Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 12:43 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It was pass in virtually all of Queens with the exception of some of the Orthodox areas and Howard Beach. Much of the Bronx it would pass in, most of Brooklyn it would ass outside of the Orthodox areas and perhaps Brighton Beach and Bensonhurst.

The vast majority of the polls out on the issue showed support for same-sex marriage statewide including in NYC. Hell the biggest issue in the 2010 Gov race was Gay marriage.
in Queens
Cathlioc areas like Whitestone, Middle Village, Glendale, Breazy Point, Belle Harbor?

it would also fail big in minority areas like Rosedale, Laurelton, Corona ext

in Brooklyn it will fail miserably in all over (except the few white liberal areas)
if you think it stands a chance in white ethnic NY neighborhoods like Dyker Heights, Manhattan Beach, Geristan Beach your'e more delusional then I thought.
what about Bedford Stuyvesant, Brownsville, Canarise.
please read this this is more telling then your so called predictions.
Bed-Stuy Residents Speak Out On Same-Sex Marriage In New York - Bed-Stuy, NY Patch

in regards to the bronx there's a reason Ruben Diaz is very popular in his district. (though I think it will also win a few block near Fordham)

the polls have never been right on this issue

it was only an issue for the far left a super-majority of the people who voted for Coumo couldn't care less about it and voted for him for other reasons.

only someone who knows nothing about the neighborhoods of NYC would ever think that it could currently pass if it would appear on this years ballot.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:20 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post

Your point?

Old 05-10-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Prop 8 had nothing to do with 'supporting marriage between a man and a woman'.

Same-sex marriage doesn't stop heterosexuals from marrying each other or 'redefine' their marriage in any way. It doesn't force a heterosexual to marry someone of the same sex.

As was clearly and overwhelmingly proven with the evidence from the Prop 8 trial, Prop 8 was based purely on religiously funded anti-gay animus.

The ballot summary read that the measure "Changes the California Constitution to eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry in California."
Yes - the state can write a summary - and the summary was biased. The measure only added language that recognized marriage as the union of a man and a woman - and the state wrote a prejudical title and summary that was nothing but a propagandist hit piece. It was challenged in court - but the state won. I believe that one reason Prop 8 passed was because people were upset that Attorney General Brown was trying to rig the vote by insisting on a biased summary. It was very clear that he was not being objective. Prop 8 was solely about preserving traditional marriage in California.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I don't think any of these fools do. Especially the ones who voted for it.
Nancy said "we have to pass the bill so we can know what is in it" - what do you think of those fools who didn't read PPACA before they voted for it?

Old 05-10-2012, 04:25 AM

409 posts, read 254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post

All that show is that liberal indoctrination in schools has been successful.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:19 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It was pass in virtually all of Queens with the exception of some of the Orthodox areas and Howard Beach. Much of the Bronx it would pass in, most of Brooklyn it would ass outside of the Orthodox areas and perhaps Brighton Beach and Bensonhurst.

The vast majority of the polls out on the issue showed support for same-sex marriage statewide including in NYC. Hell the biggest issue in the 2010 Gov race was Gay marriage.
Out of 34 attempts across the nation it's failed 33 times.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:58 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Why do you feel you need to announce your straightness? Embarrassed to be mistaken as a Homosexual? Isn't that hypocritical?
Who said I was embarrassed? I only mentioned it in response to another comment, and would have no problem with being "mistaken" for gay... actually happens to me sometimes in real life, and I only find it flattering.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
which is why "reform Judaism" is not Judaism, any part of the bible they don't like they don't keep (and are upset when others keep them).
I could say the same to you, since your values in no way reflect my JEWISH upbringing and beliefs... but unlike you, I respect other people and their faith. At least I have Jewish blood, so you can't take away my innate "Jewishness" no matter how much you might like that.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I wonder if they'll do a study about people who ever use drugs that mess up their head which shows that they are for homo "marriages".
I supported the issue and gay community long before I ever touched a drug - in a way, even before I really knew what homosexual meant. Nice try, though.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
We voted on Prop 22 in March of that year - one of the complaints was that the off-election timing caused a low turnout - however it was never a secret and those who were opposed had plenty of opportunity to vote against the initiative.
March election, huh? Then maybe I didn't vote on it - and maybe many other young people didn't, since it was "off season."

Quote:
I was always too broke during college to smoke pot - even if I had a desire to do so.
I always had a job, and friends who knew how to share... also did my first two years at UofOregon, where the stuff practically grew on trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies