Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 07:58 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Those who do not have insurance are seven times less likely to go through preventive screenings. That's the whole point, and no one has said insurance is a cure. Don't play dumb.
not playing dumb

but you are posting (the OP) a LIE, for some group that is pushing INSURANCE....that's pretty dumb

there is ZERO PROOF that those 26k died because of no insurance....but facts do remain that...2.5 million died WITH insurance

--------------

here is a COMMON SENSE question

for "preventive care" (ie annual checkup)...which makes MORE FISCAL SENSE:

going to the docotr once a year for preventive care and paying the $100-200 dollar bill out of pocket

or

paying $400 dollars a month (your share of the group coverage paid for mostly (usually 75%) by your employeer) just so you can go to the doctor once a year and your insurance company get billed 200

only dummies want to pay all that extra money for insurance on preventive care

Old 07-05-2012, 08:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
only dummies want to pay all that extra money for insurance on preventive care
If you think having insurance is dumb, then I take it you do not have health insurance. I guess you are one of those people who just rely on other people to pay for your cure when something happens heatlhwise.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
If you think having insurance is dumb, then I take it you do not have health insurance. I guess you are one of those people who just rely on other people to pay for your cure when something happens heatlhwise.
uhm

insurance is a rip off,, you are EXPECTING some other entity to pay YOUR BILL

its your health...your body...your bill...pay your own darn bill

gee...something the fascist liberals just cant figure out...personal responsibility

I dont ask or expect ANYONE to pay my way...as my daughters says....I-I-I- DOOOO IT

Old 07-05-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
uhm

insurance is a rip off,, you are EXPECTING some other entity to pay YOUR BILL

its your health...your body...your bill...pay your own darn bill

gee...something the fascist liberals just cant figure out...personal responsibility

I dont ask or expect ANYONE to pay my way...as my daughters says....I-I-I- DOOOO IT
Purchasing insurance is being personally responsible, and not a liberal idea. Medical bills can run in the millions, and are #1 reason for personal bankruptcy in US. Are you trying to say that a good conservative doesn't buy insurance? LOL

Old 07-05-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Purchasing insurance is being personally responsible, and not a liberal idea. Medical bills can run in the millions, and are #1 reason for personal bankruptcy in US. Are you trying to say that a good conservative doesn't buy insurance? LOL
posting more lies???
the number one reason for bankrupsey...not being able to pay your bills

fact insurance NEVER has been about care

do you call your car INSURANCE company when you need an annual checkup/inspection.....no...why because INSURANCE is about CATASTROPIC PAYMENT (ie you PAY every month so that IF you are injured to the point that it is not a everyday size bill, the entity of the INSURANCE company will HELP you with ther cost)

the is NOT ONE REASON to use insurance for preventive (IE ANNUAL CHECKUP) care

do you even understand the word INSURANCE..........

""""1. A practice by which a company provides a guarantee of compensation for specified loss, damage, illness, or death in return for payment.""""

"""2. A promise of compensation for specific potential future losses in exchange for a periodic payment. Insurance is designed to protect the financial well-being of an individual, company or other entity in the case of unexpected loss.""""

insurance has NEVER been about care...that is what a doctor is for

Old 07-05-2012, 09:35 AM

694 posts, read 745,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Health care does prevent deaths. Health insurance prevents bankruptcy and financial ruin from acquiring said health care. Nobody in this country should have to choose between death and bankruptcy when trying to treat an illness. (and no, just getting a disease does not automatically mean that the person brought it upon themselves) Why so many conservatives think otherwise is truly beyond me.
I am sure this happens sometimes, but there are so many programs to help people with bills. You are speaking as though backruptcy is a total seisure of all property. That is rarely the case. In many cases, people can restructure and keep their homes and cars, for example. Why do you want to risk backrupting the country, which has happened to many other counties, or nearly, who have socilized their healthcare and dirupt nearly everyone's healthcare services for the needs of a few, which can be taken care of in other ways?

Charles Sands

Old 07-05-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
posting more lies???
the number one reason for bankrupsey...not being able to pay your bills
Not lies, but facts. 62% of all bankruptcies in US are because of medical bills.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Not lies, but facts. 62% of all bankruptcies in US are because of medical bills.
nope...its more spin

100% of all bankruptcies are due to the person not being able to pay their bills

the 62% that you quote...finish the ACTUAL quote...its not the medical bills, but bad health making the person unable to pay those bills...even if their medical bills were completely covered they would still be in bankruptsie due to being unable to pay the other bills...■Majority of people who go bankrupt because of medical reasons actually have insurance! its not the medical bills, but the INABILITY to pay ALL BILLS due to illness/injury

you can spin all day

they fact is its your health, your body, YOUR BILL...dont EXPECT someone else to pay for YOUR BILL or bad luck

Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
nope...its more spin

100% of all bankruptcies are due to the person not being able to pay their bills

the 62% that you quote...finish the ACTUAL quote...its not the medical bills, but bad health making the person unable to pay those bills...even if their medical bills were completely covered they would still be in bankruptsie due to being unable to pay the other bills...■Majority of people who go bankrupt because of medical reasons actually have insurance! its not the medical bills, but the INABILITY to pay ALL BILLS due to illness/injury

you can spin all day

they fact is its your health, your body, YOUR BILL...dont EXPECT someone else to pay for YOUR BILL or bad luck
No spin, it is a fact: medical bills are the #1 reason for personal bankruptcy. It is you who is trying to spin it.

PS. If you purchase insurance, then you have every right to expect the insurance company to pay what they owe. It is a contract, and they need to keep their end of the deal.

What do you have against private insurance anyway? What is the evil you see in it?

Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I am sure this happens sometimes, but there are so many programs to help people with bills. You are speaking as though backruptcy is a total seisure of all property. That is rarely the case. In many cases, people can restructure and keep their homes and cars, for example. Why do you want to risk backrupting the country, which has happened to many other counties, or nearly, who have socilized their healthcare and dirupt nearly everyone's healthcare services for the needs of a few, which can be taken care of in other ways?

Charles Sands
When push comes to shove, these "programs" do not help *that* many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies