Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 12:02 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Why is it that the "kneegrows" have their "Black caucuses", "Black elected officials" , etc and everything is fine, but if the white elected officials did the same thing it would be a racists problem. Double standards here.
Oh, I dunno... maybe because EVERY official prior to a certain time period was white (not to mention male)? Calling this a "double standard" only shows your ignorance of this nation's history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
I wish the folks here would have the same attitude!
Why are you so "gung ho" about this and the KKK's rights? I support their right to this 100%, but reluctantly and disgustingly so... which is probably the most appropriate feeling here, whereas your rah-rah attitude is a little odd IMO.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
They're both organizations with violent members who hate other people based on skin color and would like nothing more than to eliminate the races they don't like.

Please cite specific incidences of violence sponsored by the NAACP, or statements regarding their desire to eliminate the white race... then, and only then, will I dignify your comment with any further responses.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:08 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,396 times
Quote:
They're both organizations with violent members who hate other people based on skin color and would like nothing more than to eliminate the races they don't like.
In what ways has the NAACP ever tried to eliminate white people? In what ways has the NAACP as an organization or its members as individuals acting on behalf of the NAACP ever engaged in violence? What evidence do you have of the NAACP either being engaged in or endorsing hate-based activity?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
In what ways has the NAACP ever tried to eliminate white people? In what ways has the NAACP as an organization or its members as individuals acting on behalf of the NAACP ever engaged in violence? What evidence do you have of the NAACP either being engaged in or endorsing hate-based activity?
They have none... and quite frankly, I find their attempt to relate these two groups rather disturbing.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:34 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
They have none... and quite frankly, I find their attempt to relate these two groups rather disturbing.
I know there isn't any, and I agree with you. But I find it helpful (if often futile) to try to at least ask for evidence for unsupported claims. Perhaps that will at least make the claimants try to back up their assertions so that we can then argue further without merely being stuck at the level of assertion and counter-assertion. Believe me, I know that you, me, and several other people brought up historical examples upthread to refute the equivalencies that were being made between the KKK and the NAACP. Still waiting for examples to the contrary.

So, once again, can those of you (not gizmo) who are trying to equate the KKK and the NAACP offer any evidence as to their similarities? Feel free to consider the historical roots of these organizations' founding, their dealings with both state and federal courts, as well as their association with both organized and extra-legal campaigns of terror and violence. You might also consider the protest movements they inspired and sustained as well as their associated publications and media campaigns. Also feel free to cite state, federal, appellate, and Supreme Court decisions related to both groups.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Think before you post. You were had. Line thrown out and you hit the lure and ran with it.

The discussion has been between the CBC and KKK. The NAACP hasn't been violent. They do not stop people of all colors from joining. They may take positions I disagree with but they are not the same as the CBC.

If you want to join the NAACP they will allow you to join. If as a person not of color, they will look after those of color first but they will also offer their assistance to you.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:43 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
I say fine as long as they pick up the white trash.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:43 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,164,034 times
Quote:

huh?

Old 06-13-2012, 09:29 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,480,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why are you so "gung ho" about this and the KKK's rights? I support their right to this 100%, but reluctantly and disgustingly so... which is probably the most appropriate feeling here, whereas your rah-rah attitude is a little odd IMO.
Im so "gung ho" because this is a prime example of or constitutional rights being swept away!

Just because everybody stereotypes an entire group, KKK, Black Panthers, Hells Angels, various street gangs, blacks, etc, does NOT mean they ALL are bad.

I am in no way shape or form associated with any hate group, nor do I agree with what the KKK stands for, but I do recognize they are citizens of this country and until an INDIVIDUAL themselves commit a crime, its unfair to discriminate.

Yesterday, this small group that is associated with a known hate group has been discriminated against by the state. Id feel the same if it were any other group or person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies