Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 04:11 AM

30,359 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Remove "hater", "hypocrite", "bigot", and "homophobe" from their vocabulary and they're speechless.
Remove all of those qualities from your/their attitudes, and you won't have much to say either... sorry for calling a duck a duck. *shrug*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 04:12 AM

33,555 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Remove "hater", "hypocrite", "bigot", and "homophobe" from their vocabulary and they're speechless.
Remove hatred, hypocrisy and bigotry from your posts and you would have nothing to spew and rant about.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:15 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Sick of what ?I don't understand. How does this ad affects you ? why does it make you so angry ?

There are 8 threads advocating homosexuality on the first page of "Politics and Other Controversies" right now.

Why are you people so hell bent on being in everybody's face about your sexual "preference"?

You're not winning anyone over by ramming your agenda down their throats, so to speak.

Teaching little kids to be homosexuals is awful. A form of child abuse.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:15 AM

Quote:
If you don't understand the anger, then you are most likely part of the immoral gay agenda.
Yep... I do believe we have a strategic planning meeting next Thursday! My place this month, right? Don't forget the punch and pie, Fiyero.

Quote:
Homosexual behavior is a sin.
Only if you're a self-righteous "Christian," so thankfully this comment does not apply to me or many other Americans. You're free to believe whatever you want, but please refrain from shoving it down our throats... as you all (rather curiously) love to say about gay people, LOL.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
When I was a kid, I hated getting clothes from JC Penny because I thought they were gay, so the two dads marketing campaign isn't telling me anything I didn't already know. Doesn't really matter though. I don't know of a gay niche outside of New York, Key West or San Francisco. This pro-homosexual marketing strategy is doomed to failure. Consumers just want to buy the products a store has to offer. They don't like it when a retailer gets all preachy and up in their business.
How is this targeted marketing or "getting preachy?" Do you feel the same when an ad features a man, woman & baby - that they're preaching about the nuclear family, and isolating those of us without spouses and/or children? The world is made up of all sorts of people, and I don't think ONE ad featuring a same-sex couple qualifies as preaching. Matter of fact, I wouldn't even be aware of this ad if not for the million nags... I mean, million moms.

I remember folks saying similar things about those 1980's Benetton ads, how they were pushing multiculturalism, using "token" minorities, alienating Middle America, etc. Didn't seem to hurt their business any, actually it kinda put them on the map. And does anyone even blink at a multicultural ad these days?

Old 06-01-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
There are 8 threads advocating homosexuality on the first page of "Politics and Other Controversies" right now.

Why are you people so hell bent on being in everybody's face about your sexual "preference"?

You're not winning anyone over by ramming your agenda down their throats, so to speak.

Teaching little kids to be homosexuals is awful. A form of child abuse.
Who is teaching kids to be homosexuals...Is that what you really believe? Ridiculous... What parents and schools here teach their kids is that homosexuality does indeed exist, and that a few people are born that way and eventually become attracted to the same sex....Do you actually think it's better to keep children ignorant of this fact? All that does is breed misunderstanding and more prejudice.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:32 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,763,837 times
I have no problem with gays but to advertise it like that is not right. Keeping children ignorant of the fact does not breed a misunderstanding. Children have it hard enough growing up, why make it more confusing for them. If they are in fact gay let them figure it out themselves. With all this blatent advertising children may get the wrong message and start to wonder about their own sexuality even if there wasnt a problem to begin with. What happened to traditional family values?
If your gay your gay but let it happen naturally, dont try to sprinkle your rainbow over everyone.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I have no problem with gays but to advertise it like that is not right. Keeping children ignorant of the fact does not breed a misunderstanding. Children have it hard enough growing up, why make it more confusing for them. If they are in fact gay let them figure it out themselves. With all this blatent advertising children may get the wrong message and start to wonder about their own sexuality even if there wasnt a problem to begin with. What happened to traditional family values?
If your gay your gay but let it happen naturally, dont try to sprinkle your rainbow over everyone.
Yup, treat your kids like mushrooms, keep them in the dark and feed them bull crap...So what if they wonder about their sexuality, because if they are gay they were born that way, and if they not the same applies...Exposing them to the truth about human sexuality will NOT turn them gay, but will do a lot to remove whatever confusion they may have.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Yeah, let them figure it out for themselves... that's always a GREAT idea when it comes to issues of a sexual nature. Good thinking.

Not that a picture of two clothed men is exactly sexual, or even somewhat explicit - so why would you need to explain this ad to your kids? They probably won't notice or understand the concept anyway, unless you make it into a big deal. Heck, my 4yo niece just announced that she's going to marry her little brother one day. Should we have a long & detailed talk with her about incest?

Old 06-01-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
remove hatred, hypocrisy and bigotry from your posts and you would have nothing to spew and rant about.
jinx - 1,2,3.... haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies