Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 12:38 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LOL. Yeah that's what they did. They weren't questioning it they were cheering it on or should I post the quotes of their pre Iraq rhetoric for evidence? Nah you've seen em before. Enough with the nonsense cousin.
That's not the definition of a chickenhawk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Things never went sour??? They sure did. It was a huge mess until the surge under Petraeus. Does Abu Gharib ring a bell?

But anyway nothing you said remotely addresses the point. The point was that 70% supported going to Iraq, and later pulled their support, in many cases just for naked partisan reasons, in order to score partisan points against an R prez.
Things went sour when Turkey (who wanted to join the EU at the time) took their orders from france and germany (who wanted to trade oil in euros with iraq) decided to not allow the 4th ID to land and attack from the north.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:47 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,182,695 times
Quote:
Things never went sour??? They sure did. It was a huge mess until the surge under Petraeus. Does Abu Gharib ring a bell?

But anyway nothing you said remotely addresses the point. The point was that 70% supported going to Iraq, and later pulled their support, in many cases just for naked partisan reasons, in order to score partisan points against an R prez.
Sour? We were told that everything was going fine, but needed a bit more time. I don't recall any administration officials worried about the war.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:21 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I'm sure they are right on the other side with the 5,000+ American Servicepeople who were killed needlessly in that unnecessary war waiting on Bush and Cheney to cross over.

I hope they're planning a party for Dick and W. A big one.

as usual noting but juvenile responses from the far right.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:23 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Truman was a combat veteran of WWI.

Truman's battery was frequently employed well forward. He was detailed to provide fire support for George S. Patton's tank brigade during the Meuse-Argonne offensive, engaged German field guns and was credited with either wiping out or forcing the permanent abandonment of two complete batteries. When firing on these and other targets, he disobeyed orders and fired "out of sector" against threats to his division's open flank. Truman's 35th Division, a National Guard formation made up of units from Missouri and Kansas, suffered grievously in that battle, and the battery of the man who would later order the dropping of the atomic bombs was sited approximately 150 yards forward of where Patton was wounded in an area referred to by one artilleryman as "a cemetery of unburied dead."

http://www.worldwar1.com/dbc/truman.htm

Perhaps you're simply unaware of the meaning of the term, "chickenhawk."

Chickenhawk (politics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Historical facts are too nuanced for the far right, they only digest what Oxycontin Rush tells them.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
They have many chickenhawk supporters as well.
The Chickenhawks
For those who still don't get the difference, think about the difference between Roman Catholic priests who boast about their celibacy, while secretly having women on the side, and other clergymen who marry openly.

Someone here forgot that most Catholics voted Democrat back in the days when all that crap was going on.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:40 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,525,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Historical facts are too nuanced for the far right, they only digest what Oxycontin Rush tells them.
Do mean "I've got a pimple on my ass so I can't go to Vietnam, but your kids should be glad to go to Iraq" Rush?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Do mean "I've got a pimple on my ass so I can't go to Vietnam, but your kids should be glad to go to Iraq" Rush?
What bug has got up your heine? Did Olberman, Ed Shultz, or Rachel Maddow ever serve in the military? No. Get a clue, not everyone is cut out to serve in the military. It doesn't detract from their right to participate in politics and political discourse? What about Bill 'I loathe the military' Clinton. Did you denounce him (in the coursest of terms) for sending troops to Bosnia?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,525,442 times
Quote:
What bug has got up your heine? Did Olberman, Ed Shultz, or Rachel Maddow ever serve in the military? No. Get a clue, not everyone is cut out to serve in the military. It doesn't detract from their right to participate in politics and political discourse? What about Bill 'I loathe the military' Clinton. Did you denounce him (in the coursest of terms) for sending troops to Bosnia?

Olberman, Shultz (whoever he/she is) or Rachel Maddow aren't war hawks. For that matter, neither was Bill Clinton, PBUH (Pizz Be Upon Him)

Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 PM

57,254 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
It's a great way to take the idiocy to a whole new level. Now a politician gets blamed or credited for whether their kid served in the military????? It is the kid's decision whether to serve, not the parents. In some cases the parent may have input, but it's dumb to assume that the parent has any input in any particular case. Anyway, have we not learned to keep politco's families out of politics. Are you seriously going to discredit Pres. Obama if Sasha and Malia don't wind up going into the military?

Yep, a whole new level.
A slanted, post but it has a point, no should not hold the politicians responsible for their childrens actions, but the point is they had no sacrifice. I think as of a few years ago only McCain and a few others had a child in military. Someone did an actual count of congress, senate and there was less than 10 offspring in the 2 wars at that time.

There was no discussion to speak of for what was a very serious matter, but then who cares they had no nothing to lose.

I remember a time when went to war as a nation, now we let less than 1% of the nation along with some very highly paid contractors do our fighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies