Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 05:01 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Black immigrant women are marrying and having children with White women?
The irony of the issue is that in terms of a marriage partner most white males are not going to make a distinction between an African immigrant woman and a Black American woman.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:02 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Black immigrant women are marrying and having children with White women?
I was talking about the men, you know like barrack's daddy.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:05 PM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The irony of the issue is that in terms of a marriage partner most white males are not going to make a distinction between an African immigrant woman and a Black American woman.
Some people would perceive dealing with Africans as being more comfortable than dealing with Black Americans. However, I can see the point that sometimes skin color is the main denominator.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:05 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
I am sure there are plenty of stupid Africans in Africa.
I can't believe how many stupid White people there are in America, and it's not getting any better! The way the education system is going down the drain, and university education has become unaffordable to many, I don't see a lot of hope for the US.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:32 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
You'd be surprised. You think everyone is like you guys and doesn't realize or appreciate the cultural differences between the Africans and African Americans?

Old 05-26-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I can't believe how many stupid White people there are in America, and it's not getting any better! The way the education system is going down the drain, and university education has become unaffordable to many, I don't see a lot of hope for the US.
Well if Whites are stupid what can we say for African- Americans who perform worse than even the poorest Whites in just about every academic measurement?

Old 05-26-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
It's interesting that you criticize Black Americans for using derived names but you won't use you own Ghanian name to identify yourself.

It's also interesting despite the economic progress that Africans have made in the past decade that some Africans feel compelled to come to America and be critical of Black people in America when they have a myriad of problems in their own countries that in fact compelled them to come to America.

Police to smoke out officers extorting money from recruits - ModernGhana.com

Building Contractor In Court For Defilement - ModernGhana.com

Cop, 3 others arrested for extortion, robbery - ModernGhana.com
Thanks for sharing. More irrelevance from the usual suspects I challenge you to find where I said no crime exists in Ghana.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:42 PM

674 posts, read 698,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You'd be surprised. You think everyone is like you guys and doesn't realize or appreciate the cultural differences between the Africans and African Americans?
That's true. But I think most of it is just that we are considered more exotic. The type who is intrigued by foreign women gravitates towards African women. Anectdotally the African women who went to college with me tended to be approached by white men much more often than any other type. But I went to school in NYC so this may be atypical.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:43 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:
Your analogy is a bit off. George Zimmerman also has a history of domestic violence plus an arrest for assaulting a police officer, so no he doesn't get credit in a thread about the achievment level between Black Americans (who are descendents of the American slave trade) and African immigrants. Jerry Sandusky "mentored children as well...I was referring to people with "pure" motives for mentoring and not opportunists (a category in which I would most likely place GZ, as well)

Let's stick to the topic at hand and leave the GZ discussion to its respective threads.
But, can I still call BS when I see it?

Old 05-26-2012, 05:46 PM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
But you need to ask this: Where did the differences in culture come from? Where did it originate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies