Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2012, 08:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
i never get paranoid on pot !!!
Pot never made you paranoid? Ever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 08:11 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Feel free to launch an anti-alcohol crusade

you like to cherry pick the parts of the post to suit you own needs.. why don't you quote the whole post

no,, i still believe that if people want to drink alcohol that is there choice,, should be the same with marijuana,>> a choice..

Old 06-18-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:

i would not have any fingers if i got paranoid.. like i said i work with dangerous tool most of them have blades..

got a guy delivering a big mahogany tree today and i will med up, just before i mill it up... sucks i only get half of this tree

Old 06-18-2012, 08:16 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
you like to cherry pick the parts of the post to suit you own needs.. why don't you quote the whole post

no,, i still believe that if people want to drink alcohol that is there choice,, should be the same with marijuana,>> a choice..

As do I.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:22 AM

signing off for the day got to get ready for that big tree.... puff,, puff>> i'll be back!!! hopefully with all me fingers knock, knock, knock on wood...

Old 06-18-2012, 08:24 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,677,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I do not think Marijuana is harmless. I believe it is a drug of some sort. I myself would never smoke anything, because smoking tobacco or marijuana or hashish is simply not a healthy practice. I am not in favor of legalizing it either. Having said that, it seems reasonable to me that decriminalizing marijuana for medical reasons is acceptable. I have an elderly aunt who lives near Miami in her 90's that is declining health ... she has no appetite and is losing weight and alarmingly so. When I visited her 2 weeks ago I joked with her that maybe she should take medical marijuana (I think it comes in pill form called Marinol) as I heard it stimulates the appetite.
Marijuana is a drug, no one is disagreeing with that.
A drug is any substance that alters your body chemistry. Sugar, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, all drugs.
Marinol is not medical marijuana, it is a lab made drug that people have tried and says does not work.
I'm not surprised.

Here's a bit of some chemistry for ya all....
Aspirin- most of us are aware that it is derived from the Willow.
It was discovered that there was a pain blocking compound in the willow.
This compound was isolated and then reproduced. Yay! Now there is a pain killer in a little white pill.
Decades go by....oh, look, people are getting stomach issues from aspirin, better put some buffers in the aspirin to stop that.
When they isolated the pain killing compound from the willow, they left behind all the other compounds. Those compounds were the built in, natural stomach buffers.
All plants used medicinally have the primary compound for what ever illness/issue. If those compounds happen to be a little hard on the body, the plants already have the other needed compounds to offset any 'side-effects'.

The Marinol pill does not have all the compounds that the intact plant has and that's why it's not working.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:58 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Yea, other wonder drugs back then were morphine, heroin and cocaine Luckily we know better today.
You do realize that we still use them don't you?

Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Yea, other wonder drugs back then were morphine, heroin and cocaine Luckily we know better today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You do realize that we still use them don't you?

Exactly. I've never done them before. Don't do them now, don't have the urge to try them, and wouldn't consider doing them even if they were legal. So the whole "marijuana is a gateway drug" logic is BS!

Old 06-18-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
It affects different people different ways, paranoia come from the fact that it is illegal and therefore the fear of getting caught creates the feeling in the first place. This happens quite often with people who just start smoking and rarely with veteran smokers, who after some point are not as concerned about getting caught

Old 06-18-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
You don't know that.

I don't know, but he found himself wondering on the streets of South Beach in his underwear. Actually I think it was just strong pot.

Before he hit the streets, he was in the hotel room going through the usual pot motions. He went: "Shhhh....did you hear that?", "is someone coming?", "what if they can smell it in the hallway?", "what if someone calls the cops?" "should I flush the rest down the toilet?". I feel sorry for people when they get like that, but it happens all the time to pot heads.

Bath salts or PCP related drug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies