Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 08:32 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Don't need one...

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

Romans 1:26-27 KJV

Romans 1 KJV - Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called - Bible Gateway
Do you have that passage for me to read in Hebrew? If not, I don't really care what it says... but I still don't see how that condemns homosexuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Gizmo: These posts are written directly about the one offensive speaker! The concept of anti-bullying is great as long as that is actually the message being pushed. Your flaming gay activist (Savage) comes in there are starts ripping Christians and promoting a homosexual lifestyle is not what was advertised. Of course this should have been expected because he is a big-time anti-Christian as evident in almost all of his columns. So, I blame the school for allowing him to speak in the first place. This is similar to the muslim extremists who went crazy after the Denmark cartoons made fun of Muhammed a few years ago. Savage is inexcusable. Anybody who reads or listens to him should know this
He's not "my activist," since I've never even read or followed his column... and if you'd like me to start quoting hateful speeches from the right, then using them to push a hateful agenda against you, we can play that game later.

Quote:
Are you trying to convince us, or God? Even Hitler convinced many humans to follow him.
I'm not trying to convince anyone, only pointing out the facts. Can you debate what I've said, or are you as ignorant of the Hebrew Bible as most Christians are? And for goodness sakes, please refrain from using Hitler as an example when you're conversing with a Jew... that's just the ultimate in tastelessness.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:36 PM

41 posts, read 23,843 times
Another vulgar piece of dung that needs done away with from normal polite society.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Are those liberal-specific organizations? Don't appear to be so...
but we know better

Old 04-28-2012, 08:39 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Do you have that passage for me to read in Hebrew? If not, I don't really care what it says... but I still don't see how that condemns homosexuals.
Funny how the bigots throw out that quote and stop short of offering what comes next:

Romans 2:1: ""Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.""

Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
some facts and stats...
1. EVERY (100%) time that gay marriage has been put on a ballot in the U.S. oit has been defeated... Even in California
As for stats... 42.7% of statistics are just made up
So, there is a difference between stats and facts
Fact: They have conducted polls since the passing of PropH8, and the MAJORITY now say they would support a measure allowing gay marriage... including those who originally voted for the Prop, and now say they were duped by Mormon propaganda. Even when it did pass, that was by a very small margin - so you can't claim I'm alone in my support of the issue, now can you?

Old 04-28-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Funny how the bigots throw out that quote and stop short of offering what comes next:

Romans 2:1: ""Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.""
That's their game... cherry-pick which passages to follow, while also ignoring what they originally said or meant. Pathetic.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
What do you have against Christians.

That you would take the name of Christ out (six letters) of Christians speaks to your likely dislike of Christ, in my opinion.

By the way, you left in the letters s and t.
What do you have against non-Christians? You get all butt hurt whenever somebody says anything negative about Christians, but I don't see you defending the gays who are being denigrated on this thread... and didn't Jesus preach love over hate, even if the person is a sinner? Why aren't you following his example?

P.S. Since you often chide people for not spelling out the words Christian or G-d, I will now call you disrespectful FOR spelling out the words. Or did you not realize the Bible condemns writing the name?

Old 04-28-2012, 08:51 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
That's their game... cherry-pick which passages to follow, while also ignoring what they originally said or meant. Pathetic.
That was Mr. Savage's whole point. There is an on point quote that says "You know that you have created god in your own image when it turns out he hates all of the same people that you do."

Old 04-28-2012, 08:55 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
Christians are light in their loafers and should be bullied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies