Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 02:38 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, that's just you twisting my words.
No, that is just condensing you nonsense down to its essential elements.

Let's make criminals out of the mentally ill might be another way to put it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 02:42 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,677,517 times
Here is how I see marijuana being harmful-
The plant is not damaging dispite what studies others have posted.
The physical aspects of the plant upon individuals is no different than any other substance.
Everyone has a different body chemesty and just as some should stay away from gluten foods, some should stay away from Marijuana. It's not for everyone. And I do find the argument that alcohol is legal but pot is not very valid since alcohol is far more harmful, and deadly to innocent people than marijuana. It's totally hypocritical to allow alcohol but not marijuana.
The alcohol problem is NOT resolved. People still get drunk and drive. When that ends, then the problem will be resolved. But just having laws and the ability to arrest a drunk driver fixes nothing.
Smoking marijuana is not the same as smoking a commercial ciggarette. Ciggarette burn at a higher temprature than marijuana. Tobacco constricts the lungs, marijuana expands the lungs and is an expectorant.
Got phlegm?
Where I have seen the most damage in my 20+ years of living in an area that is known for it's commercial grows, people have been shot & poisoned. The Mexican cartel comes into the area bringing big guns and grows on public land. They shoot at anyone who comes near and when they are done they leave a big mess.
The greedy locals run wherehouse size operations on deisel generators and many times the deisel gets spilled and finds its way into the waterways. People down hill get their water from springs and wells that are contaminated by the deisel making them very sick.
Remove the big $ factor by making it legal and this sort of damage will decrease.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:52 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
No, that is just condensing you nonsense down to its essential elements.

Let's make criminals out of the mentally ill might be another way to put it.
Thanks for proving my point about word twisting. Such tactic is an old and trusted tool of the pro-narcotic crowd.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point about word twisting. Such tactic is an old and trusted tool of the pro-narcotic crowd.
You're welcome. Just pointing out your bizzaro world logic.

How about we decriminalize personal behavior and treat illnesses WHEN and IF they need treatment.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
How about we decriminalize personal behavior and treat illnesses WHEN and IF they need treatment.
Sure, let's just remove all laws, and then deal with the consequences later on other people's dime. How about you move to another country and become a burden on them as opposed to us.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:41 PM

101 posts, read 296,592 times
Marijuana is no more dangerous than Alcohol.

What is far more dangerous are the gangs who sell marijuana & get rid & destroy our neighborhoods over drugs.

I am a Conservative a Libertarian.
I certainly don't think we should promote Marijuana as good.
It is potentially dangerous.

What is more dangerous is the rat poisons & other poisons & cutters the dangerous drug dealers put in the marijuana.

I am sick of higher taxation rates to pay for prisons & increased police protection needed to deal with this Marijuana issue,

Old 06-17-2012, 03:44 PM

467 posts, read 665,226 times
Rodney King was just found dead, news article said he smoked dope, drank then hopped in his pool.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
Rodney King was just found dead, news article said he smoked dope, drank then hopped in his pool.
Yes, he was a marijuana user.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Sure, let's just remove all laws, and then deal with the consequences later on other people's dime. How about you move to another country and become a burden on them as opposed to us.
Where has decriminaliztion increased the public's burden? You would think that empty prisons would relieve the burden quite a bit if that's your real concern.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:13 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
I am just saying it is a weak argument trying to justify the legalization of pot. You need to come up with something better.

what could be better than legalizing a god given plant that has so many uses..

it's the best know natural fiber in the world..

its good for sick people with all kinds of ailments

makes crappy food tast better

it is safer than alcohol, and i can speak with experience on that one,, and you cant because you never smoked greed bud,, i quit drinking alcohol, it is just to powerful of a drug!!! 80 proof legal acohol will send you to another demension,, gods good green just makes you relaxed and alert.. so i choose the lesser of evils, the all natural god given green...simple as that.. no bs , no propaganda,, just the plain old truth...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies