Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 04:16 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, he was a marijuana user.

so what does that prove!! lots of creeps drink beer and wine to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
Rodney King was just found dead, news article said he smoked dope, drank then hopped in his pool.
it was definetely the booze that drowned him.. drinking alcohol and taking a dip will surly do you in

Old 06-17-2012, 05:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
what could be better than legalizing a god given plant that has so many uses...
All plants are God given, including poppy, coca, poison ivy and other poisonous plants and weeds. That does not mean they should all be approved for human consumption.

Quote:
i can speak with experience on that one,, and you cant because you never smoked greed bud,,
If you say so If you want to come here and confess your criminal activities, then that is up to you, but don't expect everyone else to do the same.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-17-2012 at 05:52 PM..

Old 06-17-2012, 05:39 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussar1683 View Post

What is more dangerous is the rat poisons & other poisons & cutters the dangerous drug dealers put in the marijuana.
I have never seen or heard of anyone adding something to marijuana. That makes no sense no matter how you look at it. A buyer would see such a thing and not buy it.
Why would a dealer do that anyway? Such poisons would make the Marijuna taste like crap and make it unmarketable.
It's the powder drugs that get cut to increase the amount so they can make more profit.
And again, if anything is added to a street drug that makes someone sick, the dealer is shooting himself in the foot because he won't get return customers.
It's my understanding that most powder drugs are cut with B12, which is a vitamin.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:55 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I have never seen or heard of anyone adding something to marijuana. That makes no sense no matter how you look at it. A buyer would see such a thing and not buy it.
Why would a dealer do that anyway? Such poisons would make the Marijuna taste like crap and make it unmarketable.
It's the powder drugs that get cut to increase the amount so they can make more profit.
And again, if anything is added to a street drug that makes someone sick, the dealer is shooting himself in the foot because he won't get return customers.
It's my understanding that most powder drugs are cut with B12, which is a vitamin.
It does happen. I believe someone mixed something in the pot of the Miami Zombie, or are you saying it was clean pot which made him eat the other guy's face? I also know a guy who was visiting down here and he bought pot in Miami and it was laced with something that made him flip.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:57 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,027 times
Default One-sided info from treatment centers

[quote=Finn_Jarber;24617226]Are you serious? Let me ask you, are you actually arguing pot smoking does not cause fuzzy memory while you are high?

Since you lack personal experience, you should read up a little so you would know what we are talking about. It took me 15 secs to find medical articles for you Effects of Marijuana - The Health Effects of Marijuana

The short-term effects of marijuana include:Sometimes marijuana use can also produce anxiety, fear, distrust, or panic.[/quote

This part is pretty accurate, though not all users experience all of these effects every time. The article goes on to misleading statements, quotes a poor study, tries to make conclusions from theory. One study thought it caused cancer, but over 60 published medical studies show it can fight cancer.

Anecdotal claims recently made report curing cancer & other fatal illnesses using cannabis oil. Cannabis oil was in pharmacies until 1937. Now we have a cancer epidemic from 85,000 approved toxins.

Smoking it is probably inadequate help for those with cancer, but can slow or stop growth of cancer for some. So far, three cannabinoids, THC, CBD (cannabidiol), & CBN (cannabinol) have been identified as cancer fighters.

I'm not aware of any verifiable deaths as a direct result of use. That theory that raising pulse would result in 4 times the risk of heart attack in 1st hour, for healthy people wouldn't apply, just like people with at least a fairly normal heart can do strenuous activity. Presumably those with pacemakers and those diagnosed with heart failure wouldn't use it.

Another claim I doubt is many cannabis users have chronic bronchitis. Many users believe that, even. But the warm smoke dries the throat & the dryness causes cough. Isn't it strange that the cough likely does not happen if drinking something cold at the same time? But many don't know when a friend will say let's smoke some in a place with no cold drink available. And some users wrongly believe there is no effect if there is no cough, so they don't think a cold drink is important.

Dr. Lester Grinspoon, retired from Harvard, on his website has identified 126 medical conditions where cannabis sometimes works better than anything prescription. He's probably the top expert. Before he really studied it, he was strongly opposed to it.

I recommend Wikipedia for generally accurate info on cannabis ("marijuana"). There's more there than almost anyone could stand to read, with info sources cited. Granny Storm Crow's list has over 1,000 published medical papers that generally report the positives. Most consider the typical negatives insignificant, compared to what many of the prescription drugs do.

25% of Americans are in chronic pain. I think that speaks volumes about Drs. & Big Pharma. Big Pharma's poisons are given to 1 year olds, and some worry about adults using cannabis. Also, many babies don't make it to 1 year old in US & some suspect this is caused by all the virtually forced multiple vaccines containing mercury & who knows what else.

Just like prescription meds, not everyone reacts the same to cannabis. There are about 2,000 strains of cannabis & that will make reactions good or bad vary with the strain.

The strains with Cannabis Sativa dominant will have higher THC & said to be cerebral high. These have a somewhat shorter effect and permit functioning somewhat normally.

Strains where Cannabis Indica is dominant are called body high as they block physical pain signals to the brain, by causing numbness. Slangily referred to as "couch-lock" as a person may just want to sit still & think about how good they feel, or engage in trivial things. It's for times when a person doesn't need to work efficiently.

I don't know everything about cannabis, but have read about 5,000-10,000 pages from the many millions of search results. The liars tend to be those with a large financial stake. Cannabis re-legalization would determine who had exactly what part of a few trillion dollars, that's why so many negative articles from industries that put their "spin" on it. Best wishes to all!

Old 06-17-2012, 06:02 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
Rodney King was just found dead, news article said he smoked dope, drank then hopped in his pool.
The CNN article states that there was no paraphernalia or signs of anything that would suggest intoxication.
We won't no for sure until after a toxicology is done, so it's best not to make any declarations in support of your side until the facts are out for all to see.

King battled with alcoholism, it's possible he was drunk. It's also possible that he passed out from the heat. Maybe he stood up too fast in the heat and got dizzy and fell into the pool.
He could have had a stroke or heart attack.

It really irks me when something bad happens to someone who smokes marijuana and instantly all the anti-marijuana people start pointing fingers saying, "see! It's bad for you"

People who have never smoked do not know what it does to a person. All they have to go on is what they are told and even then, they choose to believe what they want without any experience to support it.

'pot makes you dumb and lazy' - yet millions of people go about everyday life responsibly, who smoke.
Don't put the simple pot head into the same catagory as drug dealers and social degenerates.
'pot is a gateway drug' - a person who is looking to get high will start with and take what ever comes their way first. It's the person, no the substance.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
All plants are God given, including poppy, coca, poison ivy and other poisonous plants and weeds. That does not mean they should all be approved for human consumption.

If you say so If you want to come here to confess your criminal activities, then that is up to you, but don't expect everyone else to be that dumb.

aww gee half this island smokes,, in ten years it's going to be legal almost everywhere..

like i said i would rather smoke herb than drink alcohol, so i make it my choice

and don't forget about the great "obama" our great potus admitted on tape that he used marijuana and>> blow and he is the president so i guess that makes our great potus a crimminal. right??

i drink no booze, i take no prescription drugs unless absolutely necessary, i dont do hard drugs of any kind.. i just smoke some low grade herb.. a nuber 3 out of a ten

remember weed is legal in a lot of places if you have med card,, in canada police see weed as they see some one drinking beer.. you brainwashed few are getting way out numbered..

just a reminder to rub in.. 17 states have med marijuana laws to date, virginia to be number 18

Last edited by cruxan; 06-17-2012 at 06:11 PM..

Old 06-17-2012, 06:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
It really irks me when something bad happens to someone who smokes marijuana and instantly all the anti-marijuana people start pointing fingers saying, "see! It's bad for you"
Swimming pools can be dangerous...should we ban them?? Hahaha.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Swimming pools can be dangerous...should we ban them?? Hahaha.

my brother knocked out his front teeth in a swiming pool,, a good friends brother drowned in a pool when hes was like 2 years old.. definitely swimming pools should be made illegal...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies