Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 08:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Limbaugh has said as much - some fractured reasoning that the wealthy's income is "not spendable income" as opposed to that of the too-well-off welfare recipient. He was making the case that the welfare recipient is the truly wealthy one, as opposed to the truly impoverished rich person whose wealth is "all tied up in bank paperwork".
With that the case, makes me wonder why people strive so hard to be rich.....
Well -- he sounds right. If you have your money invested, then you don't have it to spend.

It's difficult to find a welfare family that doesn't have cell phones, expensive shoes, the more expensive brand label foods in their grocery carts, a big screen television and cable, video game players with many $60 games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I find it quite ironic that people who are inherently poor, the ones who are fiscally mediocre at best, wish to dictate how this country's top earners should be managing their money. It surely must be bliss.
steven_h wow, LOL well said.

that is why they like this president so much. He runs the country like the financially uneducated do and now this country is just like them.. BROKE! Goood going

What is even crazier is they think they know what they are talking about.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I am not rich partner. I live comfortably but I worked for it and would hate to see somebody take it away from me.
I really don't understand why those that struggle, risk should have to pay for those who chose to spend all day in bed?
Rebel, I like how you say it like it is. You live comfortably but it sounds like you are not uber rich but hey this tax hike (the highest in US history) is going to hit people like you and me hard.

NOT ONE of these people who think doing this is the greatest thing wants a dime taken from them. Increase taxes on anyone making more than me is what they think. If they deny it they are lying. I bet if anyone tried to reach in their pockets they would be kicking and fighting it all the way.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Shhhh, careful or the rich kid will take his ball and bat and go home,

We'll play along for a while longer and beat him up in the parking lot after the 9th inning...
Of course, call it what you will but OF COURSE THEY WILL. Let someone rob you blind and you would stay for more??? lol

Old 06-20-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
The top 400 payers paid almost as much as the lower 50%. Yes, tax them to death, make them move to Bahamas, Monte Carlo and then wonder who is going to fill the gap resulted by the laws of taxes.

You see, bud, the super rich can live anywhere they want, they have enough money to move their entire families to tax haven countries. The rest of us (me) don't. We are stuck here so if you come up with more great ideas how to further ********** country up keep them to yourself, OK?
yet Obama and people would expect them to stay. But they will leave and they will employ people in other countries. Whats so hard for people to understand.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:16 PM

United States-based companies and hardworking Americans face a steadily growing problem, one oddly self-imposed by the American public and Uncle Sam. Our current tax system puts businesses and workers at a competitive disadvantage in the global market and discourages companies from investing in operations here at home.

On Sunday, April 1, Japan lowered its corporate tax rate, leaving the United States with the highest effective rate among developed countries: 39.2 percent.

Companies will move their operations to another country and there will be less jobs for Americans which means less revenue for the government. In the end because the government revenue will drop they will have to increase taxes again "and" lower the threshold of income level they increase taxes on.

So vote your jobs away and vote for higher taxes.

Last edited by eRayP; 06-20-2012 at 11:28 PM..

Old 06-20-2012, 11:20 PM

The above said in a few words! There are very little jobs available here in the America.

Translated for our Spanish speaking Illegals
Lo anterior, dijo en pocas palabras! Hay puestos de trabajo disponibles muy poco aquí en los Estados Unidos.

People are voting for higher taxes on job creators and our job creators are picking up their baseball bat and ball and leaving America.

Translated for our Spanish speaking Illegals
La gente está votando a favor de impuestos más altos sobre los generadores de empleo y de nuestros creadores de empleo están mejorando su bate de béisbol y la pelota e irse los Estados Unidos.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:54 PM

United States with the highest effective Corporate tax rate. Operating under a higher tax rate automatically puts U.S. based firms at a competitive disadvantage to their foreign competitors. Companies today have fewer deterrents from relocating their operations to areas that provide the most economically conducive environment also helping these companies stay competitive.

Translation to Democratic:
Companies close American bases and move -> Americans lose jobs

Vote your jobs away!

Old 06-20-2012, 11:56 PM

We've already seen this at a state level. California, with the most burdensome state tax systems, has witnessed companies relocate at an accelerating pace at 5 per week.

Translation:
Employers leaving and employees lose jobs.

Vote for higher taxes -> vote your job away

Old 06-21-2012, 04:26 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- he sounds right. If you have your money invested, then you don't have it to spend.
Then it isn't income. Stocks that rise in price, real estate that appreciates, etc., aren't income until they are sold. At that point they are case and the difference between their cost basis and the selling price is income, subject to taxation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's difficult to find a welfare family that doesn't have cell phones, expensive shoes, the more expensive brand label foods in their grocery carts, a big screen television and cable, video game players with many $60 games.
How do you know that this is so common? Do you know many welfare recipients or are you just expressing a vague notion that you believe without evidence?

My experience is that poor people live on a lower standard than others -- living in a lower standard of housing; either have no car or a very old one; eat cheaper food; and do not spend on luxuries, as a rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Limbaugh has said as much - some fractured reasoning that the wealthy's income is "not spendable income" as opposed to that of the too-well-off welfare recipient. He was making the case that the welfare recipient is the truly wealthy one, as opposed to the truly impoverished rich person whose wealth is "all tied up in bank paperwork".
With that the case, makes me wonder why people strive so hard to be rich.....
Actually, I said nothing like that. Limbaugh's statement is debunked two paragraphs above. Limbaugh is an idiot if he thinks "welfare recipient is the truly wealthy." Perhaps he wants to test this theory by trading his riches for welfare? We can see how "impoverished" the fat idiot is, with his seven Maybach cars and luxury estate. I can't imagine how he manages such suffering.

Last edited by MTAtech; 06-21-2012 at 04:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies