Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
This says people received time stamped copies. The scribe doc I linked to looked time stamped. Unless, that is a fake stamp.

Mitchell J. Stein Law Group Crew Complaints Flood In That Allege They Are Collecting Money For A New York Lawsuit That Never Ends Up Actually Filed
quote:
I have attached a conformed, file-stamped copy of the lawsuit for you to read. Also, please visit the link below to see the official press release, which gives an overview of the lawsuit and its ramifications.
Case number????

Index numbers are available for purchase from the New York court system. If this case were filed, it would have a case number attached. Can you provide a case number?

And it's hilarious that you link to a blog that is an extended diatribe against the lawyers that you are trying to defend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 12:05 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Oh my god... you're still going.

Do you know what persevarate means?

And yet you list three in a previous post. Odd.

I think it very strange you think you speak for everybody, if you want to claim just for those who have voiced an opinion, I find that just as odd.

I list 3 examples you give, each w/ 2 sides.
CDusr says:

You seem to be spinning. One minute somebody is a dupe, another a liar. Another they are an unwitting scam participator and another on the payroll. One minute defending another not.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Case number????

Index numbers are available for purchase from the New York court system. If this case were filed, it would have a case number attached. Can you provide a case number?

And it's hilarious that you link to a blog that is an extended diatribe against the lawyers that you are trying to defend.
There appears to be no case number. That link discusses this. Which is why I included it multiple times. Why is that hilarious?

I am not defending any lawyers. Where did I state such? Do you really believe I am "defending" the alleged lawyers in the case?

Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
There appears to be no case number. That link discusses this. Which is why I included it multiple times. Why is that hilarious?

I am not defending any lawyers. Where did I state such? Do you really believe I am "defending" the alleged lawyers in the case?
Your desperation is showing. Give it up.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Your desperation is showing. Give it up.
Desperation of what? Stating the facts?

That link is stating what has been said and what hasn't. There is only an index number and a statement of time stamp. No case number.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:22 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
There appears to be no case number. That link discusses this. Which is why I included it multiple times. Why is that hilarious.

Yeah, I think you are defending the "alleged" lawyers in this case.

You introduced a thread about a supposed lawsuit. Your thread was based on the press release that the lawyers (who are not alleged, they are real people) planted on the internet.

The press release's credibility doesn't depend on where it was planted, those websites can be credible news sites, but the news sites weren't reporting on the lawsuit, they simply allowed the lawfirm to put out its press release. The press release's credibility depends on the lawyers, whether they are trustworthy, and the press release depends on its accuracy.

The lawyers are not shown to be trustworthy. One, at least, is currently under indictment for one crime, and his offices have recently been raided in an investigation of another crime. His license has been revoked. The other lawyers are not trustworthy because they have merely renamed the lawfirm and have not distanced themselves from the actions of the discredited lawyer. Indeed, they seem to have embraced the actions of the discredited lawyer. Why do I say this, because they are asserting that this lawsuit has been filed, but the NY Court system says otherwise. They are asserting it in the press release whose credibility depends on its accuracy. And the accuracy of the press release is not supported by the NY Court system.

You started the thread because you evidently believed such a lawsuit has been filed. But given the problems with the press release and the lawyers involved, your continued attempts to validate the press release (by "linking" it to the Wall Street Journal, by trying to provide proof that the lawsuit has been filed) can be construed as a defense of the lawyers and the press release. Your position certainly isn't one attacking the lawyers and the press release. And your position up to this point isn't neutral, though I could certainly understand wanting to adopt a neutral position at this point.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yeah, I think you are defending the "alleged" lawyers in this case.

You introduced a thread about a supposed lawsuit. Your thread was based on the press release that the lawyers (who are not alleged, they are real people) planted on the internet.

The press release's credibility doesn't depend on where it was planted, those websites can be credible news sites, but the news sites weren't reporting on the lawsuit, they simply allowed the lawfirm to put out its press release. The press release's credibility depends on the lawyers, whether they are trustworthy, and the press release depends on its accuracy.

The lawyers are not shown to be trustworthy. One, at least, is currently under indictment for one crime, and his offices have recently been raided in an investigation of another crime. His license has been revoked. The other lawyers are not trustworthy because they have merely renamed the lawfirm and have not distanced themselves from the actions of the discredited lawyer. Indeed, they seem to have embraced the actions of the discredited lawyer. Why do I say this, because they are asserting that this lawsuit has been filed, but the NY Court system says otherwise. They are asserting it in the press release whose credibility depends on its accuracy. And the accuracy of the press release is not supported by the NY Court system.

You started the thread because you evidently believed such a lawsuit has been filed. But given the problems with the press release and the lawyers involved, your continued attempts to validate the press release (by "linking" it to the Wall Street Journal, by trying to provide proof that the lawsuit has been filed) can be construed as a defense of the lawyers and the press release. Your position certainly isn't one attacking the lawyers and the press release. And your position up to this point isn't neutral, though I could certainly understand wanting to adopt a neutral position at this point.
This is my original OP. I agree, this law firm, has some question marks. So does this case. Never said otherwise. You seem to be fluctuating; I am providing proof or credibility? Which is it?

My view has been stated. Put it up and ask questions. The only way you get any answers. Certainly, when I see such a PR and accompanying summons I would assume this needs looking into.

I state alleged, because somebody claimed one attorney has lost his lic in CA. Same guy apparently has a trial set for other accusations.

Why would I attack anyone? Is that how it is? Are we the Hattfields and McCoys now?

CDusr says:
Guess we will see if there is something to this.

Had you looked you would see the article has links to wsj. Seriously that's all you can add?
MarketWatch.com

That site seems to have some good information on it.

50 State Foreclosure Abuse Settlment (http://piggybankblog.com/category/5-50-state-foreclosure-abuse-settlment/ - broken link)

Old 05-08-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Desperation of what? Stating the facts?

That link is stating what has been said and what hasn't. There is only an index number and a statement of time stamp. No case number.
Yeah, such facts that you began the thread with, has been shattered since and you're stilling clinging onto it.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Yeah, such facts that you began the thread with, has been shattered since and you're stilling clinging onto it.
So this isn't a PR about an alleged case?
I presented a link to a PR, and a posted summons. Seeing what could be found.

CDusr says:
Guess we will see if there is something to this.

Had you looked you would see the article has links to wsj. Seriously that's all you can add?
MarketWatch.com

So very shattered. Um yeah.

So not sure what you think has been shattered. Hopefully, there really is such a case or plenty of HO's and this attorney will be in hot water I would think.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
So this isn't a PR about an alleged case?
I presented a link to a PR, and a posted summons. Seeing what could be found.
It is alleged, and a PR, but not an article, and by a questionable source that you feel can be trusted. And if you haven't figured this out yet... the desired audience has been met.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies