Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 12:08 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
So what you are saying is that the surgeon was lying and 2000 years ago Josephus was lying and all these people just made up the same exact story??

Nobody comes back?? Jesus Christ did! Lazarus did!

Paul the Apostle was an historical figure also - more books are written about him than any other person on this planet.

He says the exact opposite of what you claim; he provides proof you provide presumption
Let's put it this way.................
The stories told back then were mostly not recorded until after the fact and we all know what happens to stories being passed down....... they become distorted and edited.
The whole story of crist and the bible itself was merely a tool to keep people in their place and it still is today.... a way of keeping people in their place.............. Not ONE scrap of real evidence to prove a God.... unless you like "fairy tales".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 12:10 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
So what you are saying is that the surgeon was lying and 2000 years ago Josephus was lying and all these people just made up the same exact story??

Nobody comes back?? Jesus Christ did! Lazarus did!

Paul the Apostle was an historical figure also - more books are written about him than any other person on this planet.

He says the exact opposite of what you claim; he provides proof you provide presumption
I hope you realize that all religions are man made. Man created religions in order to control human beings. Religious control is by and large mind control, and secondary to that financial control.

I prefer to believe in a spiritual/scientific existence rather than a concrete religious foundation for mankind, because mankind is flawed everything that mankind creates is also flawed. And that would also include religion.

But as I said start a thread on another forum and you'll have plenty of people to talk to about this.

I think sexual confusion and spiritual confusion can encourage homosexuality, and that homosexuality is a manmade phenomenon, caused by poor gender socialization at an early age which is reinforced by environment.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:15 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,781,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
You are kidding.............right????????????????????
The proof is on the side of evolution.
Science has facts that confirm how we have evolved....... we have found many different kinds of evidence from prehistoric bones to multitudes of artifacts which have been scientifically dated to the constant exploration of the planets etc etc etc etc.
The ONLY kind of proof that a God exists is in hearsay, myth and even debunked theories.... remember the Earth was the centre of the Universe B/S.
Before you tell anyone to "OH just SHUT UP".... please provide some proof that God exists and where this God originated from......... got nothing huh?
Science has an absurd track record and it is well documented

More than 400 scientists from all disciplines have signed onto a growing list of skeptics of claims for the ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the complexity of life, according to the Seattle-based Discovery Institute.

“Darwin’s theory of evolution is the great white elephant of contemporary thought,” said David Berlinski, a mathematician and philosopher of science with Discovery Institute’s Center for Science and Culture, or CSC. “It is large, almost completely useless, and the object of superstitious awe.”

The Discovery Institute, a leading proponent of Intelligent Design, first published its Statement of Dissent from Darwin in 2001.

The think tank challenged statements made in the PBS “Evolution” series, which claimed that no scientists disagreed with Darwinian evolution

Darwin did not believe in that ridiculous theory and he even said so in his biography

Old 05-11-2012, 12:21 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Science has an absurd track record and it is well documented

More than 400 scientists from all disciplines have signed onto a growing list of skeptics of claims for the ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the complexity of life, according to the Seattle-based Discovery Institute.

“Darwin’s theory of evolution is the great white elephant of contemporary thought,” said David Berlinski, a mathematician and philosopher of science with Discovery Institute’s Center for Science and Culture, or CSC. “It is large, almost completely useless, and the object of superstitious awe.”

The Discovery Institute, a leading proponent of Intelligent Design, first published its Statement of Dissent from Darwin in 2001.

The think tank challenged statements made in the PBS “Evolution” series, which claimed that no scientists disagreed with Darwinian evolution

Darwin did not believe in that ridiculous theory and he even said so in his biography
Talk about ridiculous ^^^^^^^^^^
Go ahead ignore Science and while you are at it underestimate GODs ability. One day you will feel foolish once your eyes are finally opened. Clue it does not matter one bit if you believe in science, the truth does not require you to believe it to be true.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 PM

Two of the worlds greatest scientists prove you are wrong!
Albert Einstein & Sir Issac Newton

Old 05-11-2012, 12:41 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Two of the worlds greatest scientists prove you are wrong!
Albert Einstein & Sir Issac Newton
Neither of which was involved in any science that had anything to do with evolution or even life on the planet.
I really do not understand why you care, your answer for gays is to execute them, meaning that no matter what you say we already know what your final solution for them would be.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:42 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Anything's possible, considering scientists haven't definitively figured out where homosexuality comes from.
Just as they haven't figured out where a man covering himself with tattoos, sporting huge steel eyelets in both ears, and rings in his lip and eyebrows comes from.

Bizarre forms of human behavior are nearly limitless in number and are seen throughout society on a daily basis....and homosexuality is just one of them.

And yet most today march in a blind trance to this "not a choice" dogma that has been central to the diversion and subversion of our national priorities for a generation. We are collectively foolish beyond any level I would have ever believed possible when I started adult life a few decades ago.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:44 PM

Amazing- the best selling book of all times year after year is the bible

Please explain how when I do what God says to do - His promises always come true!!

That simply would not be possible if it were a book of fairy tales.

IN fact not one promise that God has made has ever failed in my life for over 60 years; That is an exceptional track record - circumstantial evidence of the simple truth.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:47 PM

I can't wait to hear this Obama type explanation of deception falsified with lies

If that book did not produce the results I was begging for with tears.. then I would have simply abandoned it 60 years ago!

Old 05-11-2012, 12:48 PM

692 posts, read 1,355,018 times
I heard you can catch it from toilet seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies