Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 12:19 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Actually, the initial posting is an article, based on a PR.
Yes... it was. And when that was pointed out you deceptively implied that it had the imprimatur of the WSJ.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 12:21 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
But why then did you personally tried very hard to imply that it was?

Your furious quibbling now does not take you off the hook for your attempted deception.
This is what I said.
Quote:
Are you for real? That is a deception? Man am I stealthy. How dare I give an alternate link to someone who needs spoon feeding.
I would say you are furiously quibbling and pettily accusing at that.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Actually, the initial posting is an article, based on a PR. I don't have to Vet anything for anybody other than myself. Everybody here knows it is a PR. I suggest anyone wanting further information use the information provided to see if and what was filed. Do their own vetting.
The initial posting is a press release. Not an article.

That's why people are repeatedly challenging you. Because you persist in trying to present this as if it were an article in the WSJ, or one of its websites, and it is not an article. It's a Press Release. Press Releases are intended to present a biased position, and to get exposure for that position. Press Releases are marketing. They aren't journalism.

You attributed this press release to the WSJ organization. That is blatantly untrue. The PRESS RELEASE is like any other piece of marketing or advertising that the Wall Street Journal prints. The Wall Street Journal is not responsible for the press release's accuracy, and takes no responsibility for any content in the press release.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:34 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,723 times
Yet another law firm feeding at the trough of the subprime mortgage debacle. These are the same lawyers that defend corporations that ship jobs offshore. Would it surprise you to know that airlines reservations are made by underpaid Indian workers in Mumbai trained to speak English with a mid-western accent? (What a scandal!) These lawyers are no better than prostitutes; which is not surprising, for the legal profession is the second oldest - and none the less honorable.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The initial posting is a press release. Not an article.

That's why people are repeatedly challenging you. Because you persist in trying to present this as if it were an article in the WSJ, or one of its websites, and it is not an article. It's a Press Release. Press Releases are intended to present a biased position, and to get exposure for that position. Press Releases are marketing. They aren't journalism.

You attributed this press release to the WSJ organization. That is blatantly untrue.
The PRESS RELEASE is like any other piece of marketing or advertising that the Wall Street Journal prints. The Wall Street Journal is not responsible for the press release's accuracy, and takes no responsibility for any content in the press release.
I posted an article based on a PR posted on a site owned by WSJ. I posted a link to the original PR for someone complaining about the original article.
End of story. Nobody claimed it was journalism or anything other than a PR.
Original article I posted.

I suggest the index number, along w/ county info be used to look up the suit.
Landmark Lawsuit by US Home Owners Implicates Obama and Big ...

Your claims in bold are innacurate.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:36 PM

Here's another PRESS RELEASE.

Home Owners Across the Nation Sue All Bank Servicers and Their Offshore Havens; Spire Law Officially Announces Filing of Landmark Lawsuit - Business Review USA (http://www.businessreviewusa.com/press_releases/home-owners-across-the-nation-sue-all-bank-servicers-and-their-offshore-havens-spire-law-officially - broken link)

Spire Law Group is disseminating such press releases to conservative economic publications. The press releases are designed to read as a legitimate news story, when they aren't. The press releases may be informative and newsworthy, but they are marketing the law group's position, and as a marketing tool, they are not independent nor unbiased.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I posted an article based on a PR posted on a site owned by WSJ. I posted a link to the original PR for someone complaining about the original article.
End of story. Nobody claimed it was journalism or anything other than a PR.
Original article I posted.

I suggest the index number, along w/ county info be used to look up the suit.
Landmark Lawsuit by US Home Owners Implicates Obama and Big ...
Not an article. You posted a press release posted on a site owned by the WSJ. It's a press release, a specific marketing tool. No journalists at the Wall Street Journal or any of its affiliated was involved. Which means it's not an article.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Not an article. You posted a press release posted on a site owned by the WSJ. It's a press release, a specific marketing tool. No journalists at the Wall Street Journal or any of its affiliated was involved. Which means it's not an article.
The link I just gave you is an article about the PR. (By Madison Ruppert Contributing Writer for Wake Up World)This has been established repeatedly, no one has said otherwise.

Because a drive by "complained" about the original article site, I gave them a direct link to the PR being discussed.
I am amazed people go pointing fingers and don't even read.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:01 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
The link I just gave you is an article about the PR. (By Madison Ruppert Contributing Writer for Wake Up World)This has been established repeatedly, no one has said otherwise.

Because a drive by "complained" about the original article site, I gave them a direct link to the PR being discussed.
I am amazed people go pointing fingers and don't even read.
You shouldn't be amazed. This is how they operate. How many of these pro-Obama losers are actually interested in discussing the lawsuit? Nary a one of them. They'd rather tear you down by attacking the messenger. This is liberalism at its finest. There's no shame in their game. Protecting this President is their only goal. Join me and other conservatives in holding them accountable. Their entire ideology is a house of cards. They know this.....that's why they resort to these deflective tactics.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You shouldn't be amazed. This is how they operate. How many of these pro-Obama losers are actually interested in discussing the lawsuit? Nary a one of them. They'd rather tear you down by attacking the messenger. This is liberalism at its finest. There's no shame in their game. Protecting this President is their only goal. Join me and other conservatives in holding them accountable. Their entire ideology is a house of cards. They know this.....that's why they resort to these deflective tactics.
Can't believe I just had to respond to such trivial BS. Worse than HS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies