Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 08:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
You must work for NBC, you omitted the latter:

Dispatcher: We don't need you to do that.
GZ: OKAY
No, but my brother-in-law used to work for them!

I was responding to a poster who stated Zimmerman was NOT following Trayvon. We know at some point he was, he said so. Just like he said he KILLED Trayvon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
In self defense cases, the victim has to be put on trial. That is a fact. Get used to it. It will be the centerpiece of GZ's case.
The victim is in the cemetary. Are you an attorney?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:49 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
So much has come out on this case, true, untrue, but it's hard to remember it all.

I do remember that the screams and cries for help on the call immediately stopped after the shot. IMMEDIATELY, within a nanosecond or less.

Then we have TM lying on the ground, face down.

GZ was said to be calm and collected, not saying much.

I can only imagine how many times prosecutors have replayed this scenario in their minds, on maps, etc...
I guess GZ would need to keep screaming for help after he shot the guy that was attacking him? If it were TM screaming, then why wasn't there a sound of pain coming in the "nanoseconds" after the shot was fired. Do you actually realize how short a nanosecond is?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
We don't know for sure who attacked who first.

GZ didn't outweigh TM by that much. You're depiction of weight disparity is completely untrue.

I fully understand comments directed towards TM looking suspicious solely based on his race. If your neighborhood is being robbed by a series of black teens, you do get that feeling.

This does not mean racism is involved, or not involved. It means that the obvious was stated.

If there are gangs of white teens burglarizing a neighborhood, which happens frequently, the residents naturally feel that white teens roaming the neighborhood look suspicious.

I'm not going to bark up that tree just to fuel your agenda, which has been posted in similar baiting fashion in a couple of threads already. You're putting in information that people have put out as opinions, and stating them as fact. Too many strawmen for good discussion.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

The victim is in the cemetary. Are you an attorney?
No, and obviously you aren't either!

Old 05-30-2012, 08:51 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
In self defense cases, the victim has to be put on trial. That is a fact. Get used to it. It will be the centerpiece of GZ's case.
Not true. Especially not a dead victim. It would be enormously STUPID of Zimmerman's lawyer to go before a jury and bash the dead victim. The issue is WHAT ZIMMERMAN BELIEVED in terms of fear for his life or grave bodily harm. The important issue will be Zimmerman's credibility, his past reputation for truthfulness as well as his past violence and anger management problems. Does he lie when he gets in trouble in order to get out of trouble? Zimmerman's best shot at self defense is to get on the stand and testify, and that is NOT AN EASY THING TO DO. Zimmerman loses his temper too easily to be a good witness.

Martin is NOT going to be on trial.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Have it your way.

When the state tries to prove that gz's actions that night were because of hatred or evil intent, and the defense uses the thc and other info about tm, you can deny it's happening.
lol, they'll 'have it their way' until the judicial smackdown and Zimm walks, free and clear. I'll bet old Angela of the ugly dresses will be penalized in one form or another over her feeble attempt at prosecuting someone for defending his life in a "Make My Day" state. She needs to be demoted right out of Florida.

I very much look forward to that day. Think of the bandwidth that will saved because of the maroons and armchair wannabee lawyers who won't be endlessly repeating the same old, boring blather!

Oh, Happy Day!

Old 05-30-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Not true. Especially not a dead victim. It would be enormously STUPID of Zimmerman's lawyer to go before a jury and bash the dead victim. The issue is WHAT ZIMMERMAN BELIEVED in terms of fear for his life or grave bodily harm. The important issue will be Zimmerman's credibility, his past reputation for truthfulness as well as his past violence and anger management problems. Does he lie when he gets in trouble in order to get out of trouble? Zimmerman's best shot at self defense is to get on the stand and testify, and that is NOT AN EASY THING TO DO. Zimmerman loses his temper too easily to be a good witness.

Martin is NOT going to be on trial.
In order for self defense to work, one has to convince the jury that the victim was or was about do do great harm to the person that killed hime. How do you propose to show TM was attacking GZ without "putting his actions on trial?"

Old 05-30-2012, 08:57 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Quote:
So, one needs to do whatever possible to avoid losing consciousness when one's head is being banged onto the sidewalk, according to what you just stated.
From all of the accounts I've read, they were on the grass. This confused me, but possibly there were two separate scuffles, on on the sidewalk, and one on the grass? From the location of the body, it appeared they were both quite a distance from the sidewalk..

One eyewitness account said the entire confrontation took place only on the grass. But you know how those eyewitness accounts have gone.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
So, one needs to do whatever possible to avoid losing consciousness when one's head is being banged onto the sidewalk, according to what you just stated.
You know, the reality is there is no proof that Zimmerman's head was being repeatedly BANGED onto the sidewalk. The injuries he sustained could have been received in some other way. We only have Zimmerman's word. How honest is Zimmerman? Does he have a reputation for being honest?

AGAIN, this goes to Zimmerman's credibility. Did the incident happen the way Zimmerman claims?

You say do "whatever possible"? And there you have stand your ground. lol No duty to retreat. It certainly may have been possible for Zimmerman to get free from Trayvon without killing him, but with stand your ground people know you don't have to attempt to get away first, no duty to retreat. Such a reprehensible law, IMO.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
In order for self defense to work, one has to convince the jury that the victim was or was about do do great harm to the person that killed hime. How do you propose to show TM was attacking GZ without "putting his actions on trial?"
Not really. He has to prove that he believed he was about to lose his life or sustain great bodily harm. It's Zimmerman's perception. Also, he has to prove that after he initially made contact with Trayvon that he broke that contact and then Trayvon followed him and attacked him. I don't think very much about Trayvon's past and life will be a focus. What I think will be presented is whatever forensic evidence they have regarding where the fight took place, compared to Zimmerman's claims of the various places he went during his pursuit of Trayvon.

I think Zimmerman's self-defense will focus on Zimmerman's BELIEF that he thought he might die or sustain severe bodily harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies