Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 01:25 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Only the stupid get prostrate cancer?
Prostate cancer is most rare in countries that have a diet that supports good health.

GLOBOCAN Cancer Fact Sheets: Prostate Cancer

Old 07-04-2012, 01:34 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Prostate cancer is most rare in countries that have a diet that supports good health.

GLOBOCAN Cancer Fact Sheets: Prostate Cancer
Do only stupid people get cancer? Yes, or no?

Old 07-04-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Are you saying you don't?

BTW Pumpkin seed oil is the best medicine for BPH (enlarged prostate).

2 teaspoons a day, keeps the butcher away.
I have mine checked by my doctor.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:38 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,352 times
Quote:
I have mine checked by my doctor.
To each his own.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
To each his own.
Don't forget to scrub your finger after you are done.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:12 PM

884 posts, read 716,294 times
Quote:
So the nurses and hospital are to blame for a lifetime of poor eating choices and bad habits by people that give themselves blocked arteries.

You do know how arteries get blocked 99%

McDonald's
Burger King
Taco Bell (my FIL's favorite) still eats it and has had 6 bi passes and a stint. Won't make it to Christmas.
Wendy's
Arby's

Do you know how much Salt, Fat, and indigestible crap is in that crap?

Poor people that don't get their medical care, when they want it.

Accountability is a lost concept in America.
Modeerf, I believe you read my post incorrectly sir. I am not sure how you read into my post that nurses and hospitals are to blame for people having clogged arteries. The post was referencing to the EMTALA law and there is more to it than just the "dumping of patients." Had that been myself posting what you just wrote, i would feel very embarrassed. I am not sure what you do for a living, but I would wager it isn't in the medical field. That is unless you are just trying to look uneducated about medicine.

Please show me how you came to the conclusion that I think nurses and hospitals are to blame.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Okay, I'll bite. How would you have the money to travel abroad but not have the money for health insurance?
Please don't tell me you are *that* dense! His first example was hypothetical! IF, IF, IF!

Old 07-04-2012, 03:14 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you have a problem with seat belts also?
The state of New Hampshire does. No seat belts. They take their slogan "live free or die" literally. Massachusetts doesn't really enforce its seat belt laws and a lot of the residents don't believe in them. We're #2 in non-seat belt use after New Hampshire.

At least we have a high rate of health insurance coverage...

Buying health insurance on the free market can be expensive for ordinary Americans, and if they have pre-existing conditions unaffordable. Won't being able to switch jobs start your own business without fear of losing health insurance increase our freedom rather than decrease it? If you're going to make the arguement that government intervention will harm our freedom (even though we already have plenty) go ahead, that's a defensible possible. But don't prevent the excess deaths don't exist.

Health Care As a Privilege: What the GOP Won

a small quote:

Democrats will confine the unfortunate to many forms of deprivation, but not deprivation of basic medical care. Republicans will. The GOP is the only mainstream political party in the advanced world to hold this stance.

I don't think health care should be a privilege depending on one's job. I do believe having a good house should be. As well as a decent car (or any car). But not health care.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:43 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Why does everything have to be someones fault? No, it is what it is. Having insurance gets you access to preventive care, and in many cases it saves lives.
wrong

having insurance only means that some entity is paying your bill

I can go to the doctor (any doctor) and get preventive care, without insurance

actually GOING TO THE doctor gets you preventive care

insurance is not care, never has been

Last edited by workingclasshero; 07-05-2012 at 07:52 AM..

Old 07-05-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
wrong

having insurance only means that some entity is paying your bill
Those who do not have insurance are seven times less likely to go through preventive screenings. That's the whole point, and no one has said insurance is a cure. Don't play dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies