Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 09:42 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I think that deep down, the men who are against gay women doing their thing are that way not because of some profound moral issue but because they feel ultimately rejected. That the idea that this even happens feels threatening and insulting to them. That the one thing that they think makes them superior is completely irrelevant to a lot of people.

Just something I have thought...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 09:53 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
This.

I'm not sure why this thread was even started. I suspect the OP didn't get quite the responses she was hoping for.
And what responses do you think I was hoping for?

I was hoping for a post from you that was on topic, but we all know how unrealistic that is considering you spend most of your post time (on my threads, or on threads that I post in) degrading my education and lack of experience and then, when all else fails, say that I'm just looking for atention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Bank of America and Citi, for starters.
Oh what a shame that my chances of working there are out the window.(:rolleye s:)

Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I may not agree with everything Million Moms does, but hats off to them for keeping us informed.
If this is a subject of such great interest to you, I feel it's only fair to let you know that I have it on good authority that there are entire magazines devoted to it.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:48 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If this is a subject of such great interest to you, I feel it's only fair to let you know that I have it on good authority that there are entire magazines devoted to it.
LOL

Old 04-20-2012, 01:47 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
I will join the conscious of all heterosexual men everywhere, be they conservative, liberal, libertarian or anything else and say what we all feel, but hardcore conservatives will NEVER admit: This is HOT

That is the catch 22 for male right wingers: if you aren't disgusted by two hot girls kissing, you're a hypocrite...if you are, then YOU ARE GAY.

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 06:46 PM..

Old 04-20-2012, 02:03 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Was there a big deal that I missed? That kiss looked more friendly than sexual anyway.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:04 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
You have something against kissing a dog on the mouth? You don't let it lick your face?
Of course he licks my face, although my dog actually prefers the ears... I just meant that we don't french kiss, LOL.

Weird thing to pull from my post, though.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:09 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Well, no, there's plenty in the picture to suggest they're lesbians...
A woman kissing another woman doesn't mean she's a lesbian, especially when we're talking about paid models.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 AM

475 posts, read 508,244 times
Only in this country a kiss between two girls can become news. Even third world countries are so advanced on this subject but yeah, in the "first world country" people find it outrageous...

Old 04-20-2012, 04:36 AM

269 posts, read 255,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sometimes I think that deep down, the men who are against gay women doing their thing are that way not because of some profound moral issue but because they feel ultimately rejected. That the idea that this even happens feels threatening and insulting to them. That the one thing that they think makes them superior is completely irrelevant to a lot of people.

Just something I have thought...
Of course that's true. But the main reason isn't even that they feel rejected, more than it's that they feel that the male gender has been rejected. And that "maleness" has been rejected. And in the patriarchal society we live in, straight men are basically taught to view themselves as superior. Women who have the confidence and security to be themselves and not worry about what a man thinks of them, that is basically seen as defiance. That woman is being defiant, she's stepping out of line. And she needs to be punished. It's why you see so many cases of lesbians being raped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies