Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 03:55 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I'm the one who started this thread & yes in the OP, is mentioned the concern for children as a major reason for defending marriage between a man & a woman.

How many times must I repeat this, AdiosTereador?
Of course, having children is not a requirement for marriage - but children are a product of the union of a mother & father.
The law is supposed to be for the best/ideal for the most of society.
We don't change laws for traffic lights because an ambulence has to run a red light.
And we don't redefine marriage which protects society's future (children) just because a few have sexual deviations that they want legally honored.
And???? How does legal same-sex marriage change the bolded part?

IF you are going to deny same-sex marriage on the ground that marriage is intended to benefit children, then you would have to deny marriage to ANYONE not able to or planning on having children in order to remain logically consistent.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:02 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Let me repeat, because apparently you didn't read & consider what I already explained.
Not all heterosexual couples have children - but many do & society knows that ideally, children are conceived under the legal union of a mother and father.
The basis for society's future is based on mothers & fathers' joint offspring.
To suggest that all couples must have children is a strawman logical fallacy & ridiculous.
If that's the case then why do you keep bringing up any and all things related to children being born under a legal union between a man and woman? Children isn't even the topic of this thread. Stick to the topic of marriage between a man and a woman or take your rhetorical trash elsewhere.

Quote:
There is a problem, however, when they insist that ALL of society be required to legally honor their sexual deviation, when it is of not particular interest to society to do so, & in fact, actually encourages harmful behavior.
Oh this is rich. So a group of people who want the same rights as everyone else in the US is harmful to society and encourage harmful behavior? That's one of the most hate filled, ignorant statements I've ever heard in a long time. Typical bigotry from someone with a closed mind. Be ashamed of yourself since you go against everything that America stands for. Congratulations, you're now Anti-American. Applaud yourself for your accomplishment.

Quote:
Legalizing same sex marriage hurts children - who are denied a mother or father.
It also hurts many others by encouraging the lie that homosexual practices are healthy when statistically, homosexuals are much more likely to contract & spread STDs & AIDS... & even in 2 healthy males, anal sex presents medical risks of anal fissures, bacterial infection, anal cancer & colon rupture.
Sex has nothing to do with the matter and there are studies that show children raised in with same sex parents are just as well if not better off than heterosexual parents. Again, stick to the topic of one man and one woman marriage or take your arguments elsewhere. So again....encouraging the government to grant a group of people equal rights and liberties is a lie and harmful to children? Do you even know the meaning of the word tolerance? I guess not.

Right the anal sex part - is that the only thing you can think of when it comes to same sex couples? Don't get me started on all the ways heterosexual couples have sex, not to mention the amount of anal sex that goes on. Where are you getting your information about the whole STDs thing? Not every single homosexual male or female will have or contract AIDS and that's extremely bigoted for you to think so.

Stop bringing children into this discussion and focus on one man, one woman marriage. Start another thread focusing on children if you so desire. Keep it out of this thread.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Of course, having children is not a requirement for marriage - but children are a product of the union of a mother & father.
The law is supposed to be for the best/ideal for the most of society.
We don't change laws for traffic lights because an ambulence has to run a red light.
And we don't redefine marriage which protects society's future (children) just because a few have sexual deviations that they want legally honored.
God you're so bound and determined to keep bringing up the children issue when it has NOTHING to do with marriage between one man, one woman.

Again - until making babies is a requirement for marriage (which it never will be) then there's no reason why homosexuals can't be allowed to marry. It's purely a civil rights issue and you denying that is chillingly similar to another individual who denied rights and freedoms to a group of people because he had a problem with their life style. Know who that person is? Hitler.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:15 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
There are some legally recognized marriages where the participants have to prove that they can NOT reproduce.

Look at the laws for first cousin marriages.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Its the law where I live and has been rejected i votes I say that marriage no matter what laws say will by most only be recognised as between a man and woman.You can't deamnd acceptance what people see as wrong.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:33 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,776 times
Quote:
Marriage is about legally ensuring that those most vulnerable are protected... of most concern to society is the future of society: CHILDREN.
I can only imagine the evil thoughts and ill will that you must have towards single parents.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:41 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The ability to procreate.
I am a woman who is past the age to "procreate."

Does that mean that if I should meet a man who I would like to marry, I shouldn't be allowed to?

Because I can't "procreate?"

Old 06-16-2012, 04:09 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Its the law where I live and has been rejected i votes I say that marriage no matter what laws say will by most only be recognised as between a man and woman.You can't deamnd acceptance what people see as wrong.

You don't have to accept anything. You DO have to allow people equal protection and equality under the law that they are entitled to as citizens in a FREE country!

Plenty of things I see being 'wrong' --- I don't deny people their rights based on my personal feelings!

Old 07-29-2012, 08:49 AM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You don't have to accept anything. You DO have to allow people equal protection and equality under the law that they are entitled to as citizens in a FREE country!

Plenty of things I see being 'wrong' --- I don't deny people their rights based on my personal feelings!
Ironic.
Since when is a free country defined as one that dictates rights & laws based on sexual feelings??

Are the STDs, & AIDS & other health problems that are so prominant among those with Same-Sex Attraction... causing more FREEDOM?

The legal aspect of marriage is to benefit society, by encouraging & supporting the basic social unit that brings in more society members/tax payers.
Obviously, not all heterosexual couples will have children - but the only way to have children is via a male sperm & female egg, so society realizes this is an important union between husband & wife to be supported.
What advantage does society have by giving special rights & privileges to those with Same-Sex Attraction?

Old 07-29-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
The legal aspect of marriage is to benefit society, by encouraging & supporting the basic social unit that brings in more society members/tax payers.
Obviously, not all heterosexual couples will have children - but the only way to have children is via a male sperm & female egg, so society realizes this is an important union between husband & wife to be supported.
What advantage does society have by giving special rights & privileges to those with Same-Sex Attraction?
*yawn*

It's against the 14th amendment to discriminate a group of people based on their orientation or other physical attributes.

Denying homosexuals visitation rights, the right to marry each other, and countless other things that heterosexuals enjoy is unconstitutional.

Why is it always about sex with you perverted people? That all you think about?

Tell me - do you enjoy denying fellow law abiding Americans the rights, benefits, liberties, and freedoms guaranteed under the US Constitution and Bill of Rights?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies