Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 03:12 PM

219 posts, read 922,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Considering 400 years ago, the black man in Africa had not yet discovered the wheel and were then assimilated into advanced western culture (those not exported as slaves) and were given basic schooling to prepare them as labourers and servants so we whities could communicate with them.
Typical fallacious Eurocentric outlook on African history. Get a ****ing clue dude.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:16 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
Wow. This is pitiful.

The very people you despise are not the ones holding you down my friend. Think about who is in power. Think about you who you are trying to impress/appease with these mannerisms. You can dress in fancy suites, drive a 2013 Jaguar and speak with perfect diction.

GUESS WHAT. You'll still be followed around in a department store. Hate black america all you want. If everyone in these here United States treated everyone based on Merit, you wouldn't have to go out of your way to impress. You're going out of your way to be a shining example of the next generation mulatto™, a magical negro if you will. Your efforts are being thoroughly wasted. If you want to change the influences the influences of those in your circle, do so, but if you think you're going to change a world that's set in it's ways, longing to differentiate "us" from "them", you've got a long road ahead of you.

What Would You Do? Parents Disapprove Interrcial union(Full Episode) - YouTube
Maybee you're right: but give VP credit for trying to climb OUT of the crab pot. The video talks against interracial union, so what? Not so long ago: an anglo dating an Irish person was a no-no and we're about as white as they come. Sheesh.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:24 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Nice to see somebody else notices!

Pride? Why not name your kids Nat (Turner, King Cole) or Malcolm or Shirley (Chisholm, first black woman elected to congress)

There is little to be proud if in the generation of Jamals, Tyrones and Ladashas.
Uh; I'm gonna call you out there on "Tyrone", it's also a good Irish name. Tyrone Powers, the actor. Now for "Black" sounding names, how about Tyro? Tho the dude was an anglo white guy with blue eyes. lol

Old 05-26-2012, 03:29 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL you can't be serious all of the things you mention comes from family, culture and the individual.
Not necessarily. The absence of those things can be due to an oppressive dominant society that devalues other ethnicities. Some of the same pathologies exist among Blacks in South Africa as in the US. Why would that be? And why would South Africans be any different than people from other parts of Africa? Think about it.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:46 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
I am half black, grew up around blacks, and then moved away and met Nigerians, Ghanians, and Ethiopians...they have a completely different mentality than the average "Tyrone" or "Lashonda".
Your problem is that your parents saw fit to raise you in a depressed socioeconoic environment and you do not have the intellect to realize that ALL Black Americans are not products of the environment in which you yourself were raised.

In my experience, Black immigrants have no problem forging bonds with middle/upper class Black Americans because there are similar values and desires for continued upward mobility. And just who do you think all of these Black immigrants are marrying and having children with....Black Americans.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:50 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
The Africans in America are generally well educated and fairly intelligent. They have more opportunity.

I am sure there are plenty of stupid Africans in Africa.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:51 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Your problem is that your parents saw fit to raise you in a depressed socioeconoic environment and you do not have the intellect to realize that ALL Black Americans are not products of the environment in which you yourself were raised.

In my experience, Black immigrants have no problem forging bonds with middle/upper class Black Americans because there are similar values and desires for continued upward mobility. And just who do you think all of these Black immigrants are marrying and having children with....Black Americans.
White women.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:51 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Edward has a meaning, look it up. In West African culture you name children with names that have meaning. It is believed that your child will live up the name. So you name a child after someone who you respect and want your child to become later in life.

I have an African name but I was named Edward, after wait for it... Ted Kennedy. Also in Ghana we have naming rituals called outdoorings, lively affairs where the name of a child is officially introduced. So to answer your silly question that would be the ritual.
It's interesting that you criticize Black Americans for using derived names but you won't use you own Ghanian name to identify yourself.

It's also interesting despite the economic progress that Africans have made in the past decade that some Africans feel compelled to come to America and be critical of Black people in America when they have a myriad of problems in their own countries that in fact compelled them to come to America.

Police to smoke out officers extorting money from recruits - ModernGhana.com

Quote:
The Ghana Police Service says it has started investigations into an allegation that Police Instructors are extorting money from their recruits who are due to pass out at the Police Training School in Kumasi.

The recruits alleged that three of the 12 drill instructors at the school had since January this year been collecting 10 Ghana cedis from each of the 232 recruits every month.
Building Contractor In Court For Defilement - ModernGhana.com

Quote:
A 39-year-old building contractor, John Gyan Amoah who allegedly defiled his girlfriend’s eight- year-old daughter, was on Thursday remanded into police custody by a Circuit Court in Accra.

Amoah, who was charged with defilement, pleaded not guilty and would re-appear at court on June 4.

Police Chief Inspector I.A.A. Ahor told the court that the victim lived with complainant, her mother, and Amoah at Amanfrom in Accra.

The prosecution said the accused had been defiling the girl anytime her mother left home, and he (Amoah) warned the victim not to disclose her ordeal to anyone.
Cop, 3 others arrested for extortion, robbery - ModernGhana.com

Quote:
Four persons, including a policeman and an ex-soldier, who are said to have connived to extort and rob people of their money and other belongings have been arrested by the police.

The suspects — Lance Corporal Martin Agyare of the Police Mobile Force in Accra; ex-Leading Aircraftman, Iddrisu Ato; Harrison Tawiah, a driver, and Agbeko Mannah, a carpenter — are alleged to have carried out their illegal operations at wee-smoking joints and around automated teller machines (ATMs) of banks where they trailed their victims to rob them.

An AK 47 and 10 rounds of ammunition belonging to the policeman were retrieved.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I grew up in a black ghetto and I know when I say this, even though they will never admit it: if racism vanished tomorrow, so many American blacks would be devastated. They WANT racism to be their.
You are a very angry person. I really hope that you get help so that you can work through your anger issues.

I know that you think that you are being clever by attempting to cover up your anger at your Black father (and Italian mother) for not having the economic means to raise you in a more affluent and culturally diverse area, but your agenda is quite transparent.

To be quite honest, it is crystal clear why someone like yourself has not been able to gain acceptance by middle and upper class Black Americans. We like to focus on the positive while reaching back to help mentor those in need.

So again I ask, what actions have you taken to change the current condition of lower class Black Americans? Talk is dirt cheap victorianpunk....what are you doing to make a change?

Old 05-26-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
White women.
Black immigrant women are marrying and having children with White women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies