Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 10:24 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
There are other ways to advertise and be "hip". Being gay is not "hip". Just because a younger generation may except it more than an older one in no way makes it "hip". Being gay is no different than having something such as Autism in my opinion. There is some sort of imbalance in the brain causing you to think this way. How is this "hip"?

Again, I have nothing against gays or lesbians I just dont see the need to advertise it.
Your opinion is wrong. Being gay is not a neurological disorder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 10:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Guess they have to try something. Business has slumped badly since the new CEO came in.
I think it slumped because of Degeneres. I have not been to JCP since she stepped in as a spokesperson, and now that JCP has gone "all gay", I will probably never go there again.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:32 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
90% of humanity lives in poverty and the population is already climbing extremely fast.

Breeders would do well to stop breeding so much.
Pfft.. Those of European decent are not over populating. Quite the opposite. And its the SWLP elites that keep destroying the institutions of the 3rd world that encourages the default social safety net of extended families. We need to depopulate the elites of SWPL who are the root cause of it.

Try to update your Malthusian propaganda to the 21st century because your version of it is almost a century old. All of Europe, the Anglo sphere and Japan is in a state of depopulation.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:50 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Pfft.. Those of European decent are not over populating. Quite the opposite. And its the SWLP elites that keep destroying the institutions of the 3rd world that encourages the default social safety net of extended families. We need to depopulate the elites of SWPL who are the root cause of it.

Try to update your Malthusian propaganda to the 21st century because your version of it is almost a century old. All of Europe, the Anglo sphere and Japan is in a state of depopulation.
Not letting gay people get married won't result in more people having babies.
Letting gay people get married isn't going to make fewer people have babies either. In fact, if gay families were given the equality they are asking for, you'd probably see more gay families adopting or procreating through in vitro or surrogate. Then...Voila!! More babies!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Damn don't make a difference if the JCP'S i go to have gains or not. Some of the stores are not doing good, some are, so many are not, even with the new format. Dang, i know so many people who give me good deals from the store, real good deals.
This CEO use to work with STEVE JOBS, he ought to know something about business no!

After i posted i talked to one of the managers of one JCP stores out here that is having gains and doing really good. But she said not all of the stores are doing as well as her store.

Heard someone in Target complaining the other day, ran in to the grocery section to get a few items. The women was complaing about not getting that many hours. I asked her about her store, she says that business has not picked up that good since Jan, she thinks consumer confidence is just not there yet. She was only getting about 28 hours a week. She says they are praying that summer months change things. And the Christmas Season.

Dang this is not the change people want, is it.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Sick of what ?I don't understand. How does this ad affects you ? why does it make you so angry ?
There is the standard refrain from the left - everything has to affect someone personally to be bad...yadda,yadda,yadda....

Sigh...

Old 06-01-2012, 12:54 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,942,317 times
Free Market FTW!

Old 06-01-2012, 01:00 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
There are 8 threads advocating homosexuality on the first page of "Politics and Other Controversies" right now.

Why are you people so hell bent on being in everybody's face about your sexual "preference"?

You're not winning anyone over by ramming your agenda down their throats, so to speak.

Teaching little kids to be homosexuals is awful. A form of child abuse.
Very good point. Before they became the gay army - the homosexual activists just said they wanted to be left alone, not harrassed by the police in public, allowed to do what they wished in their bedroom, and live their lives and their lifestyle without any fuss. They are able to do all that now - mission accomplished, right?

Apparently not - general tolerance is not enough. Now the gay army has been organized and they want not just tolerance but forced acceptance of homosexual relationships and homosexual sex - so they push for gay adoption, gay marriage, indoctrination of schoolchildren, and one can't go a single day without hearing some gay army foot soldier ramming their agenda down everybodys throat.

I thought it was all about people minding their business, staying out of the bedroom, and living and let live?

Apparently, it is bigger than that. So from this moment on I had better not hear a single gay army foot soldier ask me to "stay out of their business" - It is you who is making your lifestyle everyone elses business.

Most of us don't care what you do in your bedroom or if you want to be together with your partner in public - I don't. I don't agree with it - but I will not advocate for your actions to be outlawed. We don't appreciate your lifestyle being shoved in our face and the constant clamor that you are somehow special.

If you want to be left alone - then be quiet and live your life. Don't be surprised that you get attention if you jump up and down and scream.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:09 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Not letting gay people get married won't result in more people having babies.
Letting gay people get married isn't going to make fewer people have babies either. In fact, if gay families were given the equality they are asking for, you'd probably see more gay families adopting or procreating through in vitro or surrogate. Then...Voila!! More babies!
Not really the point I was making. The point I am making is the hatred that SWPL has for it own race. The effete ,narrow shouldered, cuckolds that they are, this is how they passive agressively display it.

What if Nigeria had an ad of two gay black men raising European children? Would this not be just as disturbing? What market are they selling to? Ads aim for markets.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
There are 8 threads advocating homosexuality on the first page of "Politics and Other Controversies" right now.

Why are you people so hell bent on being in everybody's face about your sexual "preference"?

You're not winning anyone over by ramming your agenda down their throats, so to speak.

Teaching little kids to be homosexuals is awful. A form of child abuse.
True. I miss the days when people didn't cram homosexuality down other people's throats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies