Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 01:36 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofDixie View Post
Once again, you're still killing an unborn infant.
You realize "unborn infant" is an oxymoron, right?

Quote:
Don't want to call it murder? Well, good for you. Whatever helps you sleep at night. You might not be charged with a crime, but you're still killing another being.
Those pesky laws and legal definitions!

Quote:
Were they using birth control pills/condoms or has one actually had a surgical procedure?
No idea, but assume it was one of the former.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 01:57 PM

202 posts, read 350,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You realize "unborn infant" is an oxymoron, right?

Oh, really? An infant, per Merriam-Webster, is defined as a child in the first period of life. So, you mean to tell me that a baby, inside the womb, is not even in it's first period of life?

Those pesky laws and legal definitions!

I never argued the legality of abortion. I just find it to be immoral and downright disgusting.

No idea, but assume it was one of the former.

If not having a child was of such utmost importance to them, I am curious as to why one of them did not simply have surgery. It's not that uncommon nowadays. No sperm or no uterus seems to be a bit more reliable than having to remember to take a pill every single day.
Remember, you asked for my suggestion.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:12 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times
Quote:
Oh, really? An infant, per Merriam-Webster, is defined as a child in the first period of life. So, you mean to tell me that a baby, inside the womb, is not even in it's first period of life?
And when do you begin "life"?

Your birthday.

Quote:
I never argued the legality of abortion. I just find it to be immoral and downright disgusting.
But you agree that using legal means to solve the problem of an unwanted pregnancy would be personal responsibility, right?

Quote:
If not having a child was of such utmost importance to them, I am curious as to why one of them did not simply have surgery. It's not that uncommon nowadays. No sperm or no uterus seems to be a bit more reliable than having to remember to take a pill every single day.
Who knows? I sure didn't ask. My assumption is that they weighed the costs, benefits and risks of the birth control against surgery and went with birth control.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:36 PM

202 posts, read 350,612 times
Quote:
And when do you begin "life"?

Your birthday.

Oh, is that a scientific fact? I never knew children in the womb were not alive. Thank you for educating me on things you do not know.

But you agree that using legal means to solve the problem of an unwanted pregnancy would be personal responsibility, right?

I don't find there to be anything responsible about abortion. Like we decided earlier, personal responsibility has different meanings for different people.

Who knows? I sure didn't ask. My assumption is that they weighed the costs, benefits and risks of the birth control against surgery and went with birth control.

Fair enough.
Anyway, it appears we aren't go to agree. I'm happy with Mississippi's decision. It is a very beautiful state that catches a lot of ridicule from people who have never visited.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:20 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
Oh, is that a scientific fact? I never knew children in the womb were not alive. Thank you for educating me on things you do not know.
That's because no child has ever been in a womb. A fetus maybe but no child. That being said aborting a fetus is not the same as murder. Totally different circumstances.

Quote:
I don't find there to be anything responsible about abortion.
Yes because it's so much better for a woman to live in poverty attempting to take care of her child only to be demonized for being a single mother, right? If a woman is responsible enough to realize that she isn't able to take care of a child, no matter the circumstances that got her pregnant, then it's HER choice to make whether or not she decides to have an abortion.

Mississippi isn't even that great of a state. I've been and lived there for a couple of years. Not very impressive and mostly just backwater country roads with a bunch of hillbillies and rednecks who are too bigoted and ignorant for their own good.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:22 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
To me, it should be up to the woman to file murder charges, unless the baby is far along, then the state.
LOL are you serious???

"No, I don't want to charge said person with murder of my fetus....he did me a favor"

What's makes this REALLY silly is you are assuming that in most cases only the fetus gets murdered and the woman survives. So who is it up to when both die?

Old 07-02-2012, 06:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Once again, you're still killing an unborn infant. Don't want to call it murder? Well, good for you. Whatever helps you sleep at night. You might not be charged with a crime, but you're still killing another being.

Were they using birth control pills/condoms or has one actually had a surgical procedure?
Unborn infant?

From now on, I'm calling abortion 'induced miscarriage', because that is what it is. Now, if a woman has a non-induced miscarriage does she get charged with murder?

A woman is 3 months pregnant and through no fault of her own, she miscarries. Shall we arrest her and charge her with the murder of an 'unborn infant'?

Old 07-02-2012, 07:35 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh, so you obviously aren't pro-life. Hypocrite.
You should really learn to read sarcasm better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
That's no my thinking. It's the thinking of the religious right idiots. Don't you know a lot of them fell ALL abortion should be banned?
*raises hand enthusiastically* I do! I do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
LOL.....Well guess what.....people can have as many children as they want, even if they can't afford to take care of them......and YOU will pay to take care of those children and their mothers.....whether you like it or not.
One good thing would come out of banning abortion......watching you throwing fits as your taxes go UP and UP and UP.
I'd rather pay for a miserable life than pay for the murder of an innocent.
Quote:
And for every abused person who feels as you do......there is one who feels as I do.
I would rather have been aborted than forced on parents who did not want me. I would rather have been aborted than brought into an abusive home. I would rather have been aborted than brought into this life with a handicap.
Should we legislate how I feel into law?
Not everyone feels like you do, abused or not. Most of us would rather enjoy life. Forced on parents? Really? They had sex! They could have prevented it using birth control or not having sex. If the first option failed they could have used adoption. No child is "forced on parents", the "parents" make choices and have consequences. The problem with our culture is we have a problem accepting consequence so we are alway looking for the easy way out.

And to your last question: absolutely not.
Quote:
Saying it over and over again, even followed by "Period," doesn't make it true. Don't ask reasonable people to dismiss science and the law for the sake of your imagination.
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Deluded people would be a better description.
Quote:
Thanks to RoevWade......doctors perform abortions.....people who know what they are doing.
You want to ban abortion.....so people who do not know what they are doing will be performing abortions.
So, I don't think you really care about what is good for women.
What you really care about is forcing your beliefs on others.
Do any of my posts give you the impression that I care what you think? If they do, I apologize for giving you that idea.
Quote:
One thing that I'll say for the so-called pro-lifers, they have no problem making their hypocrisy clear for all to see. Disgusting!
This from the person arguing that it is perfectly fine to rid yourself of a child by killing it means absolutely nothing.
Quote:
Why don't men refuse to have sex with a woman unless they know she wants to have a baby?
Why are men so stupid?
Men who have sex with women who do not want a baby should be sterilized.....that would solve the abortion problem too.
It takes two. Nice try though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Many have challenged the word of God. They have failed.
Then there's global warming.
And they wonder why we laugh at them.
Can't rep you anymore. What a shame.
Quote:
Why? In the situation I used in my example, neither of them want children, ever.
It's a court given right, and the courts outrank God.
Yes, and thanks to Roe v. Wade, those who choose not to have children have a backup option when other birth control methods fail.
You really can't argue with anyone that thinks this because they are to enveloped in their own little world to see the big picture.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:42 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,887 times
Quote:
God forbid a woman should have the right to choose according to her own free will:

A state law that takes effect Sunday requires all of a clinic's abortion providers to be certified OB/GYN's, and all of them must have privileges at a local hospital.

"Gov. Phil Bryant signed the bill with the new requirements into law in April after the Republican-dominated legislature overwhelmingly passed it. 'It's historic. Today you see the first step in a movement, I believe, to do what we campaigned on -- to say that we're going to try to end abortion in Mississippi,' Bryant said at the bill-signing event."

"The clinic says it is trying to comply. All of its doctors are OB/GYNs who travel in from other states. But only one can practice at a local hospital. The new law states that all doctors in a clinic must have hospital privileges."

Law could force Mississippi's only abortion clinic to close - CNN.com

Thanks for reminding me to send that cheque off to Planned Parenthood.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:56 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ah yes, not answering because you can't formulate a decent response. Got it. I know how you anti-choice people operate.

Posts like this make me more solidly pro-choice, well done.

There's no decent response to such an idiotic post. But that's how you pro-death people work, because you can't make good arguments to prove your point you make dumb ones because you can't bare admitting that you're wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies