Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 09:55 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post

I'd rather pay for a miserable life than pay for the murder of an innocent.

Your fellow pro-lifers/conservatives obviously don't agree with you...... since they are constantly whining about having to pay to feed other people's children.

Not everyone feels like you do, abused or not. Most of us would rather enjoy life. Forced on parents? Really? They had sex! They could have prevented it using birth control or not having sex. If the first option failed they could have used adoption. No child is "forced on parents", the "parents" make choices and have consequences. The problem with our culture is we have a problem accepting consequence so we are alway looking for the easy way out.

How about you try to take my statement in context, hmmm?

And to your last question: absolutely not.

Ditto to your beliefs.

Do any of my posts give you the impression that I care what you think? If they do, I apologize for giving you that idea.

And you get the impression I care what YOU think because.........?

It takes two. Nice try though.

Once again.....there's that pesky little "context" thing again. How about reading the quoted posts, hmmmm? People quote them for a reason.

You really can't argue with anyone that thinks this because they are to enveloped in their own little world to see the big picture.
If anyone is enveloped in their own little world, it is children who are home schooled. Newsflash.....you can't hide in your own little world forever..... oh wait.....maybe you can.....it's called delusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 09:56 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
They are babies.

Can't say that I've ever heard anyone throwing a "fetus shower".

As I said many posts back, it's only a "fetus" and "zygote" and "clump of cells" when the baby is inconvenient. But you ask some pregnant woman who is glowing and anxious and she won't be talking about her fetus, she'll be talking about her baby.

Learn YOUR terminology.

We already went over self aborting. Learn your terminology please, oh and keep up.

I have no idea what you are talking about that I think someone is definitely suicidal, I'm simply stating that if the person thinks it would have been better for them to be aborted, it's never too late.
*yawn*

You're boring.

Aborting a fetus =/= murder.

Oh and you told helen to go self-abort since she doesn't care for human life...which is the exact same thing as claiming she's suicidal since she's pro-choice. Keep up, would you?

They are fetuses until they are pushed out into the world. I have no idea why you're so adamant about pushing your views and opinions on someone else. It will never work and nothing you say will convince anyone that your way is the right way. I'm presenting you facts - not my fault you choose to blatantly ignore them.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
No, tell me, what do they say since you assumed you knew what I said in my post.
What?

What does this have to do with the topic of this thread?

Get back on track. Thanks.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:58 PM

30,257 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Really?
I'm beginning to understand why you can't think clearly what with you smacking yourself all the time.

Quote:
"Can be" means isn't always. You seriously now seem to be arguing that every unplanned pregnancy is an unwanted pregnancy, even though your use of "can" illustrates that that isn't the case, as I made clear.

Mmmmm, nothing like a good nap.

This is what you got from this exchange?

Have you been diagnosed with a narcissism disorder? I don't care in the least if you change your mind or not. You base your whole argument on emotion. There's no reasoning with that, so why in the world would you think that I am trying to change your mind? You aren't using reason. This is perfectly evident by the way that you jump from me asking about why I should care about you changing your mind to an emotional vomit about not caring about human life.
Oh goodie, let's pull out the "psycho" card. That's the last tactic of someone who has failed, miserably, to intelligently counter the topic.

Oh, yes I am using reasoning. The very fact that I'm sitting here is proof of me using reasoning. The one who is not using reasoning is someone like you who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to abort kids left and right because it's just so darn inconvenient for people and/or the kid might have a rough go in life. I told you I'm living proof of why that is wrong and all you come back with is "why should I care". As I said, you just showed your true colors to the public. You can head smack yourself all you want, you can toss out insults all you want, you can deny or back peddle all you want, the fact is, you just showed who you truly are and I'm not the only one who saw it. (Yah, those things called "rep" comments and those other things called, "direct messages", people have lots to say in those. And they aren't looking to highly on you. Of course, not that you care. Because, you don't care about much of anything at all, except how convenient things can be for you, damn everyone else.)

Old 07-02-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
What?

What does this have to do with the topic of this thread?

OMG, it's like teaching reading comprehension to a 5 year old.

You made a comment about assuming...this was AFTER you stated that my original post you were responding to was "TL;DR" but you went ahead and made a comment ASSUMING what I said. So, AGAIN, in response to your question, "you know what they say about those who assume", why don't you tell me what they say about those who assume since you assumed a WHOLE lot about my post.

And that's it, I'm spent. In the future, if you get lost, City Data has conveniently placed links to pages, with numbers even! so that if you miss something or don't comprehend, you can Go BACK! zOMG! It's amazing this modern technology!

That way, you won't forget what you, yourself, have said. Neat!

Old 07-02-2012, 10:05 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
I'm beginning to understand why you can't think clearly what with you smacking yourself all the time.
Yes, hard to think clearly when reading posts like yours.

Quote:
Oh goodie, let's pull out the "psycho" card. That's the last tactic of someone who has failed, miserably, to intelligently counter the topic.
Um, you really need to read what you write. I wrote in response to you saying essentially, "You'll never change my mind. Ever!" that I don't care about changing your mind, which is why I asked about why I should care about changing your mind.

Quote:
Oh, yes I am using reasoning. The very fact that I'm sitting here is proof of me using reasoning. The one who is not using reasoning is someone like you who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to abort kids left and right because it's just so darn inconvenient for people and/or the kid might have a rough go in life. I told you I'm living proof of why that is wrong and all you come back with is "why should I care". As I said, you just showed your true colors to the public. You can head smack yourself all you want, you can toss out insults all you want, you can deny or back peddle all you want, the fact is, you just showed who you truly are and I'm not the only one who saw it. (Yah, those things called "rep" comments and those other things called, "direct messages", people have lots to say in those. And they aren't looking to highly on you. Of course, not that you care. Because, you don't care about much of anything at all, except how convenient things can be for you, damn everyone else.)
The fact that you can't see outside your own personal narrative shows your lack of reason. Sorry if you don't like that, but it's painfully clear. I did not respond to your post where you shared your personal narrative about growing up. I already pointed out quite clearly what post of yours I was responding to. And you can go back and look for yourself. The quote feature is there and used for a reason.

As I stated in one of my previous posts, I was the product of an unplanned pregnancy, probably unwanted for a while too. And so what? If my mother had chosen to abort me that would have been her choice. And guess what? I wouldn't have had consciousness to care.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
*yawn*

You're boring.

Aborting a fetus =/= murder.

Oh and you told helen to go self-abort since she doesn't care for human life...which is the exact same thing as claiming she's suicidal since she's pro-choice. Keep up, would you?

They are fetuses until they are pushed out into the world. I have no idea why you're so adamant about pushing your views and opinions on someone else. It will never work and nothing you say will convince anyone that your way is the right way. I'm presenting you facts - not my fault you choose to blatantly ignore them.
Wow! What a fabulous rebuttal! Someone please, assign him to the debate team, stat!

And, I wasn't talking to helenjean. Seriously, you have got to learn to keep up.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Wow! What a fabulous rebuttal! Someone please, assign him to the debate team, stat!

And, I wasn't talking to helenjean. Seriously, you have got to learn to keep up.
*yawn*

You. Back on track. Now. Thanks.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
OMG, it's like teaching reading comprehension to a 5 year old.

You made a comment about assuming...this was AFTER you stated that my original post you were responding to was "TL;DR" but you went ahead and made a comment ASSUMING what I said. So, AGAIN, in response to your question, "you know what they say about those who assume", why don't you tell me what they say about those who assume since you assumed a WHOLE lot about my post.

And that's it, I'm spent. In the future, if you get lost, City Data has conveniently placed links to pages, with numbers even! so that if you miss something or don't comprehend, you can Go BACK! zOMG! It's amazing this modern technology!

That way, you won't forget what you, yourself, have said. Neat!
TL;DR

*yawn*

Old 07-02-2012, 10:12 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I certainly do......stop printing the checks.

There will be some whining and complaining, but then the reality will settle in.

People will begin helping each other (and themselves) again!
People will begin helping each other again? Really?

Who? Conservatives like you? People who detest taking on other's responsibility?

Guess what....before this country had the social programs it has today.....malnourished children were common in the United States....apparently you think that was a good thing.....so much for those fetuses once they are born, huh? Too bad....so sad.

Do people in third world countries stop having kids just because they can't feed the ones they already have? Ummm.....NO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies