Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 10:56 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,770,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The president of Mexico implied colonization beyond its borders.
They do nothing to stop illegal immigration.
They sue the U.S for enforcing its laws.
But except for a few radicals and racists I assume most Mexicans go to the US for other reasons, the same reasons people have migrated all over the planet for thousands of years.
Having borders and telling people they may not migrate here and there is a relatively recent thing.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:10 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,388,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Simple, I did not live centuries ago, so I can't be sure. But I think it is fair to assume that West Texas was much more Hispanic than East Texas, just like today.
It would take a complex analysis to prove to you that it has more to do with water and when water scarce areas in the west were developed, coinciding with the general stance on immigration. In other words water abundant areas like Huston were already populated. In West Texas it was sparsely populated. Now that we are in the post bureau of reclamation era, its able to absorb the growing population which happens to be Hispanic. That's going to be beyond you or any of the back of the cereal box historians around here who would not know a yap eater from John Wesley Powell.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Exactly! The notion of "Hispanic" as a distinct race is utter nonsense. As stated, ANY race can be Hispanic. Moreover, the Hispanic designation itself makes no sense, because it groups people of varying cultures into one racial category, solely on the basis of a shared language. If a large group of English-speaking Americans from all races moved to France, it would be absurd to classify them as a minority race simply because they speak English. When did language become the determinant of DNA and racial identity?

As I previously stated, at least 60% of Hispanics self-identified as "white" on the latest census. So, how on earth are they a "minority" simply because they hail from a Spanish-speaking country, or are of Spanish descent? I don't care what language is spoken, if you're white, you're white. We don't classify Caucasians from other non-English-speaking countries as minorities. But, for some strange reason, if the native language is Spanish, despite being white, they are classified as a minority in this country.

A distinction must be made between LEGAL Hispanic immigrants and Hispanic illegal aliens. The constant, deliberate conflation does a grave disservice to the millions of law-abiding Hispanic immigrants who have not only assimilated, but are American in every respect. I know lots of Hispanic immigrants, and they are all disgusted by this. It's akin to placing a shoplifter in the same category as a paying customer. Only a fool would not distinguish between the two. But, the disingenuous and agenda-driven must continue to group all as simply immigrants, whether here legally or illegally. And, they are all "brown" disenfranchised Hispanics, whether white, black, yellow, or polka dot. Without their manufactured racial component, illegal alien profiteers wouldn't be able to demonize opponents of illegal immigration by labeling all as racists, bigots and xenophobes. Sadly, many have fallen for this ploy hook, line and sinker.

Hispanic is almost as good as Jewish. If you are Jewish, you can play it as a persecuted race, religion or culture as needed with an automatic homeland during an extradition crisis.

So not to be out done for identity politics, "Hispanics" can use race, culture and what do you know, land rights from a tethered heritage. Of course that means Mexican since Indians were just wondering around.

Odd to then the Spanish named Indians they found in the South West , called just nomads in this forum, pueblo (meaning town) Indians.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 AM

One way to know a little more about Mexican-American relations is Zimmerman, but only if you can crack the code.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:01 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,126,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are sorely misinformed. ALL Hispanics are not Democrat. Nor do they all share your Reconquista dream.
Very True. There are plenty of people with some hispanic heritage that aren't Democrat or have any desire to have Mexico or any other foreign country have any thing to do with the USA. That could describe myself and many of my co-workers that have some or a lot of hispanic heritage but have no ties or allegiance to any other country outside of the USA. Actually, if you did claim allegiance to another country I wonder if you could be forced relinquish your citizenship

Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,851,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its anglo territory now.
Are you implying they are trying to take it back?
Spoken like someone whom has never experienced the Southwest...

[PACE]"New York City?!"[/PACE]

Old 04-18-2012, 01:20 PM

445 posts, read 865,425 times
Mexicans, Spaniards, Indians, Jews, Brits/Germans etc.,Aren't you all Caucasian? Some of you are darker or lighter than others and speak different languages but ... Is this some kind of" white status" ranking system? Can't you all just get along?

Old 04-18-2012, 01:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,329,827 times
Quote:
Not deliberately or in an organized way, but automatically, just by living and multiplying there.
Yeah, the coward's way. Violating our borders and breeding like rabbits while we have to foot the bill for our own genocide.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
But except for a few radicals and racists I assume most Mexicans go to the US for other reasons, the same reasons people have migrated all over the planet for thousands of years.
Having borders and telling people they may not migrate here and there is a relatively recent thing.
Are you kidding me? Immigration laws have been around for eons and not just in the U.S. either.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
One way to know a little more about Mexican-American relations is Zimmerman, but only if you can crack the code.
Zimmerman's mother was from Peru, not Mexico and his father was Jewish so I don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies