Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 01:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm part "Polish-American". And I don't care.

No, the people who will make a big deal out of this in this country are the same characters who make a big deal out of Michelle Obama's make-up or criticize the President for ordering dijon mustard on his hamburger. You all know who you are.

The pathetic deflection attempts to justify everything Obama continue. What happened to improving our status world over and winning the hearts and minds of everyone on the planet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 01:58 PM

1,196 posts, read 839,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
89th Division Site ‘Confirms’ Obama’s Story | Sweetness & Light

Old 05-30-2012, 04:05 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
It's "location, location, location". This is a very sore and sensitive spot for Poland. They lost untold number of it's citizens at the hands of the Nazis. To say "Polish Death Camps" implies they were run by the Polish people. All those death camps, no matter their location, should be referred to "Nazi Death Camps" since they were the ones running the places. What's bad is it was OK for the national press and late night comics to make fun of Bush gaffs and use them as examples of Bush being stupid but all of Obama's gaffs are off limits. So don't bring up any of Obama's gaffs, they're off limits. No 57 states, no hospital corpseman, no polish death camps, nor any of the many other gaffs Obama made. He's a Democrat so all those things are off limits.
"thousands of so called Christians celebrated the extermination of Jews in camps in Hungary and Poland."

Old 05-30-2012, 05:57 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Funny-- I've used the term Polish Death Camps myself to refer to Nazi death camps in Poland. More faux outrage.

Let's talk about health care. What's Mittens' plan to make sure my pre-existing condition is covered?
Now I can understand why you would vote for someone as dumb as Obama. The republicans have decided that even if Obamacare is found unconstitutional, covering pre-existing conditions is an important health insurance concept in many situations and they will put it in a bill.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:18 PM

745 posts, read 1,504,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm going to give him the benefit of doubt. I'll bet the teleprompter said Poland's death camps and he just read it as Polish death camps. It's really about intent. I don't care for the guy but I doubt he was intentionally referring to Polish people run death camps.
Exactly, does anyone seriously believe he meant Polksh death camps?

Old 05-30-2012, 07:37 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
[quote=desertdetroiter;24523967]
Quote:
It was pretty damn obvious what was meant by those words.
Especially obvious to those whose prime purpose in life is to defend anything that Obama says or does.

Quote:
Besides, do the Poles REALLY wanna open up a chapter on their participation in the Holocaust and their own treatment of the Jews? Because truthfully, that's why they're so touchy on this topic...they don't have clean hands themselves.
So now you are an expert on the wants and desires of all other nations, their motives and most private thoughts. I don't think so.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Right on target. The Pole's hands aren't clean by ANY means.
You know, of course, that nobody said that their hands were clean. All of you Obama apologists keep pounding this comment and hope that someone (the 2 brain cell liberals) will belief that this was said.

Right out of Obama Lies 101.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Unbelievable the absolute misguided nonsense that is spewed by the Right. THanks for posting the truth.

Once again, when one looks deeper, President Obama shines.
Yeah, he just keeps shining people on with his statements and hoping that his devotees can convince someone that what he said is not what he meant.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:50 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm part "Polish-American". And I don't care.

No, the people who will make a big deal out of this in this country are the same characters who make a big deal out of Michelle Obama's make-up or criticize the President for ordering dijon mustard on his hamburger. You all know who you are.
The most defensive people that make excuses for Obama's verbal miscues are also the ones that made a big deal about Bush's.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:06 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
AP story;

Poles outraged over Obama's words on death camps | Fox News

Quote:
Poland's leaders said Wednesday they weren't completely satisfied with a White House explanation that President Barack Obama misspoke when he referred to "Polish death camps" during a ceremony honoring a World War II hero, saying they wanted a stronger response.

The phrasing is considered hugely offensive in Poland, where Nazi Germany murdered Poles, Jews and others in death camps it built during World War II on Polish and German territory. Poles have responded with outrage, saying Obama should have called it a "German death camp in Nazi-occupied Poland" to distinguish the perpetrators from the location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Exactly, does anyone seriously believe he meant Polksh death camps?
Who knows what he meant? His speeches are, or should be, fact checked, double, triple and beyond for misstatements, errors and offending language.

Where are the adults in the WH that know something of modern world history and the painful memories this honor was supposed to put to rest?

It Wasn't a "Gaffe" - The Daily Beast

Quote:
But instead of honoring Karski, the president stumbled into the single most offensive thing he could possibly have said on this occasion:

It was intended too to strengthen the US-Polish relations that the Obama administration has frayed in pursuit of its "reset" with Russia. Instead, this administration bungled everything: past, present, and future.
Yeah, faux outrage, the wires/MSM is abuzz with it.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/obama-nazi-...110505006.html

White House shrugs off Polish apology demands

Yep, the earlier statement is all the Poles are getting from this WH...behind the scenes I wouldn't be surprised if they are told to shut up...or else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies