Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 12:46 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,789,619 times

Advertisements

The contradiction of a politician touting his local economic success against a national politician running on his opponent's economic failure is one of the funnier things that can happen in a campaign. It takes the talent of a ventriloquist to appear not to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. I wonder if the Florida governor has that talent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 02:13 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,098,001 times
In Romney's America, nary is heard an encouraging word.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:17 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
In Romney's America, nary is heard an encouraging word.
And the skies are cloudy all day.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:01 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
they are actually both right... here is why..I live in Florida for 6 months out of the year. It is not getting much better . Housing is starting to gain some value. Very little value. Now that will probably be erased as the new wave of foreclosures and short sales hit Florida starting this year. I see what is going on . I keep looking at what is coming on the market and value to what is bought.

There are definitely more foreclosures coming. 5 that I know of in a few blocks in my area. This will not make values go up. They might hold their value or go down again, but the values have not come up that much but they have come up and there are lots of buyers to get rid of the foreclosures off the books.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:55 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I do not ignore his individual posts. I ignore him all together. The ignore button is a wonderful thing. Every now and then IMO you make some good points and far less apt to make personal attacks instead of discussing the topic, which is why I don't have you on ignore.

The OP was not about whether the economy is better or worse, but about Romney telling a Republican Governor not to say it is getting better because he wants the people in his state to blame everything that is bad on Obama and do dampen the mood.

Before Scott has said, "'Companies are hiring, expanding, putting more Floridians to work,' 'Florida’s unemployment rate continues to get better.' This is not what Romney wants to hear.

Great!

Then you agree the economy is still in the toilet.

I agree with Romney that it is irresponsible to tell people the economy is improving when it clearly is not.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:13 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Great!

I agree with Romney that it is irresponsible to tell people the economy is improving when it clearly is not.
Well there are two Republicans saying different things. WHich one is the liar?

Old 06-22-2012, 05:34 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Some are here to deflect. They don't like the OP so they choose to attack posters instead of intelligently talking about the topic. Pay them no mind and consider the source.

Back to the topic. It will be interesting to see what Scott does in Response. At the end of the day, he will probably care more about his own political aspirations than those of Romney.
Exactly!

Old 06-22-2012, 05:43 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Great!

Except the economy is improving in FL.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:39 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Well there are two Republicans saying different things. WHich one is the liar?
to the democrats they both are.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:10 PM

580 posts, read 450,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Record foreclosures, yes.
More people out of work, yes.
Higher unemployment for minorities, teens, yes.
Do you really think $6T in deficits are better?

What exactly is better?
As 'Roy' would say, "you didn't read the article at the link, did you".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies