Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 09:06 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one will ever truly know what happened in those moments since one of the 2 is dead. Did Trayvon feel his life was threatened by Zimmerman and therefore did what he had to do to defend himself. We will never know that will we.
Honestly, you're right and we don't know. And the situation changed very quickly. But if your scenario is correct and Trayvon felt that his life was in danger...why didn't he simply go inside his house? Again...he was within about 200 feet of his house when Zimmerman looses sight of him. And Zimmerman remains on the phone for another ~ 1 1/2 minutes. 1 1/2 minutes (actually quite a bit more before they come in contact), a 17 year old athlete (former football player) and 200 feet.... It doesn't add up to me that he was in fear for his life.

My theory is that he was annoyed that someone was following him. I don't really blame him. I suspect that he approached Zimmerman and confronted him verbally. The timeline and locations as identified by witnesses and evidence support that, but there are other possibilities as well. I make no guess as to who threw the first punch. It is possible that Martin saw the gun, lunged and fought for it. But if he were desperately fighting for a gun, why did he take his hand(s) off it and start beating Z in the face (per the broken nose)? If Zimmerman really just went out to kill a black man, why did he let himself get hit before shooting? Given that he had a gun, it would be REALLY dangereous to let M get within arms length. Or did they really have a fight that lasted for some minute or two (per the 911 calls and witness reports), during which time Zimmerman was able to draw his concealled handgun and fire? IF there were powder burns, indicating that the shot came from very close range, this is at least possible.

If there is evidence that the shot was fired from a distance as some report...self defense is a much tougher claim. It's pretty clear that neither were saints and both had a checkered past. Zimmerman obviously no mental giant. Every concealed carry class teaches the same thing-don't make any kind of statement to the police without your attorney present.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You people make me laugh, you paint Trayvon as a saint, he was a little trouble maker who met his match.Typical, keep denying!

So you are saying the only one with rights is the person with a gun?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL this is just becoming pathetic, so in order for someone to defend themselves they have to be able to gauge whether a wound is fatal enough and not start the fight? However starting the fight does not mean who hits who first but who sets the events in motion. I'm so glad folks like you don't write the law.
You too are saying the only one with rights is the person with a gun?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:10 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL, hilarious. The Pro-Trayvon folks are spinning, spinning away.
You don't really understand what spin means, do you? Again, don't quit your day job to try a career in the law.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:10 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,570,183 times
Just reported -

Autopsy results reportedly indicate that 17-year-old Trayvon Martin had injuries to his knuckles when he died, which could support George Zimmerman’s claim that the unarmed teenager assaulted him before he was fatally shot.

Another reason to WAIT UNTIL THE FACTS ARE IN until we condemn someone....

Old 05-16-2012, 09:11 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Let me ask you something. If you happened to be carrying a firearm...just how much would you let someone beat you before defending yourself? Would you have been as tolerant as Zimmerman? Letting someone pound you in the face, breaking your nose. Blackening both eyes. Pounding your head into the concrete, gashing your head. Would you be thinking, "it's ok, he's not REALLY hurting me...I'll just wait till he cracks my skull open"? Or would you do SOMETHING to stop the violent attack while you still could? How about if it was a loved one, a spouse or child? Would you let a criminal split their skull before you shot?
Evidently according to the Calipoppy crowd since Zimmerman "started the fight" he now must resign himself to death. Since he is now not allowed to stop Trayvon from beating him.

This highlights the negative thought processes that pervade in the African American community. Everything is someone else's fault, never take responsibility.

In order to reach Calipoppy's absurd conclusion you would have to accept that Trayvon was justified in attacking Zimmerman. Evidently observing someone from a distance is now cause enough to beat them.

If Trayvon simply kept his hands to himself, he would be alive. It is that fact that will prevent the prosecution from making any substantive case against him.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You don't really understand what spin means, do you? Again, don't quit your day job to try a career in the law.
Not trying to be a lawyer but I think I'm doing a pretty good job nonetheless. My analysis has consistently been shown to be correct. Where yours, well has not. You're on the losing side, a biased side. I'm on the side of the truth. Join us it's okay.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 PM

812 posts, read 595,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
George Zimmerman started the fight knowing that he could also mortally end that fight when he started to lose. This the sign of a true coward. He should have let the real law enforcement handle the situation if he was suspicious instead of being judge, jury and executioner to an innocent child who was minding his own business.

Again, had GZ done this to a White child the sentiments would be quite different.
In most of your comments you demonstrate the racist proposition rush to judgement of things you presuppose as facts that have never been demonstrated outside the realm of imagination

So let me understand? If I get behind you in the mall on a given day and we happen to be on the same path of visiting the same stores by coincidence and by coincidence we leave at the same time and by coincidence we are parked side by side and return to our cars at the same time I had best expect you to turn around jump be to the ground and begin pounding me? That evidently is what I should now expect or always should have expected of a white hating pinko phobic. Is this correct?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Honestly, you're right and we don't know. And the situation changed very quickly. But if your scenario is correct and Trayvon felt that his life was in danger...why didn't he simply go inside his house? Again...he was within about 200 feet of his house when Zimmerman looses sight of him. And Zimmerman remains on the phone for another ~ 1 1/2 minutes. 1 1/2 minutes (actually quite a bit more before they come in contact), a 17 year old athlete (former football player) and 200 feet.... It doesn't add up to me that he was in fear for his life..
Perhaps Trayvon was heading for his house and Zimmerman assumed Trayvon was going to break into it. The fact that Trayvon was near his home would further make it a right for Trayvon to stand his ground. Unless you think the only person with rights is the one with a gun.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:21 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Perhaps Trayvon was heading for his house and Zimmerman assumed Trayvon was going to break into it. The fact that Trayvon was near his home would further make it a right for Trayvon to stand his ground. Unless you think the only person with rights is the one with a gun.
Good God ya all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies