Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 09:39 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
If marriage was about love, then people would be marrying their pets.

Marriage is not just about "love" between 2 people.

Marriage's primary societal purpose is to protect the future of society: CHILDREN.
And many same sex couples have children. My partner and I have 3. There is a couple who have 12.
There are also many heterosexual couples that don't, or can't have kids. Should they be banned from marrying?

Old 05-31-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Sanspeur -
Come on!
Aren't we adults now?
Can't you come up with a better response than a personal attack?

Please explain something I've wondered about:
Many who have shown favor of legally redefining marriage to include those with homosexual preferences, are also atheists, who believe that facts are more important than fables.
Then, why are facts ignored by atheists, when it comes to homosexual practices?

The US CDC shows statistics that those with homosexual preferences contract & spread STDs & AIDs much more than hetereosexuals.
This happens because they change partners more often because anatomically, their parts just don't fit together.
Even in 2 healthy males, anal sex run risks of anal fissures, anal cancer, bacterial infection & colon rupture. This is fact. The fable is that we should legally honor sexual deviations no matter what.

The fact is that you, me, & all of us were created by a man & a woman & nature, being wise, knows that we need mothers and fathers.

The fact is that same-sex couples already have "rights" under common law marriage & cohabitation agreements & those rights are extended as contracts are written up.

Don't Atheists value truth over lies?
Male female couples have anal sex, do we deny them marriage?
Lesbians have the lowest rates of STDs, HIV, and AIDS even lower than heterosexual women, so why are heterosexual women allowed marriage, but lesbians aren't?

Old 05-31-2012, 10:10 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Marriage's primary societal purpose is to protect the future of society: CHILDREN.
Therefore, we should allow homosexuals to wed each other. To protect their children.

That being said, the ability to procreate, or procreation period, is neither a pre-requisite or a requirement to get a marriage certificate.

Until that requirement exists, the "FOMG TEH CHILDRENZZZ!" stance is irrelevant to the argument.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:15 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:

Do you love your dog as much and in the same manner as your spouse?

I sure don't....

Please, stop with the "think of the children!!!!!" nonsense. It holds absolutely zero water.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Marriage has traditionally focused on the economics of the families involved. For millennia fathers sold their daughters for financial, business or political gain. They arranged their son's marriages for the same reasons. The children’s desires were irrelevant.

In the West we have mostly abandoned those restrictions on individual choice. Extending marriage to same sex couples is just a logical progression from allowing young people to choose their own mates instead of following parental coercion. Just because some people have revulsion to homosexual sex does not justify legally restricting people from following their desires. In this situation the society should mind its own business and stay out of individual's private matters.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:44 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Gays are doing much better at marriage...Denmark has had same sex marriage since 1989...In Denmark the homosexual divorce rate is 17%....Heterosexual divorce rate is 47%.
Almost 3 times better. No slant to that data

I see, so Homosexuality is "Better" than Heterosexuality. Homosexuality, went from being the Bane of civilization to "Better" and "Preferrable" in the 2000s.

As I have always stated I'm a supporter of Same Sex marriage, and it should be viewed as "Equal", but Ive noticed that many posters here and elsewhere feel the need to assault Hetersexual Marriage, thinking it validates their point of view: It went from "We are the same and equal" to "We are superior".

For the posters "Do you really think there are fewer unstable Homosexual people out there then Hetersexuals?"
I would overall say it's a wash at best.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Almost 3 times better. No slant to that data

I see, so Homosexuality is "Better" than Heterosexuality. Homosexuality, went from being the Bane of civilization to "Better" and "Preferrable" in the 2000s.

As I have always stated I'm a supporter of Same Sex marriage, and it should be viewed as "Equal", but Ive noticed that many posters here and elsewhere feel the need to assault Hetersexual Marriage, thinking it validates their point of view: It went from "We are the same and equal" to "We are superior".

For the posters "Do you really think there are fewer unstable Homosexual people out there then Hetersexuals?"
I would overall say it's a wash at best.
Some of us are trying to show that we ARE all the same. But when constantly pummeled with the sheer amount negativity, and blatantly false claims of people trying to deny equal rights, we provide FACTS to show the truth.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:59 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,799,737 times
Quote:

And explain how gays are a threat to children again?

I mean, we all know that they are mostly pedophiles, perverts, deviants, diseased, promiscuous, and sociopaths.

Things that straights ARE NOT. Right?

Old 05-31-2012, 11:24 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Some of us are trying to show that we ARE all the same. But when constantly pummeled with the sheer amount negativity, and blatantly false claims of people trying to deny equal rights, we provide FACTS to show the truth.
"negativity, and blatantly false claims of people trying to deny equal rights"
I can see that defensive reaction, but there most likely will be a defensive reaction from Heterosexual moderates who are being bombarded by claims of Homosexual superiority via some of the survey results that are posted here and else where.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"negativity, and blatantly false claims of people trying to deny equal rights"
I can see that defensive reaction, but there most likely will be a defensive reaction from Heterosexual moderates who are being bombarded by claims of Homosexual superiority via some of the survey results that are posted here and else where.
I guess we are in the same boat then, because I'm tired of being bombarded by "heteros are better" crap.

Why can't we all agree that everyone has their own failings, and a group of people are not all responsible for the misdeeds of a few. We all deserve to be treated equally by the laws of this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies