Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 11:20 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times

Advertisements

Do people still say "it takes one to know one?" Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 11:25 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Monkey slurs come from people with little brains not neighborhoods...
I agree, but the point that your posts and similar ones from other posters implying that the average black person is immature, violent and lacking in self control are actually reinforcing the stereotype seems to go right over your head.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:31 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Two very predictable replies from a black poster, and how very juvenile and schoolyard! And both supporting another strong stereotype of black people... that they are highly prone to violent outbursts.

Instead of responding to words with more words, as in a discussion or debate, black people quickly resort to making physical attacks. Just as the Rodney King incident proved and any other time that the black community didn't get their way. And what would your precious Martin Luther King Jr think of your solution to being compared to an animal? Shame on ALL of you!!!
You must think that you are very clever. Respond to the response of a poster who, having relied upon logic to make his point over and over again in this thread, finally responds with emotional frustration, and you come in appearing to be the bastion of logical reason and admonish him for the fact that he would respond with physical violence should any white person call him a "monkey" to his face.

We all see what you are doing. It's very predictable of racists. The fact is that Shabazz would not have to resort to physical violence should that situation happen, because that situation would not happen. Racists are seldom explicit nowadays in their racism unless acting on the Internet or in a collective.

Quote:
And know this, that as long as black people respond in such a immature way with these physical outbursts and tantrums, they will never be respected by other races. And as long as blacks use the N word, others will, even if they won't use the word in public themselves, be thinking of it when black people are behaving poorly and in an uncivilized way.
So white people never respond with physical violence in the world? What about Asians? Aren't Asians referred to by racists as "the cruel race"? So much for the semblance of logic you had going above.

Quote:
Violence and even threats of physical violence are NOT the way to earn respect from others and to change others opinions of you. It only makes others wish that you would go away or didn't exist. And angry black men like you is why other races don't want their daughters marrying your kind... not that you're the marrying kind of men. And they think that because of all the unmarried black baby mommas in the US.
The only people who think that one race has to earn the respect of other races are racists. It's sad that you think this way, but you can change through education should you choose to do so. You might start by complicating the way in which you construct race as the singular determinate for behavior and complicate it with socio-economic issues.

Quote:
And right now, I am visualizing SHABAZZ (I really hope that isn't your name in real life) being an angry monkey in a cage at a zoo who is throwing poo at the humans looking at him... and it's not a solution that would make other races admire them.
This sounds like something a *very* young child would say, although that child would most likely say it with an innocence that could not be mistaken for hateful racism and ignorance. You, however, are not in the least bit innocent, now are you. Corrupted by the vile ignorance of racism, YOU we all see quite clearly.

Last edited by helenejen; 06-23-2012 at 11:50 AM..

Old 06-23-2012, 11:38 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
I agree, but the point that your posts and similar ones from other posters implying that the average black person is immature, violent and lacking in self control are actually reinforcing the stereotype seems to go right over your head.
Hold on there! Immature, violent and lacking of self-control! Do you only classify the reactions this way? Why not use that same rule of thumb when it comes to racist remarks or opinions? The items that may trigger such responses! How would you react if someone walked up to your wife in your presence and called her a B or slu*? Would you not kick their ass? Before you say you would just walk away remember this? At one point not too long ago white men used to joust and duel over words. They still do to this day just like other races of people… So if you decide to turn the other cheek it wouldn’t b representative of the normal…

Old 06-23-2012, 11:40 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
So let me get this straight in my head, you would slap a woman for saying something you don't like, and you don't care how anyone else feels about it?

Then again, her portrayal is accurate.

I also find that people who have to resort to violence to address the words someone has said, to be an ANIMAL responding like an ANIMAL, and not an intelligent human response.

Are you an ANIMAL, or an Intelligent Reasoning Human?
Intelligent reasoning human beings don't rely on pathos (emotional appeals) for the crux of an argument. People who invoke the racially-charged epithet of "monkey" to refer to others of another race are not using their reason.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:03 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
His tone suggested violence, another poster stated violence.
As if savage-like behavior would solve anything.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:04 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well I guess the hair of fire lady, whoever the hell that is, is in some trouble. Of course when folks called Bush a monkey all was well in the world of liberal land.
You know the only time I've ever heard Bush referred to as a monkey was when they were comparing him to Curious George...I assumed it was because his first name was George. I didn't realize they were calling Bush a monkey because he was black.

Hmmm the stuff you learn on city data.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:45 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
To the contrary, your fringe opinions express the lowest form of discourse possible from the human mind. It shows there is much evolving left to do before we can have a civil society… Violence is a way of life and so is ignorant speech. One keeps the other in check! You can be all upset that the days of saying whatever you want to black folk without consequence is over or you can deal with it like a grown up… Your choice…
Sorry to hurt your feelings, But you say what YOU want to say, and expect no consequence, why should you hold someone else to a differing standard.

Anger is fine, as long as it's dealt with in an appropriate manner. Violence is fine also, I love violence and practiced violence quite often while on active duty, and have found many people are no good at it. HOWEVER, just because someone says something I don't like, isn't a good reason to respond with violence. I will use violence, to protect someone, or to stop a crime, I won't use it because someone has called me a vile name for someone who is Jewish. Violence, simply because you are angry, is not only stupid, but useless.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:28 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You know the only time I've ever heard Bush referred to as a monkey was when they were comparing him to Curious George...I assumed it was because his first name was George. I didn't realize they were calling Bush a monkey because he was black.

Hmmm the stuff you learn on city data.
I'm still trying to figure out which radio or television personality ever call bush a monkey ON THE AIR???? I was assuming someone would have posted up a link to that already...

Old 06-23-2012, 02:52 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out which radio or television personality ever call bush a monkey ON THE AIR???? I was assuming someone would have posted up a link to that already...
Been posted several times, to a video of it actually taking place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies