Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,421,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
At least as long as you manage to believe that the taking down of those walls and fences caused the death of the Communist Party. Have you taken a chance today to read anything at the Party website?
Did you miss this post?

//www.city-data.com/forum/23957346-post114.html

Your response would be very interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,673,439 times
Quote:
but the fools that elected him. If we have enough like them to re-elect them the nation is very near its death.

Read these words from a newspaper in the Czech Republic. I had to select the reader of the words from among a number of people.

Czech Republic: The Danger To America Is Not Barack Obama But The Fools Who Elected Him | God and Country First
By George, I think you got it right!

I am on here right now because I could not take the stuff appearing on my wall on facebook. And they like to brag about their education. The one I am thinking about the most will soon have a Dr. in front of his name. He is a college professor and the head of his department, but he does not know the difference between a man and a woman. Anybody that does know the difference between the two will never suggest that two men or two women should get married. Their parts don't fit together. LOL

And they call those of us that do know the natural way of things bigots. Having basic four year old knowledge of the human body is not being a bigot. It is just not being a fool.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:46 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,561,947 times
Quote:
What do you of the progressive persuasion think about the people in that video? They knew only what the Democrat Party and the media had convinced them of about politics but were convinced that their votes were very smart. I especially liked them spouting the garbage that they had heard about the Republicans that was all lies.

Deal with those people and the others who voted in total ignorance. I keep trying to do that but just can't seem to handle how stupid they were. The only ones of them that I could accept were the two black women who admitted that they had been misinformed about the whole thing and that they knew very little about the whole thing.
Oh, please. I can post a video making fun of conservative voters too. Anybody can cherry pick subjects and create any impression they want:

Real Americans in the SOUTH? ( Mississippi Voters ) - YouTube

Old 04-20-2012, 09:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,331,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Let me tell you something here. My wife's family suffered greatly under communism. Her dad's family in the USSR and her mom's family in the GDR. It's extremely offensive to the memories of those of her family who were killed by those regimes to listen to the nonstop ignorant garbage posted by people who don't have a single solitary clue of what communism is. On a political spectrum a mile long you azzhats claim people 2 inches to the left of center are communists. Do you have any idea at all just how stupid that makes you??? How ignorant of any kind of reality at all? How delusional, blind, deaf and dumb????

My wife's grandfather was sent to the Gulag because he was a farmer who employed a couple of men as helpers. When he escaped the GRU shot his three brothers and quite a few cousins. The KGB chased my father in law around Russia for 5 years before he and his mother were able to escape to Germany. Can you even imagine that Germany under the Nazis seemed like paradise compared to the USSR for my inlaws. After the war they were all stuck in Eastern Germany and again they were hounded and killed by the government until the survivours were able to escape to the West.

I can't stress to strongly that those who are talking about any kind of communist threat to the USA are beyond the pale. Just complete and utter "NUTBARS".
You howl and yell about what a dictatorial government did to its people in the name of communism but it was the Dictatorship of the Proletariat that had been established in Russia by 1920 and that had done all that damage to the people who couldn't seem to keep it from happening. Many people who live here now who lived through those years in Europe and Cuba are telling us that they see the same thing happening here now.

I have to feel sorry for people who had to live in those dictatorial nations and managed to survive and escape. I don't want to see that coming here but sure enough it is coming the way we are going. Speaking of Communists I wonder if you have ever seen them celebrating on May 1 as I did in both Germany and Italy in 1956 and 1957. Not all of the people in the towns I was stationed near were Communists and yet, we weren't allowed to go into town, unless we were living "in town". Now those people were communists and really hadn't got away from their beliefs that close to the War.

I have studied communism and how it comes into being and we are on that road right now.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:49 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,601,412 times
Quote:
At least as long as you manage to believe that the taking down of those walls and fences caused the death of the Communist Party. Have you taken a chance today to read anything at the Party website?
Hey man, get a grip!!!! Do you know how many NeoNazi and Nazi party websites are out there. Do they frighten you as much as the communists do? Do you not realize that among the developed western democracies that the USA is way to the right of all of them. HERE IN CANADA WE HAVE A VERY CONSERVATIVE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND WE ARE STILL WAY TO THE LEFT OF THE USA. I have been listening and reading the Canadian political news every day for 40 freakin years and I can't remember one single time some goof obsessing about the scary "COMMUNISTS" taking over our country. If you ever did you would be nothing but a national laughing stock and your newsman days would thankfully be over with.

You know, over the years we actually have done a lot of business with the former USSR, Cuba, China and lots of other communist countries. Does that fact scare you? Well it doesn't scare us. We know who we are,we know what we stand for as a country and we have the most modern and up to date constitution that protect all of us from the government either the right or the left.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:52 PM

552 posts, read 740,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The people who elected him were largely bused to the polls by ACORN, and once there, had to be shown how to vote.

And guess what! They're too stupid to realize they still haven't gotten their hope 'n change.
I wasn't bused by accorn...

The problem is there is a stereotype of the typical obama voter as some type of welfare receiving, vegitarian, elitist, tree hugging super mutant breed. Guess what it's not true. I am college educated, respected in my career, and in my community. My whole family is highly educated middle to upper middle class and we all voted for obama...

Old 04-20-2012, 09:55 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,561,947 times
Quote:
No, I haven't. Why should I?

You may be interested to know that I also haven't read anything on the websites of:

The United States Marijuana Party: Home

The United States Pirate Party: us.pirate.is

The Prohibition Party: Prohibition Party Website

The Modern Whig Party: Modern Whig Party | Service and Solutions

Or any of the other screwball, fringe parties out there who are so insignificant that they can't even affect a local election, let alone threaten the existence of the whole nation.

If I take a notion to worry about something, you can bet it won't be any group as small and powerless as the American communist party.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:13 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,601,412 times
Quote:
You howl and yell about what a dictatorial government did to its people in the name of communism but it was the Dictatorship of the Proletariat that had been established in Russia by 1920 and that had done all that damage to the people who couldn't seem to keep it from happening. Many people who live here now who lived through those years in Europe and Cuba are telling us that they see the same thing happening here now.

I have to feel sorry for people who had to live in those dictatorial nations and managed to survive and escape. I don't want to see that coming here but sure enough it is coming the way we are going. Speaking of Communists I wonder if you have ever seen them celebrating on May 1 as I did in both Germany and Italy in 1956 and 1957. Not all of the people in the towns I was stationed near were Communists and yet, we weren't allowed to go into town, unless we were living "in town". Now those people were communists and really hadn't got away from their beliefs that close to the War.

I have studied communism and how it comes into being and we are on that road right now.
You are like the man who studies the bible and claims the Lord is returning next week !!!

By far the biggest menace to freedom, peace, social progress, the solving of America's huge festering problems comes from the RIGHT. Any possible threat from the left in the future will come as a backlash to rightwing policies that take the country back to where it was before any social progress was made. That is exactly where the GOP idiots of today want the country to go. If it had not been for FDR and "The new deal" the USA most probably would have suffered a communist revolution in the 30's.

Your country was so horrible after WW1 that injured vets had to actually riot in the streets of Washington just to get what was owed and promised to them. That's right wing for you. They marginalize all people who they feel are below them in social status. They do this to the point and they are still doing it to even those who have given it all for the country, for the flag. They are nothing but trash to the right. If this is the way they view and treat the wounded warriors just imagine what they think of your average working person. This working person does not deserve a minimum wage he can live on. He does not deserve medical care if he gets sick, He does not deserve safe conditions in the workplace, he does not deserve a clean environment in which to raise his family, he does not deserve a good education so he can rase his standard of living and I could go on and on and on.

This is not my opinion, it's the facts. The GOP has fought against every single social reform ever introduced in the congress of the USA. The right does not represent the people in any meaningful way. They can't, they are bought and paid for by the economic royalists and instead of getting better it's getting far worse with the undoing of any kind of meaningful election finance law
If ever there becomes a let wing threat in the country it will be because the people have been so beaten down so marginilized and abused that they begin to believe they have no other choice.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 PM

552 posts, read 740,613 times
Quote:
You are like the man who studies the bible and claims the Lord is returning next week !!!

By far the biggest menace to freedom, peace, social progress, the solving of America's huge festering problems comes from the RIGHT. Any possible threat from the left in the future will come as a backlash to rightwing policies that take the country back to where it was before any social progress was made. That is exactly where the GOP idiots of today want the country to go. If it had not been for FDR and "The new deal" the USA most probably would have suffered a communist revolution in the 30's.

Your country was so horrible after WW1 that injured vets had to actually riot in the streets of Washington just to get what was owed and promised to them. That's right wing for you. They marginalize all people who they feel are below them in social status. They do this to the point and they are still doing it to even those who have given it all for the country, for the flag. They are nothing but trash to the right. If this is the way they view and treat the wounded warriors just imagine what they think of your average working person. This working person does not deserve a minimum wage he can live on. He does not deserve medical care if he gets sick, He does not deserve safe conditions in the workplace, he does not deserve a clean environment in which to raise his family, he does not deserve a good education so he can rase his standard of living and I could go on and on and on.

This is not my opinion, it's the facts. The GOP has fought against every single social reform ever introduced in the congress of the USA. The right does not represent the people in any meaningful way. They can't, they are bought and paid for by the economic royalists and instead of getting better it's getting far worse with the undoing of any kind of meaningful election finance law
If ever there becomes a let wing threat in the country it will be because the people have been so beaten down so marginilized and abused that they begin to believe they have no other choice.
Actually republicans were once a very different party until they started dividing america, war on religion, war on drugs, etc. Democrats fought the war on poverty, I'd rather feed the hungry then fight the middle east.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,331,524 times
Quote:
Hey man, get a grip!!!! Do you know how many NeoNazi and Nazi party websites are out there. Do they frighten you as much as the communists do? Do you not realize that among the developed western democracies that the USA is way to the right of all of them. HERE IN CANADA WE HAVE A VERY CONSERVATIVE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND WE ARE STILL WAY TO THE LEFT OF THE USA. I have been listening and reading the Canadian political news every day for 40 freakin years and I can't remember one single time some goof obsessing about the scary "COMMUNISTS" taking over our country. If you ever did you would be nothing but a national laughing stock and your newsman days would thankfully be over with.

You know, over the years we actually have done a lot of business with the former USSR, Cuba, China and lots of other communist countries. Does that fact scare you? Well it doesn't scare us. We know who we are,we know what we stand for as a country and we have the most modern and up to date constitution that protect all of us from the government either the right or the left.
Well, yeah but you Canadians are very superior to we Americans, at least you think you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies