Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 07:46 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times

Advertisements

I am neither for St. Hope and Change nor Romney. I have vowed, publicly, that I would never vote for either one.

However, I don't shut down my mind and refuse to listen to any thing whatsoever just because I don't like either one.

The movie has played near where I live but I didn't find out about it in time. Where it is playing tomorrow is an awfully long drive for me.

So, I picked up the book, "The Roots of Obama's Rage" and have started reading it. I don't trust him nor do I trust Romney. I don't trust the GOP at all, I don't trust the DNC at all.

I also have not finished the book, just yet.

NONETHELESS, when you see things happening right in front of your eyes, when you are living them, you can't ignore them unless you completely live in a false reality and refuse to believe that anything bad can happen.

Bad things happen, have happened to other "Roman Empires" and can happen again. I think some people absolutely do not believe that anything negative will happen. They actually believe it. These are the most dangerous in that they are so naive, they continue to support that which they do not understand.

So, I read this book with an open mind that it may, against all of my wishes, cause me to actually have to hold back my complete disgust with the GOP, my distrust of Mitt, (and those insipid f-en emails that I NEVER signed up for which get deleted immediately), and do what I have to do to keep the current mess from getting another four years to follow his father's dreams.

You have NO idea how GD sickening that is to me...but if, when I finish the book, it all does make sense with what I'm seeing going on all around me and this country due to who was elected last time, I will do it.

It pisses me off that I would have to vote for some guy I don't want and never did want to see as president just because the other guy has motives that many are too blind to see...

I haven't yet made up my mind, as I said, I'm not done reading, but if I have to, I will...no matter how fricken angry that makes me.

Unlike some people, I am not afraid of information or ideas. Just like one poster who said a girl went in with an Obama t-shirt on. Laugh at her all you want, at least she had the damn spine to go and see it and not prattle on endlessly about how much movie tickets cost or live her life according to the Gospel of Bill Maher. She at least had an open mind to go and see the movie. I will do the same with the book and do what is right with the annoying choices I have based on what I decide by the end of it.

At this point, the choices are I still vote 3rd party....or...filled with incredible disgust, vote for Romney. Lesser of two evils...I don't think it's a good reason to vote for someone except in this case, the lesser of the two evils could very well be the LESSER, much lesser, much, much, much lesser of two evils.

It's too bad some of the cowards on this forum can't open their minds to see an alternate view point. Keep on keepin' on, sheeple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 07:47 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. I think my IQ went down by 5 points while reading it.
Apparently, you never bothered to read Obama Sr's work.
http://www.politico.com/static/PPM41_eastafrica.html

You know, the father in "Dreams From My Father" about which Obama wrote an entire book. Obama Sr's works and anti-colonial beliefs heavily influence Obama. Hence, the "Dreams From My Father" book.

Last edited by InformedConsent; 09-13-2012 at 08:05 PM..

Old 09-13-2012, 09:14 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Since you linked the story.

From your link:
Well, the undisputed fact is that the Export-Import Bank awarded more than $2 billion in loans and loan guarantees to Brazil. The Export-Import Bank is a U.S. government agency and policy for the agency is set by the Obama administration. So how can the Obama administration escape responsibility for its own policies?

What is the Ex-Im bank:
Export-Import Bank of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It was established in 1934 by an executive order, and made an independent agency in the Executive branch by Congress in 1945, for the purposes of financing and insuring foreign purchases of United States goods for customers unable or unwilling to accept credit risk.

What is an Independent Agency:
Independent agencies of the United States government - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Independent agencies of the United States federal government are those agencies that exist outside of the federal executive departments (those headed by a Cabinet secretary). More specifically, the term is used to describe agencies that, while constitutionally part of the executive branch, are independent of presidential control, usually because the president's power to dismiss the agency head or a member is limited.
Established through separate statutes passed by the Congress, each respective statutory grant of authority defines the goals the agency must work towards, as well as what substantive areas, if any, over which it may have the power of rulemaking. These agency rules (or regulations), while in force, have the power of federal law.

The Brazil loan was decided by directors appointed by Bush and Obama had no say in it.

If he had stopped the loan, I would bet a lot of money that people like D'Souza would be claiming that he had stopped the loan so the U.S companies would not be able to expand overseas.

Unfortunately that is the level of D'Souza's analysis and I have read his writings and heard interviews with him so I am familiar with his theory.

I don't think people have a beef with Brazil drilling but when Obama stops drilling on our country to become Brazil's biggest customer then that makes people here wonder. Just who is he trying to enrich? Not the US with jobs and getting oil right here at home that will drop the price at the pump.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:46 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,876,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
It's still insight into barack. George obama doesn't really have to say a word. obama said, "We are our brother's keeper", "We need to redistribute the wealth", "Pay our fair share". But, his brother is living in a hut that is so small that he can strecth his arms out and touch opposite walls. He is so poor that he had to beg for money from D'nesh for his 2 year old that was in the hospital with pneumonia. Why is obama telling us to care for other's when he doesn't even care about his own brother? This speaks volumes of the character of that man that is sitting in a big, beautiful White House and throwing our tax money around like a drunken sailor on shore leave. I don't know how obama lives with himself.
Sad isn't it? I don't know how Obama lives with himself either. How does Obama sleep at night?
I'd be more than happy to help people out if I was a multi millionaire like Obama. So much for Obama being his brother's keeper like he claims everyone should be.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I am neither for St. Hope and Change nor Romney. I have vowed, publicly, that I would never vote for either one.

However, I don't shut down my mind and refuse to listen to any thing whatsoever just because I don't like either one.

The movie has played near where I live but I didn't find out about it in time. Where it is playing tomorrow is an awfully long drive for me.

So, I picked up the book, "The Roots of Obama's Rage" and have started reading it. I don't trust him nor do I trust Romney. I don't trust the GOP at all, I don't trust the DNC at all.

I also have not finished the book, just yet.

NONETHELESS, when you see things happening right in front of your eyes, when you are living them, you can't ignore them unless you completely live in a false reality and refuse to believe that anything bad can happen.

Bad things happen, have happened to other "Roman Empires" and can happen again. I think some people absolutely do not believe that anything negative will happen. They actually believe it. These are the most dangerous in that they are so naive, they continue to support that which they do not understand.

So, I read this book with an open mind that it may, against all of my wishes, cause me to actually have to hold back my complete disgust with the GOP, my distrust of Mitt, (and those insipid f-en emails that I NEVER signed up for which get deleted immediately), and do what I have to do to keep the current mess from getting another four years to follow his father's dreams.

You have NO idea how GD sickening that is to me...but if, when I finish the book, it all does make sense with what I'm seeing going on all around me and this country due to who was elected last time, I will do it.

It pisses me off that I would have to vote for some guy I don't want and never did want to see as president just because the other guy has motives that many are too blind to see...

I haven't yet made up my mind, as I said, I'm not done reading, but if I have to, I will...no matter how fricken angry that makes me.

Unlike some people, I am not afraid of information or ideas. Just like one poster who said a girl went in with an Obama t-shirt on. Laugh at her all you want, at least she had the damn spine to go and see it and not prattle on endlessly about how much movie tickets cost or live her life according to the Gospel of Bill Maher. She at least had an open mind to go and see the movie. I will do the same with the book and do what is right with the annoying choices I have based on what I decide by the end of it.

At this point, the choices are I still vote 3rd party....or...filled with incredible disgust, vote for Romney. Lesser of two evils...I don't think it's a good reason to vote for someone except in this case, the lesser of the two evils could very well be the LESSER, much lesser, much, much, much lesser of two evils.

It's too bad some of the cowards on this forum can't open their minds to see an alternate view point. Keep on keepin' on, sheeple.
I agree with you. Why talk about the price of tickets, etc? Seems to be a diversion from talking about the real issues.

I know your dilemma and identify with it. But each election year most people feel the same way and have for years. Voting guides will advise learning about the issues as much as you can, then vote for the person whose values and ideas are CLOSEST to yours. That is all we can ever do.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:25 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,206,442 times
No one should watch it before the election..

Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't think people have a beef with Brazil drilling but when Obama stops drilling on our country to become Brazil's biggest customer then that makes people here wonder. Just who is he trying to enrich? Not the US with jobs and getting oil right here at home that will drop the price at the pump.
People may not have a beef with it, but D'Souza still uses it as a proof point in his theory. He would sound more credible if he would stop making such ludicrous statements.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
People may not have a beef with it, but D'Souza still uses it as a proof point in his theory. He would sound more credible if he would stop making such ludicrous statements.
What??? Obama won't let the US drill right here. I don't see where D'Souza is dong anything but telling the truth.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:55 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,303 times
I kinda knew I lived in a Conservative neighborhood before, but my local theater is showing 2016 and Last Ounce of Courage.

Synopsis | StandUSA

Old 09-14-2012, 05:04 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What??? Obama won't let the US drill right here. I don't see where D'Souza is dong anything but telling the truth.
Is he telling the the truth about the Brazil Oil Loan by the Ex-Im bank that I quoted from the article you linked? He repeatedly incorrectly characterizes the nature of the loan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies