Why would any teacher risk their career to restrain this violent child when they can instead call the police and have them do so? This is the result of years of wanton and ridiculous lawsuits that have sunk the careers of professionals and put school districts in a bind.

That girl was acting in a violent manner, not just throwing a simple, harmless tantrum. If the teachers aren't trained to properly restrain a child and if parents haven't signed papers allowing their child to be restrained in cases like this, obviously the police must get involved. Sad handcuffs had to be used, but hopefully this girl will remember this event and reign in her tempers and hopefully her parents seek professional help for her.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
They never thought of wrapping the child in a blanket until she calmed down?
She tried to bite the knob off the damned office door.
That's an animal, right there. Sorry, but there you have it.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Let's see, how many adults were there?

Remove her from the class room, take her somewhere else, hold her damn arms and legs till she calms the hell down. There was no need to hand cuff her, put her in a police car and haul her off to jail, that is ridiculous.
When she resists against that, the bruises and/or other injuries she'd end up with would be far worse than
simply protecting her from herself (and others), as the police did.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:51 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
All kindergarten students should be handcuffed for a few hours at least once before they start first grade. That way they can learn, at an early age, to obey authority, conform, and be good patriotic Americans.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
All kindergarten students should be handcuffed for a few hours at least once before they start first grade. That way they can learn, at an early age, to obey authority, conform, and be good patriotic Americans.
When little Salicia or whatever her name is throws a desk at your kid
and your kid has broken bones or a broken face, you might wake up.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:14 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
When little Salicia or whatever her name is throws a desk at your kid
and your kid has broken bones or a broken face, you might wake up.
God Ble$$ America!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:21 AM

1,482 posts, read 1,379,197 times
If she acts like this at school, I shudder to imagine how she acts at home. I know that I would rather be in jail than answer to mom and dad. In fact my mom would have come to school long before the police were called and adjusted my attitude

Old 04-18-2012, 06:30 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I hope it's my upstairs neighbor's kid who throws a tantrum at least one or two times a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies