Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 09:35 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Sigh...

I am 35 - and understand that "gay rights" is nothing but an euthenism for acceptance of a deviant lifestyle. "Your" generation would be my parents generation - i.e the Baby Boomers. My generation(your children) are leading a backlash against free sex, drugs(I do support legalization of most drugs - especially marijuana), and general irresponsibility. You can hide behind what your market surveys tell you, but that is just an excuse to promote something that is wrong. I almost wish that I had been born 20-30 years earlier so that I would have had a chance to prevent what my parent's generation(you and others of your ilk) have done to our Republic. I do not demean my parent's by saying this - whom are both honorable Americans who love our Republic - even though one disagrees with me politically. This nation needs to return to the respect of family, morals, and liberty. Our Republic is eroding by the passing of each day - and people who think like you do are aiding and abetting it.

Let's stop the madness.

God bless America.
And I'm 37, so respect you elder, and knock off this holier than thou crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 09:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Being gay is no different than having something such as Autism in my opinion. There is some sort of imbalance in the brain causing you to think this way.

Again, I have nothing against gays or lesbians I just dont see the need to advertise it.
I love it when ignorance is put on display for everyone to witness. Good job, partner!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:37 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,057,103 times
Quote:
Sigh...

I am 35 - and understand that "gay rights" is nothing but an euthenism for acceptance of a deviant lifestyle. "Your" generation would be my parents generation - i.e the Baby Boomers. My generation(your children) are leading a backlash against free sex, drugs(I do support legalization of most drugs - especially marijuana), and general irresponsibility. You can hide behind what your market surveys tell you, but that is just an excuse to promote something that is wrong. I almost wish that I had been born 20-30 years earlier so that I would have had a chance to prevent what my parent's generation(you and others of your ilk) have done to our Republic. I do not demean my parent's by saying this - whom are both honorable Americans who love our Republic - even though one disagrees with me politically. This nation needs to return to the respect of family, morals, and liberty. Our Republic is eroding by the passing of each day - and people who think like you do are aiding and abetting it.

Let's stop the madness.

God bless America.
It is no wonder that some gay people have such a contempt for some Christians...when all we ever hear is that we are deviants it tends to lead to contempt.

Thankfully there are Christians who accept us as most of us are, find, moral and hard working citizens.

We all want to love, and be loved, to be given the same chances, rights and responsibilities as anybody else.

At my age I hope to see that day...and I will continue to fight for that day.

Most of us don't care if you like us, accept us or even care about us. As fellow humans, and fellow citizens of this country we just want what is rightfully ours.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:38 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Wait for election day in both Washington and California(yes - I predict California will have another go at this) and you will see the results - that marriage is a union between a man and a woman.
Would you like to make a wager on that? If people actually SHOW UP to vote, the numbers imply you would be wrong on that prediction. Doesn't matter anyway, since issues of civil rights should never be left in the hands of public voters... can you imagine where we'd be today, if people were allowed to vote on slavery, segregation, women's rights, etc? The public can be fairly ignorant on these issues, and sometimes it takes the government to slap some sense into us (them). This thread alone proves my point.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Oh for Petes sake. My husband is on our church board and I teach Sunday School. I've never done drugs in my life. I'm a REPUBLICAN, although a very moderate one. We are business owners, we are professionals with advanced degrees, and both my husband's family and mine have been part of our community's leadership through holding public office for generations.

You, on the other hand, know diddly squat about what you're talking about. You're trying to teach intolerance in the name of Jesus--all I can guess is that you're either one of those kids who grew up "unchurched" and was drawn to the most nutty, radical christian group you could find because you didn't know any better, or you grew up in a nutty radical denomination. Mainline Christian denominations don't preach or believe the things you are saying--in fact, they find them counter to Christ's teachings. You are on the radical fringe.
Bingo!

Despite what some people might think, we have a TON of Christians in this area... and for the most part, they are very accepting of gay people & congregants. We even have a good number of Christians who are gay themselves, including a few clergy members - imagine that! I really wish people would stop preaching hate in the name of religion, and that goes for my fellow Jews (mostly just Orthodox) who do that too. Just admit you don't like gays, and quit using the Bible as an excuse.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:42 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
You have just proven my point that you need a man and a woman to produce another human being.

Sex is between a man and a woman. Gay sex is not real sex- when I say this it really bothers the gay crowd. Gay sex is all about pure hedonism and pleasure seeking...It feels good like real sex but it is not real sex it is quazi sex or- simulated sex...For instance when a man is getting oral sex from a woman- it is not really sex...there is no such thing as oral sex....It is stimulation and strictly re-creational activity. Nothing wrong with finding ways of maximizing pleasure...but it as mentioned is re-creational and not creational...

Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
You have just proven my point that you need a man and a woman to produce another human being.

Ummm, was anyone ever denying that? But I don't see how that's related to gay rights, and particularly not to a gay-themed JCPenney ad... so what's your point, exactly? I didn't realize making babies was a requirement for becoming a print model, LOL. For that matter, how do we even know these men are actually gay? Plenty of straight men play gay roles in film, television, ads, etc, in case you weren't aware.

I guess we shouldn't use single women in ads anymore, since they (we) aren't in a child-producing union either - and definitely no middle-aged women, as they're likely post-menopausal!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:48 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Sex is between a man and a woman. Gay sex is not real sex- when I say this it really bothers the gay crowd. Gay sex is all about pure hedonism and pleasure seeking...It feels good like real sex but it is not real sex it is quazi sex or- simulated sex...For instance when a man is getting oral sex from a woman- it is not really sex...there is no such thing as oral sex....It is stimulation and strictly re-creational activity. Nothing wrong with finding ways of maximizing pleasure...but it as mentioned is re-creational and not creational...
Interesting definition of sex that you've got.

So, if a girl orally pleases 1000 men with her mouth and anus, she can still say that she hasn't had sex - as long as her vagina hasn't been penetrated. Got it.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Riiiiiight... because heterosexual people never engage in oral sex, anal sex, or use protection to prevent pregnancy. FAIL!!!

FYI, the American Heritage medical definition of sexual intercourse is as follows: "Coitus between humans. Sexual union between humans involving genital contact other than vaginal penetration by the penis." Another definition by the Collins English Dictionary includes "the act carried out for procreation OR FOR PLEASURE" so you fail on that point too. Not really sure how this matters, anyway, since (as I said above) there's no requirement of baby-making abilities to model for a commercial advertisement.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Interesting definition of sex that you've got.

So, if a girl orally pleases 1000 men with her mouth and anus, she can still say that she hasn't had sex - as long as her vagina hasn't been penetrated. Got it.
That's actually what many kids believe, and I've heard it's an especially common belief (and practice) among those who've been taught "abstinence-only education" or religious laws regarding sex before marriage. I still remember when my rather promiscuous friend was dating a Mormon guy, and she convinced him oral didn't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies