Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 10:58 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,075,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Some of you people make me absolutely sick. How DARE you decide that the baby should never have been born because he/she might go through some hell in life. How DARE you!

I don't tend to get very personal on this forum but I'm going to this time. Do you two not consider me a person? Am I still a fetus or unwanted zygote or cells? Is that what I am to you?

Why do I ask you this?

Because I was born BEFORE Roe vs Wade, THANK GOD, and I can assure you, I was UNwanted. I suffered extreme abuse, extreme sexual and physical abuse. I was almost dead when a social worker stopped by for a visit, knew something was wrong and called police. They found me in a back bedroom in a closet, skin and bones, almost dead. I think I know a thing or two about not being wanted and suffering from neglect and abuse.

Long story short, I was adopted. And I have gone on to live a life just like any other human being.

And you two are going to sit there and say to me it would have been better IF I HAD BEEN ABORTED! There are rules on this forum that prevent me from telling each of you EXACTLY what I think about you. To say that you make me sick to my stomach, that I have never been more disgusted by your comments is an understatement.

If it were left up to you two, I wouldn't be here. Well **** you very much. How DARE you make that decision FOR ME if I live or die because you think my first four years of life weren't "good enough" for me. According to your sick, demented and twisted logic, no child like me should ever have a chance.

**** you.

Abortion is murder and you know it.

See above.

No one ever says, "Hey, put some uncooked kernels in the microwave" they say, "Hey, can you put some popcorn in the microwave?"
And for every abused person who feels as you do......there is one who feels as I do.

I would rather have been aborted than forced on parents who did not want me. I would rather have been aborted than brought into an abusive home. I would rather have been aborted than brought into this life with a handicap.

Should we legislate how I feel into law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 10:59 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,618,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This could be the dumbest argument I've ever heard.

So...the person killed instantly in a car crash doesn't care because he doesn't know he was killed.

So...the person who dies in surgery doesn't care because he was under anesthesia when he died.
Um, you realize that the people who describe have consciousness right? Are you arguing that a fetus has consciousness, knows what reality is, has higher-order feelings like regret, etc?

Can you provide a link to the research that led you to this conclusion?

Quote:
Here's the truth:

I don't much care for kids and I especially don't care for little welfare screamers being given everything they scream for in Wal-Mart. If there were ever a case FOR abortion, those little freaks would be it.

In spite of my general dislike for kids, abortion is murder, no matter how you dice it.

I'm all for using contraceptives or saying no. I am not for killing kids who were conceived through no fault of their own. Killing the parents maybe, but why the helpless kid?

I know there are foolish people who say a fetus is not a life, not a baby, not a real thing. I've got news for you. Once the egg is fertilized, you've got life. Period.
Saying it over and over again, even followed by "Period," doesn't make it true. Don't ask reasonable people to dismiss science and the law for the sake of your imagination.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,233,972 times
Quote:
abortion is murder
No it isn't. The organism growing inside the womb is a fetus and not a newborn since it hasn't drawn in the breath of life yet.

Get your facts straight, jack:

Abortion =/= Murder no matter how you dice it.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,414,007 times
I'm glad I live in Minnesota. High literacy rate, good education, and a high human development index (standard of living).

Old 07-02-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Some of you people make me absolutely sick. How DARE you decide that the baby should never have been born because he/she might go through some hell in life. How DARE you!

I don't tend to get very personal on this forum but I'm going to this time. Do you two not consider me a person? Am I still a fetus or unwanted zygote or cells? Is that what I am to you?

Why do I ask you this?

Because I was born BEFORE Roe vs Wade, THANK GOD, and I can assure you, I was UNwanted. I suffered extreme abuse, extreme sexual and physical abuse. I was almost dead when a social worker stopped by for a visit, knew something was wrong and called police. They found me in a back bedroom in a closet, skin and bones, almost dead. I think I know a thing or two about not being wanted and suffering from neglect and abuse.

Long story short, I was adopted. And I have gone on to live a life just like any other human being.

And you two are going to sit there and say to me it would have been better IF I HAD BEEN ABORTED! There are rules on this forum that prevent me from telling each of you EXACTLY what I think about you. To say that you make me sick to my stomach, that I have never been more disgusted by your comments is an understatement.

If it were left up to you two, I wouldn't be here. Well **** you very much. How DARE you make that decision FOR ME if I live or die because you think my first four years of life weren't "good enough" for me. According to your sick, demented and twisted logic, no child like me should ever have a chance.

**** you.

Abortion is murder and you know it.
TL;DR. Though I'm sure your story is touching and all that good nonsense.

Abortion =/= murder since the fetus never drew in the breath of life nor has the mother pushed he or she into the world yet.

Get your facts straight.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:07 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,075,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
If it were really about whats good for women for you people, you'd be happy about this! What is wrong with wanting someone who knows what they're doing to preform an abortion? So if you don't really care about what's good for women, why are you using that as your argument?

I think this is great!
Thanks to RoevWade......doctors perform abortions.....people who know what they are doing.

You want to ban abortion.....so people who do not know what they are doing will be performing abortions.

So, I don't think you really care about what is good for women.

What you really care about is forcing your beliefs on others.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:08 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,695,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Um, you realize that the people who describe have consciousness right? Are you arguing that a fetus has consciousness, knows what reality is, has higher-order feelings like regret, etc?

Can you provide a link to the research that led you to this conclusion?

Saying it over and over again, even followed by "Period," doesn't make it true. Don't ask reasonable people to dismiss science and the law for the sake of your imagination.
OMG. Just when I think it couldn't get dumber.

So it's OK to kill, say, a 5 day old baby because it doesn't know reality, etc? OK, then.

Reasonable people? Science? That's another good one!

It doesn't matter in the slightest to me what you think because one day, you'll get to answer to God.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,695,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Thanks to RoevWade......doctors perform abortions.....people who know what they are doing.

You want to ban abortion.....so people who do not know what they are doing will be performing abortions.

So, I don't think you really care about what is good for women.

What you really care about is forcing your beliefs on others.
What the hell is wrong with some women that they can't plan their lives any better?

You're really making women look ultra stupid.

Seriously...women who are that stupid should be sterilized. That would solve the abortion problem, too.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
What the hell is wrong with some women that they can't plan their lives any better?

You're really making women look ultra stupid.

Seriously...women who are that stupid should be sterilized. That would solve the abortion problem, too.
Not necessarily because you still have all the guys out there who are sexual predators, addicted to sex, or just wants to bang everything that moves.

Sterilize both parties and the abortion problem might go down.

Maybe.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:17 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,079,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And for every abused person who feels as you do......there is one who feels as I do.

I would rather have been aborted than forced on parents who did not want me. I would rather have been aborted than brought into an abusive home. I would rather have been aborted than brought into this life with a handicap.

Should we legislate how I feel into law?
I would ask you to "self abort" any time your life gets rough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies