Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think should happen?
Marriage for all. 45 52.33%
Civil unions for all. 8 9.30%
No government recognition. 22 25.58%
Other. Please explain. 11 12.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:07 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
generally a pedophile is a man. So when I said a pedophile marrying a 14 year old, that is what I was talking about. Carry on.
Hey, you're the one who first specifically cite an old man and a young girl, then lied and claimed you weren't talking about such things.

It's hard to keep track of all the false claims you post, Steve. It would be so much easier if you would just say what you mean, and limit your statements to things that aren't false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 09:24 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,510,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Hey, you're the one who first specifically cite an old man and a young girl, then lied and claimed you weren't talking about such things.

It's hard to keep track of all the false claims you post, Steve. It would be so much easier if you would just say what you mean, and limit your statements to things that aren't false.
See what happens when you can't admit to not reading what I said I meant. All yhou can resort to is calling people liars etc etc. Lol, such a sad life

Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
(to Green Onions) See what happens when you can't admit to not reading what I said I meant. All yhou can resort to is calling people liars etc etc. Lol, such a sad life
...Are you going to retract your argument, conceding that it's a non sequitur in which there's no reason to have faith in, or not?

Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
See what happens when you can't admit to not reading what I said I meant. All yhou can resort to is calling people liars etc etc. Lol, such a sad life
You specifically cite an old man and a young girl.

//www.city-data.com/forum/25143651-post150.html
Quote:
Another thing to consider is where does the homosexual marriage go. Once it is accepted, when does it stop. 65 year old man and a 13 year old girl getting married? A Pedophile marrying a 14 year old. Sandusky not getting convicted. Where does it end, where?
Equal rights? Equal liberties?
Feel free to present some actual evidence, Steve. Still waiting on that. Lots of assertions, but not a shred of evidence.

Man, the 21st Century must suck for you. When the USSC declines to grant cert this fall in Perry v. Brown and same-sex marriage becomes legal in California once again, you'll probably be furiously posting your lies. Again. And when Maine and Maryland and Washington implement their same-sex marriage laws in November, you'll probably be doing the same. Next year, Rhode Island and Illinois, and maybe New Jersey. It's coming, Steve, to every state eventually.

I wonder how much time will have to pass before you concede how wrong you are?

Of course, we both know you never will. You're not reality-based, Steve. Facts mean nothing to you.

Now, keep lying and tell us once again that you weren't talking about old men and young girls, even though your post is there for all to see. Rest assured, I'll keep posting it and pointing out your lies!

Old 07-13-2012, 01:17 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,510,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
You specifically cite an old man and a young girl.

//www.city-data.com/forum/25143651-post150.html

Feel free to present some actual evidence, Steve. Still waiting on that. Lots of assertions, but not a shred of evidence.

Man, the 21st Century must suck for you. When the USSC declines to grant cert this fall in Perry v. Brown and same-sex marriage becomes legal in California once again, you'll probably be furiously posting your lies. Again. And when Maine and Maryland and Washington implement their same-sex marriage laws in November, you'll probably be doing the same. Next year, Rhode Island and Illinois, and maybe New Jersey. It's coming, Steve, to every state eventually.

I wonder how much time will have to pass before you concede how wrong you are?

Of course, we both know you never will. You're not reality-based, Steve. Facts mean nothing to you.

Now, keep lying and tell us once again that you weren't talking about old men and young girls, even though your post is there for all to see. Rest assured, I'll keep posting it and pointing out your lies!
WHat part about this "A Pedophile marrying a 14 year old" were you forgetting I was talking about when addressing pedophile.
I guess we have to leave this as it is as we are not communicating.
My whole point is when does it end, when does society finally just accept everything as okay. When I said an old man marrying a young girl, then after the comma I said A Pedophile marrying a 14 year old.
Is that too hard to read?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:20 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
My whole point is when does it end, when does society finally just accept everything as okay.
Yes, and I've shot that "point" down. You've yet to respond to any of it, but I reminded you that we as a nation have done away with various taboos without it leading to pedophiles marrying children.

I also pointed out that we've actually been moving in the opposite direction, because traditionally, grown men did marry underage girls much more often than they do now. So you see, you've absolutely nothing to worry about there. NEXT CONCERN, please!

Old 07-13-2012, 05:02 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Also - what's the big deal about coercion? Why is coercion bad? Is that just your personal opinion or is it a religious thing?
Are you serious?

Coercion is forcing someone to do something you want using threats or intimidation.

If you don't understand why that is wrong, you need to be locked away.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
WHat part about this "A Pedophile marrying a 14 year old" were you forgetting I was talking about when addressing pedophile.
My whole point is when does it end, when does society finally just accept everything as okay. When I said an old man marrying a young girl, then after the comma I said A Pedophile marrying a 14 year old.
Earth to Steve:
IT IS ALREADY LEGAL FOR A 65 YEAR OLD MAN TO MARRY A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL

YOU are the one touting the moronic logic that legalizing same-sex marriage will lead to this. Well, obviously, since it already exists as a legality than the marriage laws YOU LIKE have led to it. Well, by what you're trying to pass off as 'logic', anyway.

Still waiting for examples of your assertions, Steve. Still waiting. And I'll keep waiting, because all you have are hollow claims with nothing to back them up.

Nothing.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:19 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Currently if the pedophile likes girls he can marry a 14 year old.
There are more female victims of pedophiles than there are male victims.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:26 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,608,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Are you serious?

Coercion is forcing someone to do something you want using threats or intimidation.

If you don't understand why that is wrong, you need to be locked away.
I understand perfectly why sexual coercion is wrong. I'm a Catholic; my faith teaches it is wrong; I subscribe to a moral code with more authority than my own two-bit opinion. But the rest of you are just feeling around in the dark. You don't like it, therefore it's wrong. Not good enough. Other people like it just fine: telling them they need to be locked away isn't an argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies