Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 03:16 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,789,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Why would you quote a typo?
I'm not quoting a typo -

I'm showing everyone on this board what a total fraud and deceptive dishonest person you are:

GOTACHA!! "SMOKING GUN"'!! BUSTED!!

No sense ever trying to have a discussion with you; your bad habit(s) of misrepresenting the truth are easily seen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 03:27 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Wake Up World is not a news site. It's a conspiracy site. Madison Ruppert isn't a journalist, she's a blogger. This is not an article.
So now bloggers don't write articles? Ok, should just stop wasting your time then.
Have you bothered to verify whether this is an actual suit?

Last edited by CDusr; 05-07-2012 at 03:38 PM..

Old 05-07-2012, 03:30 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I'm not quoting a typo -

I'm showing everyone on this board what a total fraud and deceptive dishonest person you are:
By quoting a typo?

Old 05-07-2012, 03:36 PM

This looks like a copy of the summons. 360 pages long. A very long list of people. I posted this earlier.
Lawsuit

Old 05-07-2012, 05:55 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Since it is already supposedly filed, I would say it was already investigated.

Nobody has to investigate anything to file a lawsuit. Spurious claims are filed all the time in our courts.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:09 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
This looks like a copy of the summons. 360 pages long. A very long list of people. I posted this earlier.
Lawsuit
How much would you be willing to bet that the vast majority (if any) of those defendants haven't even been served with the suit?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Nobody has to investigate anything to file a lawsuit. Spurious claims are filed all the time in our courts.
Actually, though this is true, based on the article there was investigation. A lawsuit of this magnitude would be crazy to be filed with no evidence given the summons.

As to what has been delivered. Who knows. That is why I posted the article so people could research it and see what they could find.

It is listed on the firm's site.

Last edited by CDusr; 05-07-2012 at 07:12 PM..

Old 05-07-2012, 07:27 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Actually, though this is true, based on the article there was investigation. A lawsuit of this magnitude would be crazy to be filed with no evidence given the summons.

As to what has been delivered. Who knows. That is why I posted the article so people could research it and see what they could find.

It is listed on the firm's site.
Investigated by the law firm which filed the suit. That doesn't count. What DOES count is if they can prove it in court.

But, see? That's how these charades work. By the time it actually comes to trial, if it does, it will be completely forgotten by those who are jumping on board with the accusations today and believing they are true. If the case is without merit, there won't be any press release to right wing media about that. It will just quietly be dropped, but the IMPRESSION of a crooked Obama will remain.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Investigated by the law firm which filed the suit. That doesn't count. What DOES count is if they can prove it in court.

But, see? That's how these charades work. By the time it actually comes to trial, if it does, it will be completely forgotten by those who are jumping on board with the accusations today and believing they are true. If the case is without merit, there won't be any press release to right wing media about that. It will just quietly be dropped, but the IMPRESSION of a crooked Obama will remain.
Actually the investigation does count because that can make or break your case. This is the supreme court.

As to Obama's crookedness. I doubt this PR release is going to have much bearing. Could be an interesting case. Obviously, it involves many others than Obama.
Personally, I didn't approve of the AG deal.

As to dropping it. I wouldn't expect the law firm to do a PR for that if it happens, but anybody else could if they felt so inclined.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times
Quote:
Lawsuit
Most of the dates referenced in the summons were before 2009 (mostly 2003-2006).
How does this have anything to do with the current administration?

There is no mention of either Obama or the government in it so how can it "Implicate" them?.

Either the PR piece had the wrong case number and there is a similar case filed by the same firm in the same court, or.........

Last edited by plannine; 05-07-2012 at 09:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies