Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 12:21 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Well, apparently it wasn't PC back in 1973.

"Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born"

Cher - Half Breed [HQ] - YouTube
Gotta say Cher was one hot half-breed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 07:46 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Don't you think that one reason it will be "an ugly situation" is because many White people are afraid of becoming a minority? It's estimated that by the year 2015, minorities will be 1/3 of the workforce, and lots of people who aren't used to diversity and want things to be the way they were in "the good old days" aren't too happy about it.

I agree with you, however, that there is racism on both sides. I also think some people are just plain nuts.
Actually, I think it's just the opposite in that people used to a *minority* status are having that status blurred more and more.

Look at violence in metro areas. Is it because "white people aren't embracing diversity"?

I would point you to history, the American Nazi party in fact. Rockwell led the party until his killing at the hands of.....a fellow nazi in the 1970's. Why? They'd argued about just how "racially pure" the shooter was.

Just look at Don Kings comments this week calling a boxer a derogatory racial slur for hispanics. There is no magic tolerance card for other minorities and if anything a lighter public punishment\reaction in US society than if the offender is white. In short, the younger generation has a lot of minorities that have learned that their minority status shields them in uttering racist remarks.

I mean just look at your posts premise...that racial problems will get worse as there is more mixing hey must be the white peoples fault! Um, if anything white attitudes towards race are trending positively as the old-farts die off.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:11 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,515 times
Default Deja Vu?

It's amazing that just a few posters have the inane ability to turn virtually every thread in which they "participate" into the same chaotic mess.

You could be talking about lemonade stands, and it would end up in a discussion of race, gun rights, or some political slur.

I have a moronic relative like that, someone that pollutes and ends every good conversation anyone could think of. Sadly, he gets pretty upset that nobody communicates with him anymore

If you start your day reading the Drudge Report, wondering what the sarcastic message of the week will be on MSNBC or Fox, or look to HuffPo for your daily dosage, or a chain email, then come here to vent, chances are very good your life sucks

There are some excellent posters here, on both sides, whether I agree with them or not. I've found some pretty interesting information when researching a topic because someone pointed out something I'd not seen before. The Ignore feature only goes so far. People quote them, then the thread turns into total hate, then it gets closed.

The part that is bewildering is this. Many of the hateful or parasitic posters are quite intelligent. One wonders what motivation they have for their diversion into utter drivel. I blame it on media overload. I'm actually not interested in finding out the real cause, because it's probably more depressing.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:08 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I mean just look at your posts premise...that racial problems will get worse as there is more mixing hey must be the white peoples fault! Um, if anything white attitudes towards race are trending positively as the old-farts die off.
You are taking my words out of context. I didn't write "the only reason" did I? I wrote, in response to another post, that "one reason" is because..

Old 07-09-2012, 12:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The judge's order said that the new $1 million bond was not a punishment but an amount that assured the court that Zimmerman would not abscond.

Bull ****.. If the judge thought he was going to abscond at $150K, then he shouldnt have issued bond at $150K in the first place
The initial bond was low for a possible murder case in the first place but the second one was based upon the fact that he lied about the amount of money that he had and he tried to hide a valid passport

Old 07-09-2012, 01:16 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Actually you are spot on.

The bottom line is this:

1) Zimmerman acted inappropriately to pursue someone agaisnt 911 insturctions and to do so without a non-lethal alternative like mace or taser. Personally I feel he should do some time for this.

2) The black community has latched onto this like some sort of nicotein-patch as if their kids are being killed by roaming racists and "legal guns" instead of the fact that the vast majority of deaths are gand and drug related and inflicted by blacks and "other minorities".

So, feel good about Zimmerman....the red herring.....no matter what happens to him...we will be having articles about blacks being shot to death in record numbers.

It's because Zimmerman is *white* after all.... Per the local racists.

The saddest part is that the thread is full of overt racists saying stuff about trayvon....and then the racists in denial that make comments about zimmerman, whites etc. and then try to claim the high ground that they are a minority and thus cannot be racist. Great.

After all of your blabbering you missed the main point of the whole thing...THE POLICE TRIED TO COVER IT UP! This is what pisses the black community off more than anything else. If zimmerman was black and they tried to cover it up like they tried to do, it still would have been a mess

Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
More evidence in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin is set for public release Thursday morning, prosecutors said Monday.
A recent court filing shows the documents include statements from several new civilian witnesses, reports generated by the FBI and Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Zimmerman's prior calls to police and his application for a concealed weapon permit.

George Zimmerman more evidence - Orlando Sentinel

Old 07-09-2012, 04:25 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If the woman's stories of gz's racism toward blacks is released Thursday, this forum will be hoppin' again.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:37 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
After all of your blabbering you missed the main point of the whole thing...THE POLICE TRIED TO COVER IT UP! This is what pisses the black community off more than anything else. If zimmerman was black and they tried to cover it up like they tried to do, it still would have been a mess
If the shooter had been black, would Crump have taken the case? Sharpton held rallies ? A million hoodie march ? A question at a prez press conference ? A po'd black community at the so-called cover up ?

You'll answer yes, I'll answer no [unless perhaps the black killer was a conservative Republican]. We'll never know.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:00 PM

179 posts, read 156,719 times
I really don't see why a negative inference should be drawn against Zimmerman for having an escape route (if that is indeed what he was doing). He legitimately feared for his family's life - they had Spike Lee attempting to tweet their home address, a bounty put on his head, the president and first lady speaking out against him, etc. Pretty much every black criminal in America would have attacked him if they could. Thugs were selling shirts with crosshairs superimposed over Zimmerman's picture.

Hs understandable paranoia can even be heard in the jailhouse recordings - he told his wife to buy a bulletproof vest.

Not that the judge is wrong to consider him a flight risk - I just don't see the point in blaming him. Frankly, any sane person who initially had the law on his side only to have the situation completely reversed based on racial hysteria, political appeasement of minorities, and outright lies from the "victim's" family's representatives (yes - Crump was caught in outright lies - not the least of which was the phony statement of DeeDee) would have done the same.

How would YOu respond if your safety was similarly put in jeopardy. What would YOU do if the best outcome was a relatively quick death at the hand of ruthless criminals in prison?

He also has no hope of a fair trial. Nobody who is competent to serve on a jury currently has an unbiased opinion about Zimmerman - everyone has made up his mind already (pro or anti Zim). Unlike other notorious defendants (eg McVeigh), the jury pool has been irredeemably tainted with complete falsehoods created by the media. Zimmerman unprompted noting the suspect was black; Zimmerman had no injuries; Trayvon was shot in the back; Trayvon was a good, fresh-faced kid; etc.

It's pretty telling he only planned on fleeing (again of thats truly what he had planned) after he was arrested for political reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies