Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 04:09 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That ministry is more than about religion, it's also about the psychological toll abortion has on women, Many counselors are there to help. It's just not normal for a woman to want to kill her offspring and then not think about it afterward.
I recommend you try looking at actual secular studies that have been done on women and abortion.
I also recommend that you try reading a bit from http://www.imnotsorry.net

janelle, you post the same religious based drivel for each thread and it always gets debunked by actual science.

Last edited by chielgirl; 07-03-2012 at 04:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
That's true so I don't know why pro-choice people would be against this counseling so women can go on with their lives and not be in so much pain.
Most women aren't in "pain" - and why would they go to a religious program that would make them feel guilty. Seems counter-productive to me.
Women make the best decision FOR THEM, based on their set of circumstances.
Might I recommend that you not get an abortion.
How about you start adopting unwanted, abandoned or disabled kids.
Funny how people who are so passionate about what others should do with their bodies, don't pick up the slack.

Another reason why I feel that all religion should be banned in the US.
They just don't know when to mind their own business.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
I'm pro-life and I don't blame the women for getting the abortion so much as I do the abortionist. The woman's circumstance is highly variable; many are financially short, young and/or immature, pressured... too many variables. The abortionist knows exactly what they are doing. They should be in pain. I'm all for counseling for the women who get the abortion.
I guess you thought it was much better when women used knitting needles, hangars, etc. to end a pregnancy.
You need to look at the history of abortion in the US, because you apparently have no idea.

Abortion will always be around. It always has been around.

Do you really want to force abortion into the back alleys again?
Do you hate women that much?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:26 AM

Quote:
IMO unwanted pregnancy and the abortion that follows would be in the top ten of life disruptions. Some will talk about temporary relief followed by lifelong problems it causes with their psyche.

Pro-choice people say abortions are not wanted so why do they discount women's feelings afterward. The site talks about the unseen grief women must endure alone. That can really tear a person up.
Again, this has been debunked numerous times and you've participated in the threads.
No one I know who has had an abortion is sorry that they did it.

Who discounts a woman's feelings afterwards?

You have denied numerous statistical links that have been provided.
Fabricated and biased information tear you up? Interesting.

The alarmist screeds you present have no basis in fact. You've never provided information when asked.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:08 AM

Removing rights for women (by men).
How forward thinking.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:23 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Against her will? Don't be dramatic. She helped create that foreign body using her actions.

Who are you to say that the babies rights are any less valid than the mothers? Abortion is a RIGHT?! Seriously? Abortion is not a right!"""

Even if it wasn't a right, it's a FACT and it won't go away because YOU want it to.

"" It is merely proof of a flawed system."""

So let's berate whoever or whatever created this "system"...how imperfect THEY were!!!! But now you expect humans to be perfect???

""You think you have a right to kill your child simply because it is your child?"""

Nope, no one in here ever advocated killing a child.

""What the hell is wrong with you people? Give the woman another prize for being one of the most brainwashed people I've seen on CD."""

Personal insults....tsk, tsk...

""No, I want people to accept the negative, not just the positive, consequences for their actions. """"

Why? And who are YOU to demand such things???

"""You people are the ones coddling and protecting women from "the burden" of having a child because it may not suit her lifestyle at the moment. So kindly get some new talking points, because the ones you've been using are used and have been proven wrong.

Thank you for proving beyond all doubt that Anti-Choicers ONLY want to punish women for having sex.... (probably because THEY can't get any LOL! )

Old 07-03-2012, 06:04 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
How about this.... you Christians and other various religious people who want to use your holy book to tell ME what to do keep it to yourself and simply don't have abortions. Easy peasy, right?

Oh... wait... I know of at least 5 pro life women Christian women who have had abortions... I guess it's do as I say and not as I do, right?

Seriously. Keep your religion out of my uterus and out of my life. Thanks.
Keep your sick, demented mindset away from unborn children.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I guess you thought it was much better when women used knitting needles, hangars, etc. to end a pregnancy.
You need to look at the history of abortion in the US, because you apparently have no idea.

Abortion will always be around. It always has been around.

Do you really want to force abortion into the back alleys again?
Do you hate women that much?
Logical fallacy.

Racism, robbery, and murder will always be around too, that doesn't mean the state should sanction them.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:13 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Logical fallacy.

Racism, robbery, and murder will always be around too, that doesn't mean the state should sanction them.

Can't compare racism, robbery and murder with abortion because racism, murder and robbery are wrong BUT one comparison is valid:

making laws against them didn't stop them....

Thank you for pointing that out...

Old 07-03-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Can't compare racism, robbery and murder with abortion because racism, murder and robbery are wrong BUT one comparison is valid:

making laws against them didn't stop them....

Thank you for pointing that out...
If murder is wrong, do you consider sucking a baby out of a vagina with a vacuum murder, or just a convenience?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies