Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 03:19 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,627,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The misleading thread title alone proves how manipulative liberals become when they want to push their agendas, in this case they're desperate to paint all Christians as being anti-gay when in fact the hate crime was perpetrated by a 'tolerant', liberal CNN executive

[he was prolly looking to somehow blame it on a red state Fox News viewer ]

Most people scan only the headlines which is why headlines in the mainstream media are deliberately misleading, and why so many people become misinformed about facts.

This is how the mainstream media works, folks. Take a real good look at it.

Misleading headline by liberal extremist on C-D: Chairman of the FaithWorks Christian Fellowship Puts Dog Poop In His Gay Neighbors' Mailbox

Reality: CNN Exec Harasses Gay Couple With Dog Feces
How is the thread title misleading? The guy who left dog poop in his neighbors' mailbox is currently THE CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP. Are you claiming that that isn't true? Can you provide a link that says that the dog-poop mailbox vandalizer isn't in fact THE CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP?

And is there some rule here that I don't know about that says that the thread title has to replicate the title of the article that is linked? That seems strange.

Finally, isn't it more likely that THE CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP, who left dog poop in his neighbors' mailbox, is conservative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 03:28 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,244,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
How is the thread title misleading? The guy who left dog poop in his neighbors' mailbox is currently THE CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP. Are you claiming that that isn't true? Can you provide a link that says that the dog-poop mailbox vandalizer isn't in fact THE CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP?

And is there some rule here that I don't know about that says that the thread title has to replicate the title of the article that is linked? That seems strange.

Finally, isn't it more likely that THE CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP, who left dog poop in his neighbors' mailbox, is conservative?
I don't think so. He was a high up exec for CNN for several years and I think it out of the realm of believability that CNN would allow a conservative in that kind of position. After leaving CNN he became a professor at Univ. of GA, certainly no bastion of conservatism. All signs point to him being a LIBERAL Christian.

The article did not say the victims were gay either. Both of your assumptions, i.e conservative Christian perp and gay victims, are exactly that....assumptions without foundation.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:43 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,081,283 times
If ture ;it onlt proves theire are idots in very group.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:45 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,627,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I don't think so. He was a high up exec for CNN for several years and I think it out of the realm of believability that CNN would allow a conservative in that kind of position. After leaving CNN he became a professor at Univ. of GA, certainly no bastion of conservatism. All signs point to him being a LIBERAL Christian.
I didn't bring up his politics. Renault said that he was a liberal because he was high up at CNN. There's no evidence for that. And frankly I do believe that he is more likely to be conservative given that he is CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP. That hardly sounds like a position for most social liberals, but who knows. Really doesn't make a difference either way, as what is important is that the man is CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP and is acting this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The article did not say the victims were gay either. Both of your assumptions, i.e conservative Christian perp and gay victims, are exactly that....assumptions without foundation.
Just like most would presume that a man and woman who are of their age, own a property together, and live together are partnered. Hardly shocking. Just unfortunate that the CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP felt the need to leave poop in their mailbox for a some unknown reason. Why would the CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP have a problem with the two men who live together who are his neighbors?

Last edited by helenejen; 05-22-2012 at 03:58 PM..

Old 05-22-2012, 03:46 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,518,811 times
Quote:
"Bob Furnad, Chairman of the FaithWorks Christian Fellowship and former president of CNN Headline News, placed the offending offering outside the Atlanta home of Benjamin Dameron and Ralph Miller. The two men have video of Furnad walking his black and white dog up to the box and putting the package inside."

Read more: Poo-stal delivery: CNN executive videoed putting dog faeces in neighbour's mailbox | Mail Online

Nice.
Yea. A Christian. Not!

Old 05-22-2012, 04:01 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,244,054 times
Quote:
I didn't bring up his politics. Renault said that he was a liberal because he was high up at CNN. There's no evidence for that. And frankly I do believe that he is more likely to be conservative given that he is CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP. That hardly sounds like a position for most social liberals.

I can't agree with this. There are as many LIBERAL Christians as there are conservative Christians, if not more. His professional background is with liberal CNN and the UofGA, which is a state school, not a private Christian school. Just because he heads up a Christian organization at a state university doesn't make him a conservative. I would argue it more likely makes him a liberal Christian. What's more, his position as the head of Faithworks Christian Fellowship may be only ancillary to his position as a professor--a sideline. Regardless, I think his is a nominal Christian, at best. He descended into pettiness, a human frailty we all have, at times.

Just like most would presume that a man and woman who are of their age, own a property together, and live together are partnered. Hardly shocking. Just unfortunate that the CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP felt the need to leave poop in their mailbox for a some unknown reason. Why would the CHAIRMAN OF THE FAITHWORKS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP have a problem with the two men who live together who are his neighbors?

I don't know. He said it was a "long standing feud" and may be unrelated to their sexual orientation.

It was childish and petty. He will likely pay much more than a fine for this foolishness. Like, loss of his position at the university?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies