Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 08:34 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
The top 400 payers paid almost as much as the lower 50%. Yes, tax them to death, make them move to Bahamas, Monte Carlo and then wonder who is going to fill the gap resulted by the laws of taxes.

You see, bud, the super rich can live anywhere they want, they have enough money to move their entire families to tax haven countries. The rest of us (me) don't. We are stuck here so if you come up with more great ideas how to further ********** country up keep them to yourself, OK?
So you really believe if we stop kissing the wealthiest peoples behind they would leave? That is the dumbest thing that I ever heard! The rich got where they are by exploiting the poor and feeding off of the middle class. Please name one rich person that got where they are by themselves. If they all left that means that the middle class will simply fill in the void and will become the new wealthy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 09:11 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
Shhhh, careful or the rich kid will take his ball and bat and go home,

We'll play along for a while longer and beat him up in the parking lot after the 9th inning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So you really believe if we stop kissing the wealthiest peoples behind they would leave? That is the dumbest thing that I ever heard! The rich got where they are by exploiting the poor and feeding off of the middle class. Please name one rich person that got where they are by themselves. If they all left that means that the middle class will simply fill in the void and will become the new wealthy

Old 06-20-2012, 09:17 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Zuckenberg the founder of Facebook. Bill Gates. Steve Jobbs. Can the commie propaganda, comrade!
Nobody is exploiting anybody; some people are simply smarter, more ambitious and entrepreneurial than others.

Last edited by rebel12; 06-20-2012 at 09:26 AM..

Old 06-20-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
It's not anybody's fault that you are uneducated and poor. Don't take it up on other people.
Ad hominem is a sure sign you are out of valid arguments.

One I'm not poor, and two, I'm not uneducated. But keep those false perceptions going... It fits everything else coming out of the thick skull of yours.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:28 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Shhhh, careful or the rich kid will take his ball and bat and go home,

We'll play along for a while longer and beat him up in the parking lot after the 9th inning...
I am not rich partner. I live comfortably but I worked for it and would hate to see somebody take it away from me.
I really don't understand why those that struggle, risk should have to pay for those who chose to spend all day in bed?

Old 06-20-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I am not rich partner. I live comfortably but I worked for it and would hate to see somebody take it away from me.
I really don't understand why those that struggle, risk should have to pay for those who chose to spend all day in bed?
I've earn the right to lay in bed, if I want, I have busted my butt since I was a small kid. I have earned my early retirement and all the umbrella drinks I want.

Selling a snake oil "fair tax" scheme, a consumption tax, that would tax my wealth AGAIN was never part of the bargain and is a non starter. I've been taxed, no thanks. It is a scheme push be the uber wealthy with hundreds of billion bottled up in unrealized cap gain that are looking for another tax holiday that only benefits them.

Last edited by buzzards27; 06-20-2012 at 10:37 AM..

Old 06-20-2012, 09:56 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I've earn the right to lay in bed, if I want, I have busted my butt since I was a small kid. I have earned my early retirement and all the umbrella drinks I want.

Selling a snake oil "fair tax" scheme, a consumption tax, that would tax my wealth AGAIN was never part of the bargain and is a non starter. I've been taxed, no thanks. It is a scheme push be the user wealthy with hundreds of billion bottled up in unrealized cap gain that are looking for another tax holiday that only benefits them.
Notice how all of the alternatives to income taxes place the burden at the feet of the class below the elite? Flat taxes and taxing consumption are all ways of moving the burdens of running a government down stream.

If Martians would land in Washington and read the discourse they would conclude that Earth's rich people are short of money.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
The top 400 do not pay their share of the cost of maintaining the country they own and control.

I suggest an Income Tax based on all income from all sources (legal and illegal, foreign or domestic) with a base deductable set at the 90th percentile of income and calculated with an increasing percentage over that. I also suggest a Federal property tax starting at 5% on all real estate and financial assets over 10 million dollars no matter where they are invested or located. In addition there would be tariffs designed to eliminate any cost advantage of offshore production created by slave wages, unsafe working conditions, lax environmental controls and government subsidy.

This tax would start a new round if investment and competition as the under 90% used their money to invest or consume as they chose. The upper 10% would strive harder as they fought to maintain their wealth and privilege.

Corporations would pay a 50% of profits tax after all costs, including dividends, was accounted. This would reduce the corporate proclivity to retain profits in offshore financial havens instead of reinvesting in tools, machinery and people.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:39 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,936,908 times
Quote:
Zuckenberg the founder of Facebook. Bill Gates. Steve Jobbs. Can the commie propaganda, comrade!
Nobody is exploiting anybody; some people are simply smarter, more ambitious and entrepreneurial than others.
Many of the super rich are inheritors.
Nobody who is making a living off of interest income, with paid money managers and advisors, is "smarter" than anybody else.
This notion that wealth is proportional to ambition and brains is just a Fox guilt trip on the lower classes. A brainy, dedicated, and ambitious teacher, for instance, will never become wealthy - yet his/her job is important. Notice that most of the super rich are in finance or commerce - so nothing else is important?

Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,936,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Notice how all of the alternatives to income taxes place the burden at the feet of the class below the elite? Flat taxes and taxing consumption are all ways of moving the burdens of running a government down stream.

If Martians would land in Washington and read the discourse they would conclude that Earth's rich people are short of money.
Limbaugh has said as much - some fractured reasoning that the wealthy's income is "not spendable income" as opposed to that of the too-well-off welfare recipient. He was making the case that the welfare recipient is the truly wealthy one, as opposed to the truly impoverished rich person whose wealth is "all tied up in bank paperwork".
With that the case, makes me wonder why people strive so hard to be rich.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies