Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 07:08 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The legal limit is five plants. I said they either smuggle it, or grow is ILLEGALLY. Knowledge of this subject is not your strong suit, and you also seem to struggle with comprehension. These issues seem awfully common among the addicts. If you saw what I see in drug users, you would quit immediately, because it is having a devastating effect on your brain.
I've smoked for 44 years, been married for 37, raised & educated 3 kids, had a successful career, and am now retired in my late 50's. My wife & each drive fancy german cars with 3 letter names and we have accumulated 7 figures in retirement savings. We're in the process of wrapping up our working life & moving to the great American southwest where we will soon be building a lovely timber frame home. The users that I socialize with include my family doctor, my lawyer, several other doctors, marketing execs with major banks, etc. Nobody has had any issues with their mind nor have I.

If you experienced what I've experienced, you would know & understand how benign marijuana is. The fact that you simply generalize and refer to every pot smoker as an "addict" shows how uninformed you really are on this matter. Your lack of understanding on this issue is astounding. I have no comprehension issues, I have an extremely successful career behind me and a well deserved comfortable retirement ahead of me. Along with 44 years experience with this substance which when used responsibly by anyone is far easier on the body & mind than alcohol & tobacco are by a country mile.

Sooo.... after 44 years.... when should I expect to see this "devastating effect on my brain"? How will it manifest itself? Will I drool? Will I jabber? Will I lose control of my bladder or bowels? Please do tell me because after 44 years of regular I use, I must say that I have not seen these effects in any users.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 07:08 AM

707 posts, read 688,113 times
Quote:
So have I. Many times. My brother lived there for four years, and before that I made a number of visits there.
Then I'm surprised you didn't see it being grow there

Old 06-19-2012, 07:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
I've smoked for 44 years, been married for 37, raised & educated 3 kids, had a successful career, and am now retired in my late 50's. My wife & each drive fancy german cars with 3 letter names and we have accumulated 7 figures in retirement savings. We're in the process of wrapping up our working life & moving to the great American southwest where we will soon be building a lovely timber frame home. The users that I socialize with include my family doctor, my lawyer, several other doctors, marketing execs with major banks, etc. Nobody has had any issues with their mind nor have I.

If you experienced what I've experienced, you would know & understand how benign marijuana is. The fact that you simply generalize and refer to every pot smoker as an "addict" shows how uninformed you really are on this matter. Your lack of understanding on this issue is astounding. I have no comprehension issues, I have an extremely successful career behind me and a well deserved comfortable retirement ahead of me. Along with 44 years experience with this substance which when used responsibly by anyone is far easier on the body & mind than alcohol & tobacco are by a country mile.

Sooo.... after 44 years.... when should I expect to see this "devastating effect on my brain"? How will it manifest itself? Will I drool? Will I jabber? Will I lose control of my bladder or bowels? Please do tell me because after 44 years of regular I use, I must say that I have not seen these effects in any users.
Our bried conversation revealed that you do have comprehension issues (whether you admit it or not), and I just proved to you that it is you who is uninformed, not me.

People can have careers, even successful ones, while addicted to drugs, so that proves nothing. Kurt Cobain had a successful career while being an addict. Of course we all know how that ended.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:23 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Our bried conversation revealed that you do have comprehension issues (whether you admit it or not), and I just proved to you that it is you who is uninformed, not me.

People can have careers, even successful ones, while addicted to drugs, so that proves nothing. Kurt Cobain had a successful career while being an addict. Of course we all know how that ended.

Smoking bud ocassionally does not make one an addict, anymore than the person who drinks ocassionally.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
You've supplied no peer reviewed studies or other non-objective sources. The links you have supplied have only been from sources who have a vested interest in maintaining the illegality of the substance because they benefit or profit from it in some way. Credibility requires objective sources. Still waiting for one.
No, I supplied dozens of studies from around the world, not just the US.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
Then I'm surprised you didn't see it being grow there
I did not see anything about seeing, ot not seeing something. I said that anything over five plants is illegal, and I said (several times now) that they either smuggle it in from other countries, or grow it ILLEGALLY.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-19-2012 at 07:52 AM..

Old 06-19-2012, 08:18 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
No, I supplied dozens of studies from around the world, not just the US.

i supplied dozens of vids on the good of marijuana!!! it's not my falt that mj haters do not watch them

Old 06-19-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
I don't mind. You can call it whatever you want, and launch any kind of campaign to ban it. Whatever makes you happy.

No, I happen to agree the sentencing for minor drug offences is way to harsh in US, and lands way too many people in prisons. I do not believe you should go to jail for possession of less than 28 grams.

first logical^^^ thing you've said in this thread,, so mind as well legalize it up to 28 grams right

Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:

^^^^^^kurt cobain was a>>> heroin addict!!!! this is a thread about marijuana.. real sly of you subliminally trying to make it look like he killed himself cause of mj nice try!!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
[/color][/b]

first logical^^^ thing you've said in this thread,, so mind as well legalize it up to 28 grams right
I didn't say legalize it, I just don't think it is a serious enough offence to deserve prison time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies